2006 Dodge Ram 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 252010

Ram 1500

2006 Dodge Ram 1500, steering wheel shakes & truck pulls when brakes applied. Brakes back & front changed rotors & pads. Same condition. This condition was reported June 15/07 7 tie rod ends changed & brakes. The second set of brakes have been installed checked tie rods defective & sloppy on second set. Vehicle has 71727 km`S & Dodge will not change tie rod ends saying truck is out of warranty period. Checking used 2006 to 2008 Dodge Ram have had tie rods changed. Suspect Chrysler Dodge does not want to advertise this defect with recall because after tie rods changed alignment is required.

- Ottawa, 00, USA

Apr 012009

Ram 1500

My 2006 Ram 1500 2 wheel drive, big horn edition shakes while braking at approximately 70 mph until it slows to approximately 55 mph. Noone can find the problem. The truck shakes so badly, it feels like the front end is going to shake off! I have replace all 4 tires, had wheels balanced, replaced all 4 rotors, brakes, calipers, inner and outer tierods, front wheel hubs, shocks and the truck still shakes so bad that im scared I will be thrown into oncoming traffic if I had to stop fast.... I cannot find the problem and no one, not even the dealer can find the cause!

- Hazel Park, MI, USA

Jun 142007

Ram 1500

Bought 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 new from metro Dodge in ottawa. Have had numerous front end troubles. Brakes,3sets of front shocks, wheel bearings, outer tie rod ends replaced once at 22000km`S. tie rod ends on streeing are defective again. Dodge wants to inspect & charge for outer rie rod ends after 42000kms on second set. Checking used 2006,2007 & 2008 in Dodge dealer lots outer tie rods have been replaced on trucks in lot. I feel Dodge is covering up a defective design & part troubles on all 3 years. Metro Dodge told me to never bring my truck back for service. The service manager denies that these years of trucks have defective front end parts & design. Please investigate before a major collision with this vehicle. Thank you, steve moore

- Kanata, 00, USA

Oct 302009

Ram 1500

While driving my 2006 Dodge 1500 megacab truck at 70 mph, the truck started shaking violently and out of control. I held it as straight as I could and applied the brakes. The shaking finally stopped at about 20 mph. This was especially dangerous, because it was in the fast lane of traffic during rush hour. I later read some forums on the internet that labeled this problem the "death wobble." It appears, from the many experiences described on the forums, that this is a common problem with Dodge.

- Lakeside, CA, USA

Sep 302009

Ram 1500

Had vehicle aligned due to the front end bouncing. Tie rod was replaced and vehicle had a vibration and popping noise from the front end after that. Today I took it to the shop and they said the wheel bearing is worn beyond safe conditions. My VIN did not fall under the current recall but I seem to be having the same problem with my vehicle and my family has been put at risk with this vehicle problem. I have new parts being put on today which is going will be paid out of pocket again. I have driven with this vibration for some time now not even aware that it could possibly be under a recall. A fault this serious could cause death and injury to my family and someone else's.

- Grant City, MO, USA

Nov 202008

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram. While driving less than 30 mph, the vehicle began to vibrate hard and the front driver's side wheel detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The dealer stated that the wheel bearings were more than likely the cause of the failure; however, they could not assist because the vehicle was 2,000 miles out of warranty. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure and current mileages were 36,944. Updated 04-14-09 updated 04/16/09.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Mar 012007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving 40 mph and attempting to apply the brakes the front end of the vehicle began shaking until it came to a complete stop. The dealer stated that the failure was due to the front end suspension and brakes. The dealer was unable to repair the vehicle since the the parts were unavailable. The contact received recall notice #G02. The current and failure mileage were 15000.

- Buford, GA, USA

Oct 112006

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The vehicle has a vibration mainly between the speeds of 55 to 60 mph. However I have noticed the vibrations at other speeds as well. The vibration is significant enough to shake the vehicle occupants. The first visit to the service department I was told one wheel was found out of balance and the problem was remedied. On the way home the vibration was still present. I immediately called the service department and brought the vehicle back. The service manager rode with me and indeed acknowledged there was a problem. During this second visit it was determined all 4 tires were not within acceptable limits and replaced. (mind you the tires only had approximately 1600 miles.) after driving with the new tires for a few days the vibration still persists. I took the vehicle in for a third visit to the service department, however the service manager could not duplicate the problem and I was sent on my way with no attempted remedy. I have been researching the problem, and have found nearly 40 other consumers complaining of the same vibration on their 2006 Dodge Ram. They have also not had any success at fixing the problem after as many as five visits to their respective service departments.

- Bartlett, TN, USA