2.1

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500:

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Nov 152016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving 20 mph, the vehicle stalled and was unable to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the fuel pump, ignition, and ignition reader failed. The vehicle was repaired; however, the vehicle failed to start after the repairs were performed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 116,000.

- Agawan, MA, USA

May 062016

Ram 1500

For the past week my engine was difficult to start. Cranked for about 20 second before starting. Today the engine cranked but failed to start. After opening the hood and checking the battery I noticed a burning smell coming from the fuse box, tipm, which is located adjacent to the battery. I opened the cover to the tipm and noticed white powder, acid. The negative lead which is also connected to the outside of the tipm had white powder residue on the connector. I tried once again to start the vehicle but only cranked. Then some smoke was observed coming from the tipm. I immediately stopped and made sure nothing was still burning. I read on line that tipm failure is common with my vehicle and other Chrysler products but a recall was not issued. This could have turned into a safety issue if my vehicle began to catch fire. I have to spend $100 in towing cost and ~$800 to repair.

- Irvington, NY, USA

Oct 272015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving and making a left turn, the directional signal failed to illuminate and the rear driver side brake light failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the totally integrated power module failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 104,937...updated 02/01/16

- Ft Payne, AL, USA

Aug 262015

Ram 1500

While driving at various speeds and also sitting at an idle, the truck tries to engage 4WD low. Dealership has replaced the front actuator, flashed the tipm on 8/28/15. Didn't leave the dealers lot and the truck was still shifting into 4WD on its own. Back to the garage it went. I would have thought the truck would have a built in safety so that it can not shift into 4WD low at high speeds... been told it could be the ac pressure switch, tipm, transfer case actuator motor. Awaiting transfer case motor to be replaced at the moment. Still waiting for dealer to say that it is fixed. The truck is presenting unsafe driving conditions and the dealership can't find whats wrong with it. The problem still happens as of 9/20/15. Dealer has had my truck since 8/26/15 and still has it as of 9/20/15.

- Goshen, OH, USA

Sep 012014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle suddenly shut off. After restarting the engine, the vehicle operated normally. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the ignition switch was faulty. The ignition switch was replaced and the failure was remedied. The contact also indicated that while driving at highway speeds, the vehicle would drift from side to side and was very unstable. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and repaired. No further information was available. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 135,000.

- Sayville, NY, USA

Aug 252015

Ram 1500

While driving back home from work the car lost all power, tried turning starter multiple times and nothing starts but lights on dash board turn on. I have jump start and nothing. Disconnected batteries for 5 mins and nothing. No smoke. No leaks. No burn or fumes smell. No cracking noise when turning key over. Check gauges light, E brake light. And ABS light turn on and remain on when cracking.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Jun 182015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while starting the engine, the vehicle failed to turn on. The dealer advised the contact that the VIN was not associated to NHTSA campaign number: 14V795000 (electrical system) however, the exact recall remedy needed to be preformed on the vehicle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the delay. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 80,000. The VIN was not available.

- Naperville , IL, USA

Sep 022014

Ram 1500

While driving during normal road conditions, at approximately 60 mph, the vehicle will begin to shake and vibrate excessively. This usually occurs when a bump in the road is hit or when taking a curve in the road at the mentioned speed. Shaking and vibrating only decreases when vehicle speed is reduced below 50 mph. Have replaced shocks and in the process of replacing tie rod ends to see if this alleviates the issue. Have also experienced issues with the vehicle shutting off during normal operation, the will sputter and stall out when coming to a stop, this issue has occurred four times in the past

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Jun 072015

Ram 1500

The engine completely shuts down. Also very hard to start. Difficult to turn off engine.

- Spring, TX, USA

Dec 032014

Ram 1500

When I turn on my left turn signal, either it wont turn on at all, or the right side turn signal turns on. Also my hazard lights does not work, when I turn on my hazards only the left arrow turns on. Not the right. This is a hazard since if I happen to be on the side of the road at night I need my hazards for other cars to see my vehicle and not hit me. Or when turning I need people to know which way I am going.

- Pasadena , TX, USA

Apr 022014

Ram 1500

Truck began stalling with engine shutting off at random: While driving, at stop lights, etc. Truck would not restart for various lengths of time. Diagnosed as a bad fuel pump. Fuel pump replaced with no improvement in behavior. Diagnosed as intermittent random no electrical power to fuel pump module caused by malfunctioning tipm. Replacement is $900-$1100. Told this is a common occurrence with Chrysler/Dodge tipms, with no guarantee of non-recurrence. Total loss of engine power due to a shut down of the fuel pump module while driving did not result in an accident, but the potential for an accident was huge. Dodge dealer does not acknowledge a problem with tipms, but their mechanic has communicated that there are so many issues with tipms, that they have the part on back-order. Please look into the tipm problem and Dodge's complete control over the replacement/programming of these modules, holding owners hostage.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Mar 112015

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Turned on the left turn signal and the right turn started to flash, I then turned off the turn signal and tried it one more time. The same thing happened, then it completely quit working in the middle of rush hour traffic in nashville tn.

- Nortonville, KY, USA

Jan 052015

Ram 1500

Swinging keys in ignition shut truck off at 60mph, trouble steering and almost put it in reverse at speed while shifting to neutral to start engine- swerved and caused high speed skid.

Jun 192009

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

While driving at various speeds, the truck tries to engage 4WD lo. At low speeds it has engaged to 4WD lo. At higher speeds it has engaged 4WD lock and has shifted to neutral. Dealerships have replaced the actuator, said it was the tipm, and said it was an ac relay pressure switch. The problem still happens as of 12/24/14. Has been to 5 diff. Dodge dealerships. This is an intermittent problem and may not happen for 6 months. 4WD lo light flashes and serv 4WD light comes on. Different service codes come up when dealerships look at it. I have been the only owner of this truck.

- Davison, MI, USA

Apr 232014

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

As I was rounding a curve and approaching train tracks, truck lost power.the engine shut off and I had no power steering. I was able to turn the wheel enough to stay on the road and coast over the train tracks.since then my headlights sometimes flicker on and off at night while driving.took truck to dealer and was informed it was the tipm and would cost over $900.I don't have the money so I am forced to drive it as is.

- Torrington, CT, USA

Ram 1500

Ignition switch shut off when keys were swinging shutting down all safety systems, braking and steering and locking steering, almost crashed.

Jun 162014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated while driving at approximately 70mph, all of the warning lights on the instrument panel illuminated. The contact mentioned that the vehicle made a beeping noise and then the clusters shut off while the vehicle was still running. The vehicle was not taking to the dealer. The manufacturer had not been notified of problem. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Roscommon, MI, USA

May 022014

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Arrived at work and parked vehicle a little after 6:00am. Went on my bus run and at about 7:45am I received a call to return to the transportation center. When I arrived the fire department was there along with the sheriffs, that's when I saw my truck. At this point the fire was out and my trucks engine department was totally gone. The only thing that was left was the block. I informed my insurance company who was very quick and whom I was very pleased with. I also made several calls to Chrysler Corp., talked to several people who always told me they were taking notes and would call me back the next day or so and never heard from them. Today I talked to someone in the legal dept. And was told that my truck was out of warranty and they were not liable for anything. I am very glad it was not parked in my garage at the time of the fire or that I was driving it. I am in the market for another truck but have doubts about another Dodge. I was looking for a little reassurance from Chrysler but as you can see I received very little to none.

- Syracuse, NY, USA