2009 Dodge Ram 1500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500:

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 022014

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, the brakes failed. The brake pedal was applied and traveled to the floorboard causing the contact to crash into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed of the incident. The front passenger needed stitches to the forehead which required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic but was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 11,506. Updated 9/18/14 the consumer stated she hit her head on the windshield causing it to crack. The failure caused a four car pile up. The consumer received a concussion and spleen damage. The consumer had home physical therapy. Updated 2/11/2015

- Gloucester Point , VA, USA

Nov 202013

Ram 1500

The tipm is going out. Causing all sorts of electrical issues. Heater fan stopped working, windshield wipers come and go, esp comes and goes, tow/haul comes and goes, rear window power comes and goes, 4X4 cant be turned on from time to time, airbag lights come on at will, esp/bas comes and goes, ABS comes and goes, rear sliding window comes and goes, all of this happens mainly below 32 degrees but van happen anytime. But below freezing is extemely dangerous because the windshield ices up on the inside with no heater fan! thermometer stopped working to. Im sure other thing but its to much to just remember off the top of my head. Fuel economy is terrible also 12-13.5 mpg while the problems occur. Normally is 17.1 mpg average still that is terrible. At test drive it was getting 20 mpg average.

- Bellevue, OH, USA

May 012013

Ram 1500 8-cyl

For the past week, my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 has had issues with the windshield wipers not working, the lights for the stability control are on as well as the lights for the air bag. In addition, the rear windows do not work. All of these could be extremely hazardous depending on the driving conditions. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer who told me it would cost roughly $1800 to repair/replace the tipm. I find this extremely disturbing considering I have had this vehicle in numerous times for other issues and they have messed with the wiring on a number of different occasions. I believe the NHTSA should immediately issue a recall for this vehicle and issue before someone gets hurt or injured or worse because of it.

- Huffman, TX, USA

May 062011

Ram 1500 6-cyl Diesel

Air bag did not deploy/seat belt did not lock. I was the only person in my vehicle. I accidentally rear ended a car who had abruptly stopped in traffic in front of me. Severe heavy damage was done to the front driver side and passenger side of my vehicle. My Dodge was declared a total loss. I suffered severe pain/injury to my head and neck. All persons involved in my and the other vehicle had to seek medical attention. My 2009 Dodge Ram was purchased new off the Dodge lot in 2009...updated 10/20/11

- Hephzibag, GA, USA

May 062011

Ram 1500

1 person injured(driver) in Dodge Ram. However 2 other vehicles involved and not sure about their injuries. I accidently rear ended vehicle ahead of me which caused that vehicle to rear-end vehicle ahead of it. My vehicle(Dodge Ram) was totaled. Frontal impact of Dodge was very severe and caused me(driver) head and cervical trauma, resulting in emergency room visit and rehab therapies. All airbags in Dodge Ram failed to deploy and driver seatbelt failed to retract/respond resulting in my head/neck/spinal injury. I have written Dodge-Chrysler, they say they sent someone to inspect truck and say they are not responsible for the airbag and seatbelt not working. Dodge/Chrysler also write the airbag/seatbelt was not suppose to work due to the speed limit (40mph) driven and due to more of a side impact than frontal. However, the impact was both frontal and front side. (I have pictures)

- Hephzibah, GA, USA