2008 Dodge Ram 1500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Ram 1500:

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 7)

Oct 062016

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 01/06/17 updated 01/11/17.

- Ozark, MO, USA

Apr 042016

Ram 1500

It has been 6 months and the dealer still does not have the part to fix the recall air bag inflator.

- Elkmont, AL, USA

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags). However, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hampstead, NC, USA

Ram 1500

Takata recall I am a very safe and cautious driver. I am concerned now that I have received this recall notice two months ago and there is no remedy as of yet. I am worried all the time now while driving that someone is going to cause an accident and I will be involved. This is a very scary thing to have defective and I want it fixed asap! also there are so many vehicles out there with this recall too!! I am not comfortable and do not feel safe anymore in my vehicle. Let us get this fixed!

- Cornville, AZ, USA

May 252016

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V352000 (air bags) and 15V313000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fatmington, NH, USA

May 292016

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V313000 (air bags), 15V313000 (air bags), and 16V352000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ponchatoula, LA, USA

Ram 1500

"takata recall" S43/NHTSA 16V-352.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

May 242016

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V313000 (air bags) and 16V352000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issues. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Maryville, TN, USA

Aug 012016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Odessa, TX, USA

Jul 062015

Ram 1500

Takata recall. I took my vehical to all american Chevy in odessa tx and was told they would not fix the problems with my truck was told it would be best just to get out of the truck and into something else. They wanted me to be upside down on anote vehical. I can not afford a larger payment or a large down payment. I have paid on my truck for over 3 yrs now. I can't afford to be with out a vehical with 2 small children and this truck is not safe with the recall for my kids. And now I have anot her recall that's 3 total as of now. Please god help me!!!!!!

- Pyote, TX, USA

Jan 202016

Ram 1500

Takata recall. I received a recall notice for the takata air bag inflator last year. I called to schedule an appointment in January, 2016 to have it repaired. I was told they didn't have the parts but would call and they have not called. The dealer is mark Dodge in lake charles, la.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Jul 182016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Nov 252015

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags) however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable....updated 09/14/16 updated 09/21/16.

- Mcgrady, NC, USA

Mar 102015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V313000 (air bags) and 16V352000 (air bags). The part was not available for the repair. The manufacturer was unable to provide a time frame that the parts would be supplied to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Angelo, TX, USA

Jul 042016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mount Julient, TN, USA

Jun 222016

Ram 1500

I took in my truck to get the new air bag installed and the dealer where I took it has destroyed my wheel cover were the air bag goes as well as did not install the air bag right because when I took the truck in my steering wheel cover was not damaged the way it is now and to see the safety of the whole situation they had me drive this truck looking the way it is with no concerns about my safety as well as others around me if this bag would have deployed for no reason now the person who check me in or my truck did not state on the paper that my cover was damaged the way the dealership is stating not until they were done installing the airbag is when they said my cover was all tore up now I have images of my truck steering wheel and it don't look like it's all tore up. Now when I called the fca about this they had us on a confess call and the manager had said there was no air bag now he is stating there was newspaper and cardboard paper stuffed in the steering wheel he does not want to take responsibility for the damage he did to my truck now they left my air awful when U look at it U tell me is this my fault because that's what they are stating the first image I sent is what my steering wheel look like before I took it to the shop the rest is what they gave it back to me like

- American Canyon, CA, USA

Jun 222016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact took the vehicle in for an air bag recall repair; however, the recall repair was incomplete and components were visible. The contact was afraid to drive the vehicle because the air bag became more visible each day. The dealer informed her that the recall repair was completed. The contact notified the manufacturer. No further repairs were performed. The failure mileage was 132,577.

- American Canyon, CA, USA

Nov 152015

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the parts were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Sikeston, MO, USA

Jun 132015

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect......updated 08/11/16 updated 08/17/16.

- Winder, GA, USA

May 262015

Ram 1500 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 08/02/16

- Mcdonough, GA, USA