2006 Dodge Ram 1500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

Feb 122010

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that when he attempted to use the turn signals, they would not function properly; if he used the left turn signal, it would indicate a right signal and vice versa. Periodically, the turn signal would not work and the hazard lights would not turn on immediately; they would function one after the other. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer but the dealer stated that he could find nothing wrong. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The current mileage was approximately 78,000. The failure mileage was approximately 75,000.

- Bedford Heights, OH, USA

Sep 272010

Ram 1500 10-cyl

Turn signal malfunction. When I move turn signal lever for left turn, the right turn lamps flash. Sometimes it does not signal at all.

- La Jolla, CA, USA

Jul 242010

Ram 1500

2006 Dodge mega cab w/ hemi. When the blinkers are turned on ( left or right) they blink in the wrong direction or do not blink at all. On my truck they started about 1 month ago and are increasingly getting worse. Now every turn they are sure to mess up. This could be a very serious issue if another vehicle think you are turning 1 way and you are actual turning another. This needs to be recalled..........

- Smithville, TX, USA

Aug 092010

Ram 1500

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 slt that when you turn the left turn signal on the right turn signal flashes. When you turn the windshield wipers on the fastest speed is delay. The problem was happening once in awhile now it is happening on a daily basis. Took it to a Dodge dealership they couldn't find any problem but did change the multifunction switch.

- Ellsworth, PA, USA

Aug 302010

Ram 1500

2006 Dodge Ram truck turning on the wrong turn signal, for instance you are making a right turn and you push the stalk up, the left turn signal turns on.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Aug 082008

Ram 1500

Purchased a new 2006 Dodge quad cap at 33,000 miles the turn signal switch malfunctioned (if you signal to turn right the left signal would come on, and vise-versa, high beam would not turn off after getting it turned on, windshield wipers, would turn while signaling, and stop periodically during rain storms). The dealer replaced the faulty switch, and at 54,000 miles the switch malfunctioned again, and is doing same things.

- Joelton, TN, USA

Aug 272010

Ram 1500

I was driving on the highway and attempting to change lanes, I pulled down my turn signal yoke to engage the signal and changed lanes - approx 500 yards later I was pulled over by a state highway patrolman who explained that I never signaled when I changed lanes. After assuring him that I did we explored the possibility that my lights were out - after going through all the motions we concluded that my lights worked fine but for some reason, my turn signals would randomly decide not to work and work at other times for no reason. The officer let me go with a warning and a promise to look into the situation right away. After doing some research, I have found many other people with the same problem from the same automaker - Dodge needs to recall all of their 2006 Ram's and replace their defective parts. I believe ( from what I have read) it is the multi-function switch that needs the replacing. This is a major safety concern if people are thinking that their turn signals are working properly and in fact they are not - if it is concern enough to warrant a failed inspection from a dealership or state mandated law, why does Dodge believe that it is not necessary for them to replace their mistakes ? this is going to get people killed !!!!!

- Fulton , MD, USA

Jan 102010

Ram 1500

Much like the Ram 3500, the turn signal on my 2006 Ram 1500 began malfunctioning several months ago and continues to do so intermittently. At times, the left turn signal turns on the right blinker; other times, the opposite happens - left turns on right. Still other times, the multi-function switch does nothing at all. In response to similar complaints about the 3500, Chrysler has voluntarily issued an extended warranty on this issue for the 2006 model year. They should do the same for 1500 models as well as this is a very distracting and an obviously serious potential safety hazard.

- Garden City, MI, USA

Aug 102010

Ram 1500

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 and the turn signals do not work correctly. The truck was functioning properly before and there has not been any changes or accidents to the vehicle that could have caused it. When you turn the right signal on, it will blink a few times, then the left will blink a few times, or it will go back and forth like a police car. Some times both will blink at the same time. Some times it has a strobe light effect. My truck had 70K miles on it when it started and it happens every day. It might not happen every time I turn the blinker on, but it does happen every day. It has made driving very dangerous, because vehicles will cut me off because they are unable to determine what my turn signals are telling them. It makes it dangerous to change lanes and turn at intersections. Driving at night is even worse. This is a safety issue and should be recalled. I have done online research and found that it is a very common problem with this year and model truck. The solution to the problem is to replace the turn signal switch in the steering column. I called my local Dodge dealership and they said it would cost around 500 dollars to fix. I highly stress that this issue be addressed. I strongly suggest this issue be addresses as it is only a matter of time until a serious crash will be caused by the malfunction.

