3.7

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Nov 202008

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram. While driving less than 30 mph, the vehicle began to vibrate hard and the front driver's side wheel detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The dealer stated that the wheel bearings were more than likely the cause of the failure; however, they could not assist because the vehicle was 2,000 miles out of warranty. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure and current mileages were 36,944. Updated 04-14-09 updated 04/16/09.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 162009

Ram 1500

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram that has a recall on the front wheels due to improper grease on the bearings. www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm when contacting Dodge about this problem, they said that they would not perform the recall because my truck has a rebuilt title on it. Because this is a manufacture issue, I feel that it is still their responsibility to perform this because they have a recall. I understand that the warranty is void with a rebuilt title, but a recall has no effect on the warranty. If the vehicle has 200,000 miles on it, they still have to fix the recall even though the vehicles is no longer under warranty. Now, my wheel is making a horrible noise, and when I jack it up, the wheel will rock back and forth.

- Springfield, KY, USA

Mar 172007

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign id number 07V038000 (suspension:front:wheel bearing ). he immediately took the vehicle to the dealer and had it repaired. One year later, he heard noises coming from the front end of the vehicle. He took the vehicle back to the dealer and they stated that the front hub needed to be replaced at the cost of $467. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure mileage was 57,175 and current mileage was 77,175.

- Plant City, FL, USA

Nov 272006

Ram 1500

I have 3 safety recalls for my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. I have called union Dodge in garden grove, ca, where I purchased the auto, 3 times to schedule appointments to fix the problems. Each time I have been told that a part for one of the repairs is not in stock but that when the parts come in I will receive a call back. I'm still waiting for that call back? of course the letter and call I did get from union Dodge was asking me to rate their service as top notch so they can get the 5 star award from Chrysler!! I'm done dealing with union Dodge but would still like my 3 safety recall items fixed. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

- La Habra, CA, USA