8.0

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Sep 202011

Ram 1500

Purchased a 2006 1500 4WD Dodge extended cab pickup truck in mid September of 2011. Didn't check the heater because the outside temp was probably around 80 degrees. A few weeks later when it was colder I turned the heat on and discovered it would not blow heat out at the floor. It blew it out at the windshield. Went in and hollered at the dealership and they fixed it. This was probably in December of 2011. On January 9, 2012 it started doing the same thing so I took it back. Supposedly it is now fixed, but I have not picked it up yet. They are not supposed to charge me, but I guess I will find out. Who would expect a $17,000 vehicle to have heater problems? Not to mention another problem was the dashboard did not light up at night. They fixed that, but I had to pay $100.00 towards that and that now works except the know for the headlights does not light up at night and I am fairly certain it is supposed to. Other than all that it seems to be a decent truck, but I am probably done with that dealership as my feeling these things should all be checked out and repaired before they ever put them on the sales lot!

- , Adrian, MI, USA

Sep 012009

Ram 1500 Lonestar 4.7L

The heater will not work on the floor vents. The ac will with my flip flops on but not the heater. It will work on defrost or face vents, Its crazy......I am really getting tired of my car falling apart piece by piece....

- , Early, TX, USA

Nov 012010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I was just wondering if anyone had a fix for this yet, I usually work on my own vehicles but I don't know where to start on this yet. Is it electrical? The rest of my system works fine so I was thinking it might just be the switch but I don't know how to check it. So my only option is to buy a new one and hope that is the problem unless anyone else knows what is wrong.

- , Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Sep 172010

Ram 1500 Quad 3.7

After it stopped working I took it to a local dealership (Edd Kirby) buyer beware. I spent $150.00 out of pocket and 4 trips to get it fixed and this morning it stopped again. When I switch it to floor heat it blows out of the defroster,now I'm just pissed.

- , Chatsworth, GA, USA

Oct 262010

Ram 1500 Quad Hemi 5.7 ltr

this is the first for me - having no heat on the floor, its getting cold out here in the west of NM and let me say its no fun. like all the others, I have read about the same problem that we should not be the ones having to pay for any fixings. let Dodge fix them. hell yea !!

- , Santa Fe, NM, USA