- Everett, WA, USA

Aug 102010

Ram 1500

2006 Dodge Ram turn signal switch, when activated for left turn both turn signals flash or will completely shut off. When activating windshield wipers during rain they sometimes turn off by themselves and I have to fiddle with the switch to get them going again while driving down the road. Went to dealer they want $300 to fix it since its not a safety issue, wipers turning off in the rain is not a safety issue?

- Oglesby, IL, USA

Jul 142010

Ram 1500

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab truck. I have had this problem since shortly after I purchased the truck. The turn signals and the wipers intermittently do not work. Also, if I put on the left turn signal the right one goes on most of the time. From research I have done this is due to a faulty multi function switch that controls the turn signals, wipers and hazard lights. The dealer has replaced this switch twice under warranty and will not replace it now that it is out of warranty. This is a real safety hazard especially when the wipers stop working driving in the rain. I have researched this problem and there are thousands of posts on the internet with people having the same problems. There needs to be a recall for this. It is a real safety issue that needs to be fixed.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Mar 042007

Ram 1500

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500trx4. I have a serious issue with my blinkers and windshield wipers. If I turn my left blinker on, my right blinkers comes on a few times, then my left a few times, then both, and next they don't work at all. It is the same result if I turn on my left blinker, while all of this is happening my windshield wipers come on and it usually washes my windshield. It happens 9 out of 10 times I try to use a turn signal. The issue started back in March of 07 but happened very rarely, lately it is happening more frequently. This is a very serious safety issue and Chrysler will not do anything about it. I have read many complaints online about this issue. Should this not be a recall?

- Ripley, TN, USA

Jan 162008

Ram 1500

06 Dodge Ram turn signal indicates different direction than intended when making turns. Had several close calls in 08 before realizing what was wrong. Wipers also malfunction ninety % of the time. Have not repaired these problems just use a lot of rainx but not my turn signals.

- Lexington, TN, USA

Aug 082010

Ram 1500

My 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 is having issues with the signals and wipers. Serious problem when I am driving in the rain and my left blinker says I'm turning right and vice versa. Wipers not working at all. I was caught in the rain today and manually had to flip my wipers and signals almost caused a wreck.

- Midland, TX, USA

Aug 032010

Ram 1500

On a 2006 Dodge Ram when U turn the left turn signal on U might get right left or both and it messes with windshield wipers to not good when raining or turning.

- Vincennes, IN, USA

Jun 012010

Ram 1500

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram quad cab and recently the turn signal / wiper switch has been acting up. Quite often when I push down to turn the left turn signal on the right comes on and there are times when no turn signal comes on at all. I was almost rear-ended because of this. Also sometimes the wipers will not come out of intermittent no matter what setting I have them on. Again this almost caused an accident because during a heavy rainstorm all that I could get to work was intermittent. I have read online of other 2006 Dodge Ram owners having these same issues. This is a huge safety concern and should be recalled.

- Zanesville, OH, USA

Jul 292010

Ram 1500

The turn signals and wipers on my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 are not working properly. Nothing happens when I move the switch up, and when I move it down, the right blinker comes on. The wipers don't work properly, and sometimes they don't work at all. These are all controlled by the toggle switch on the left side of the steering column. Today 7/29/2010 I was driving through a heavy down pour and the wipers stopped as described. The problems have been occurring for 1 and 1/2 weeks. I have read online of others having the same problems, and the fix is a new switch.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Jul 262010

Ram 1500

Turn signal blinks opposite of direction the switch is on. I was turning left and a car almost hit me when I turned left. I noticed my signal was blinking on the right indicator light on the dash. I have now noticed it does it quite a lot.

- N Fort Myers, FL, USA

May 162010

Ram 1500

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 and the multifunction switches go out very early. It causes the turn signals to come on in the opposite direction intended, and causes the windshield wipers to slow or cut off completely out of no where.

- Jefferson City, TN, USA

Jul 122010

Ram 1500

I had my daughter out for drivers training when all of a sudden the turn signals stopped working. We pulled into a parking lot and checked fuses but found no problem. I took over driving and the signals started working by there selves. A week later I was at a stop sign turning right all of a sudden the left turn signal started flashing alternate of the right flashing. Then they stopped working all together. When I restarted the truck the turn signals started working again. Yesterday the signals would work once and then stop working until I would restart the truck. The dealership said they could not diagnose the problem until the signals acted up so they could see it. I guess it's time to go to the dealer and get it fixed.

- Hamilton, OH, USA