8.5

$1,600.00

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 072014

Ram 1500 SLT Big Horn 5.7L Hemi

I will add to the " rust over the wheel wells" rants. Mine is a 2006 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi-quad Cab. Bought about a year ago from local dealer. Aside from this rust issue-it has been an excellent vehicle. However, I noted some paint bubbles recently-took it the body shop for touch up-found after removing the Dodge accessory chrome wheel well trim it was rusted through. I just sold a 1996 Buick Riviera that had the same miles-and not a spot of rust. I've also had Sverla pickups over the years that were considerably older and more exposed to the elements than my current truck-they showed nothing like this at this age/mileage. Very disappointing.

Also-I have co-worker who has the same truck one year older with similar miles-same spot-same rust-worse.

- , Hutchinson, MN, USA

Nov 172010

Ram 1500 LX 5.7L Hemi

Both rear wheel wells at the top are rusting inside and out. Paint is bubbling on the outside with rust evident. Second 1500 owned that had paint problems. Won't buy another one. 2013.

- , Elberfeld, IN, USA

Jul 172012

Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7L Hemi

As many many others have written, I too have to join the very unhappy Dodge Ram 1500 trucks that are rusting out at the bedside, right above the wheels the rust is coming from the inside to out, I bought the truck from a dealership one year ago on a 4 year loan, had 71k miles thinking I will get some long life from this truck, looked great, 6 months later I noticed the rust bubbles, I only drive the truck on special occasions and to pull my camper only, so then I looked better and realized that the side-bed had already been repaired at the same place and now it was back, so I got rust under, sanded it down and coated it and 6 months later it is back, I am paying on this truck for the next three years at $550.00 a month and as my brother stated He could hear the fenders rust on a quite night, this is unacceptable and Dodge needs to fix the problem. MY 2002 Pontiac Sunfire that I bought new in 2002 has less rust on it and over double the miles and almost double the years, this is crazy Dodge get it together, and fix our trucks as this is a factory default and everyone knows it.

- , Phelps, KY, USA

Jan 012012

Ram 1500 SLT Big Horn 5.7L Hemi

Dodge's way of a stimulus for the economy, the body shop, junkyards and car dealers are all doing well at our expense.Waiting for a recall-one could die, the estimate to fix my truck is $2400 and it would only be a stop gap measure, I am so mad but, the only thing I can do is trade it off, which i did for a new Ford.

Dave