2008 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Ram 1500:

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 062015

Ram 1500

Takata recall. I took my vehical to all american Chevy in odessa tx and was told they would not fix the problems with my truck was told it would be best just to get out of the truck and into something else. They wanted me to be upside down on anote vehical. I can not afford a larger payment or a large down payment. I have paid on my truck for over 3 yrs now. I can't afford to be with out a vehical with 2 small children and this truck is not safe with the recall for my kids. And now I have anot her recall that's 3 total as of now. Please god help me!!!!!!

- Pyote, TX, USA

Jun 032016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving 40 mph, the windshield wipers seized without warning. The vehicle was not taken to be diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 09V084000 (visibility). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 103,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 072014

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) and was waiting for months to receive the part from the dealer. While driving various speeds, the driver side tie rod fractured and the vehicle was towed to the dealer. The contact was also experiencing a failure in which the front glass had poor visibility. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 13V529000 (steering), 13V528000 (steering), 11V350000 (steering), and 07E104000 (visibility). The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 96,000. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 2/4/16 updated 03/18/16

- Hampton, VA, USA

Sep 072012

Ram 1500

Vehicle bought new in 2008. In the last couple of years, had to: Replace both brake calipers due to dragging and overheating. Replace lf wheel bearing hub assembly - making noise - found to have worn bearing, wiper motor replaced for recall, never had issue. Now it does not work correctly, improper cycling speeds, won't turn on, or won't turn off at times. Mileage ~ 38,000. This is dangerous, just like the brakes and bearing.

- Fenton, MI, USA

Oct 152012

Ram 1500

When the heater is turned on, air will only come out the air conditioning vent. The defrosters have no hot air coming out. This is an safety hazard since windows cannot be defrosted. I have talked to many other Ram owners that have the same problem. There was a recall (K-17) for some 2009 and 2010 models. This recall should be opened up to all models with this problem.

- Naples, TX, USA

Jan 012012

Ram 1500 6-cyl

I got the recall notices for the windshield wiper motor back in 2011 and had it replaced even though I had no issue with that motor. The new motor module assemblies had complete loss of the windshield wiper capability (a year after I had the motor replaced). I was driving that day in austin, tx with my one year old baby girl. It was pouring down heavy rain when the wipers complete just stopped out of the blue. I had to immediately pull over and wait for the rain to stop because I had no advisable what so ever. ( which could result in a crash! ) I immediately took the 08 Dodge Ram to a Chrysler dealership and told them to replace it for me. They told me that I already had it done. I told them "to replace it again because a year old motor shouldn't of just stopped working." They said, "they could make a appointment at a later date to bring it in so they can look at it for a day or two (( and that I will have to pay for the diagnostic test."))) I said, "there is heavy rain in the weather forecast all week. I have a baby that I have to drop off at daycare every day because I am a full time student, and your going to let me drive this truck know my wipers don't work so Y'all can one day take a look at it for two days and I'll have to pay for it ! no!" they said, "we can't replace your windshield wiper motor because you already had it done."

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Feb 162013

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that water leaked through the rear window and accumulated underneath the rear seat. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician decided to re-seal the third brake light and the rear sliding glass had to be replaced with molding. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that they would contact her at a later date. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 29,440 and the current mileage was 29,465.

- Richmond, VA, USA