6.0

1. solution to vibration in the front steering wheel (2 reports)
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 182010

Ram 1500 Bighorn Slt 4.7L

Purchased 4 New firestones 20" before vibration, drove car to Daytona 500 (2000 miles) vibration beat me to death..highway 58-62 mph. Have had tires rebalanced,checked,rechecked,rotated 180 * rebalanced still have vibration at 58-62 mph, now have severe vibration if stomp on brakes at highway speed (steering wheel) now being told it may be ball joints/tie rods etc.Don't believe I have warped rotors (only occurs at certain speeds. Shocks??? only 55000 miles....never happened until I got the new firestones

- , Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Apr 282010

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I recently had the front hubs replaced since there was a defect through Dodge. Also, I had new rotors on the front put on along with new brakes. I was told there is a lot of slack in the driver side hub and just a little in the passenger side hub. I had new hubs put on at the Dodge dealership near me and I still feel a very bad vibration in the front end and the steering wheel of the vehicle. I was told that the 20 inch tires on the front didn't have any weights on the inside of the tire and they were put on and it still rides like crap. I was also told that the rear tires are wearing uneven(chopped out). I'm wondering is there a problem with the suspension on the vehicle I'm getting frustrated throwing money into it and only have had it a week. Also, could the tires need balancing and the vehicle need a front end alignment. Please some give me some great advice!!!

Update from May 15, 2010: I recently found out that the front and rear 20 inch tires on my Dodge Ram 1500 are chopped out on the front and the rear tires. By chopped out I mean that they're wearing unevenly from not being rotated along with the bad front hubs and not being properly balanced.

- , Ruleville, MS, USA