2010 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Ram 1500:

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 102014

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The defrost on my 2010 Ram 1500 P/U is covered under recall K-17 that reprograms the HVAC software and tests that all the actuators which direct heat and airflow are working. I contacted Dodge recall and confirmed the recall # and applicability to my truck. I was told by the recall specialist that the truck had the completed recall but that it could be completed twice under the recall. I am the second owner of the truck. I was told I had to take the truck to the deal where the recall was accomplished. Chrysler could not tell me which dealer di the recall, I contacted several dealerships trying to get the HVAC actuator for the defrost scheduled for repair. I cited that w/O defrost driving is dangerous and as fall is coming I would like to schedule an appointment. I received estimates between 1 /12 hrs labor to 7 hrs. I am concerned that Chrysler recall specialist provide false information and cannot get a dealership to complete recall repairs. I also have a rear pinion nut recall and received the same feedback to call a dealership and schedule an appointment and I am pushed out 2-3 weeks without a commitment the repair will be no charge. This complaint is to highlight the poor customer service and recall resolution car customers endure, and the decisions to park the vehicle or repair it, and fight for reimbursement. The auto companies are not required or do not resolve recalls to the satisfaction of the customer the vehicle owner. Please help me understand what my rights are and what I can demand from Chrysler or its dealerships.

- Davidsonville, MD, USA