2009 Dodge Ram 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500:

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 182011

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Had a tire to blowout on me and my wife on I-30 in littlerock ar. And one more tire with a knot on it. Had to buy 4 new tires. The tires on my truck was Goodyear Wrangler hp P-275-60R-20 my truck is a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 laramie 4X4 not happy with Goodyear.

- Jacksonville, AR, USA

Apr 092012

Ram 1500

The tire pressure monitor system (TPMS) on my wheel has corroded to the point of breaking. This could cause severe bodily harm, up to including death to a person(s)in my vehicle on a rapid air loss of my tire(s). These vehicles valve stems are not suitable for northern territory where salt is used for winter months. Also check faulty hubcaps that trap water in and around valve stem.

- Verona, PA, USA

Mar 192012

Ram 1500 6-cyl

Aluminum valve stem/TPMS sensors on both front wheels corroded and failed at the same time causing two flat front tires and loss of steering. Proceeded to repair shop to have all (4) valve stems and (2) front tires replaced. Repair personnel informed us that this is an epidemic. According to them, in 2010, manufacturers became aware of this problem and began using rubber valve stem/TPMS sensors.

- New Carlisle, OH, USA

Apr 082009

Ram 1500

I had the tires rotated at 7000 + miles, when I got the truck back, I noticed a slight vibration. As time went by the vibration got worse. I took the truck back to the dealer, in ft. Pierce six weeks later but because I drive a 1,000 miles per week, it hat 13,000 + miles and they said it was out of warranty. I took the truck to a private shop and they found the rear brake rotors warped so they turned the rotors and balance the tires. It was better but still had a vibration at interstate speeds. I took the truck to the Dodge dealer in vero beach and they spun the tires on the rims and rebalanced the tires. It got a little better but it still has a vibration that is hard to live with.

- Fort Pierce, FL, USA