2.7

hardy worth mentioning

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 242013

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Vibration and noise while moving-- ABS light on. I took the vehicle for repair and was told both front wheel hub and bearings were bad. I was then made aware that there was a recall on this years truck's front wheel hub and bearing units. I called Chrysler and was told that this VIN was not part of the recall even though it was manufactured one month from the reported recalled vehicles and manufactured at one of the plants in question in Missouri. Please have the dates checked on the recall before someone gets hurt.

- Glen Mills, PA, USA

Apr 012011

Ram 1500 8-cyl

There is a (tsb 02-001-07 rev. A) that calls out a shudder, braking, shimmer... blah blah blah... on level ground and certain speeds. My issue is not on level ground, my problem exist on decline of 7% when the brake is applied very slightly the front brakes or front suspension shudders, and shakes so violently that the entire truck and the steering wheel is out of control, if you grab to tight on the steering wheel you may over correct your steering and eventually could cause you to overturn your vehicle. There is no excuse for this, I have had my rotors changed, brakes changed, tires balanced, and rotated but the problem still exists. I am telling you that this is a very dangerous situation for anyone to be in. I would love to take the owner of the Dodge co. And his family for a ride. I will almost guarantee that something would get done about this issue. Rotors should last for more than 6 months, but the truck is violently out of control and too dangerous for me to allow my wife or other family members to drive this vehicle until it is fixed or I sell it. Once I sell it I will not purchase another Dodge product again, I am tired of wasting my time and money on this issue. I am tired of the dealerships giving me the run around and oh it's your rotor are quote "warped" un-quote is how it is documented on my paperwork..

- Waynesboro, VA, USA

Dec 122011

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Started hearing a low howling noise in my front end when going around curves in the road, it progressively got louder after a couple weeks to a grinding sound, took it to the dealer where I bought it performance Dodge, woodbury, NJ. They stated that both front wheel bearings were bad. I told the service manager that I heard there was a recall on my year model for that very reason, he stated that he never heard of it, I informed him of the reason for the recall, and his answer was that my truck was 6 years old and those things wear out. I said are you crazy the truck has only 38000 miles on it, his answer was it was a good thing I purchased a extened sevice contract. It cost me $107 deductable.I called Chrysler and was told there was no recall on my truck.this was my first Chrysler product and if this is how they stand behind there product, when they were aware that there was a problem at the factory it will be my last. My truck should have been part of that recall, just like many others that were not.I will be trading it in for a Ford next year. Now I know why the govt. Had to bail Chrysler out so many times.

- Sewell, NJ, USA

Oct 182011

Ram 1500 6-cyl

Front wheel bearings had to be replaced at 36384 miles. The bearings had just been replaced on July 11, 2008 under manufacturers recall G02. At that time it had 13,971 miles. This time it came out of my pocket. It seems that they haven't solved the problem.

- Oakley, IL, USA

Jun 212011

Ram 1500

The driver owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 10 mph, the front passenger side wheel detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an independent repair shop where they were in the process of diagnosing the failure. The failure mileage was 33,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Wendell, NC, USA

May 202011

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated while driving approximately 70 mph the vehicle began to vibrate and he heard a grinding noise. The vehicle was then taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed the front driver's side wheel bearing and hub failed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and the contact was informed the vehicle was not included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 10E040000 (wheels:cap/cover/hub). The failure and current mileages were 58,000. Updated 06/10/11 updated 02/03/2012

- Lanexa, VA, USA

Apr 212011

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 50 mph the contact began to hear a grinding noise. The contact began to pull the vehicle over when the front driver's side wheel detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer where the contact was told that the wheel bearings failed, leading to the wheel detaching. The contact was also told that the vehicle was not included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 10E040000 (wheels:cap/cover/hub). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 102,700.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Nov 202008

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram. While driving less than 30 mph, the vehicle began to vibrate hard and the front driver's side wheel detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The dealer stated that the wheel bearings were more than likely the cause of the failure; however, they could not assist because the vehicle was 2,000 miles out of warranty. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure and current mileages were 36,944. Updated 04-14-09 updated 04/16/09.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 162009

Ram 1500

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram that has a recall on the front wheels due to improper grease on the bearings. www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm when contacting Dodge about this problem, they said that they would not perform the recall because my truck has a rebuilt title on it. Because this is a manufacture issue, I feel that it is still their responsibility to perform this because they have a recall. I understand that the warranty is void with a rebuilt title, but a recall has no effect on the warranty. If the vehicle has 200,000 miles on it, they still have to fix the recall even though the vehicles is no longer under warranty. Now, my wheel is making a horrible noise, and when I jack it up, the wheel will rock back and forth.

- Springfield, KY, USA

Mar 172007

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign id number 07V038000 (suspension:front:wheel bearing ). he immediately took the vehicle to the dealer and had it repaired. One year later, he heard noises coming from the front end of the vehicle. He took the vehicle back to the dealer and they stated that the front hub needed to be replaced at the cost of $467. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure mileage was 57,175 and current mileage was 77,175.

- Plant City, FL, USA

Nov 272006

Ram 1500

I have 3 safety recalls for my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. I have called union Dodge in garden grove, ca, where I purchased the auto, 3 times to schedule appointments to fix the problems. Each time I have been told that a part for one of the repairs is not in stock but that when the parts come in I will receive a call back. I'm still waiting for that call back? of course the letter and call I did get from union Dodge was asking me to rate their service as top notch so they can get the 5 star award from Chrysler!! I'm done dealing with union Dodge but would still like my 3 safety recall items fixed. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

- La Habra, CA, USA