2. complete steering linkage replacement (1 reports)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500:

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Nov 122007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

Since day one my 2007 Dodge Ram has had a stability problem when hitting road bumps.

When the OEM front struts leaked all the oil out (in 6 months) it was covered by the dealer on warranty.

Also and on another gripe...they never did at any time ever fix why my original radio. It never worked on the left side (no sound). So for all this time I have never had a radio that worked. A year later another set of struts. After the warranty period expired I just drove the truck with the dangerous road wobble after hitting a bump. I have also had the replace the outer tie rod ends and front stabilizers. So many little things that the factory did wrong that pissed me off.

Another example is the front exhaust pipe kept coming off just before the catalytic converter...especially in cold weather. The pipe was inserted only 1/2" into the front system and there was not enough grip for the exhaust clamp to compress the pipes together. There was not enough play in the exhaust system for me to take up the clearance...even with me using a hydraulic jack to push the system forward. I just finally gave up after 5 times to fix this and had the 2 pipes welded together.

At times I have felt I easily could have gone off the road driving this wobble truck. Clearly not a safe vehicle to drive. Now the steering air bag components are faulty (they never did notify us on a recall until the NHTS got involved) and the NHTS has fined Chrysler. Oh and there are no parts available. By the way Chrysler doesn't respond to emails. I am a buy American guy but would never ever again buy a Chrysler product.

- , Delmar, NY, USA

Nov 262013

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 5.7 Hemi. New shocks, upper and lover ball joints along with all arms replaced. Steering intermediate shaft changed. Tie rod ends changed. Traction bar and bushings all done. Tires rebalanced. Alignment redone. At 45 mph I get a death wobble. Work was just done 7 days ago. I can't drive my truck over 45 mph due to this. I had to wait 4 weeks for tie rod ends. The day before the repairs were done I had my track bar mounts break due to the death wobble. Along with a tire rod end that cracked. I had to pay the deductible for work that did absolutely nothing to solve the problem that Dodge knows about.

Step up and FIX this DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Santa Maria, CA - California, USA

Jan 202012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

Vehicle shakes violently at 110 KM . Chrysler wont admit a problem exists but they will not sell you original parts either . They will only sell you an upgrade . In my mind this is proof that there is a problem and I feel they should cover the costs . I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCT .

- , Peace River, Alberta, Canada