4.9

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Ram 1500:

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 152014

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Gas was spraying out after fill up and had to get gas tank replaced because of a bad check value on the tank. This has been a known problem for several Dodge vehicles.

- Sherman, TX, USA

May 252013

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Driving up a steep mountain highway when truck lurched violently twice and came to a complete stop in the middle of a switchback corner with a horrible dragging sound and smoke everywhere. The truck would not go forward or backward. Oil and driveline parts were all over the highway. Dented the gas tank (possibly put a hole in the gas tank), we were told the gas tank was damaged and needed replaced. The rear-end pinion nut came loose and locked up the rear end causing the driveline to fall out onto the highway, tore a hole in the transfer case and damaged the gas tank. We were simply lucky there were other motorists on same highway that could stop and help us avoid a major collision on the steep, blind corner/on the mountain highway. Dodge is giving us the "run around" on getting this fixed. They finally repaired the truck, putting the same, but new faulty part that is in the middle of a recall process, into our truck and wanting us to be happy with it. We are not. We do not feel safe driving the truck with the same faulty part in the pickup. Dodge has no "fix" for us. They want us to drive our pickup with the recalled part until they come up with a fixed part. We are not willing to do this. What are our options?

- Thermopolis, WY, USA

Oct 202011

Ram 1500

While driving home 10/20 ~8pm, I was slowing down in freeway traffic ~45mph. I took my foot off the brake and was just about to press down on the accelerator pedal, my truck surged forward for about.25 of a second (split second). This has happened in the past ~8 times. I notified the dealer at 26,000 mile service and they said it was the engines switching between the eco mode and normal mode. (5.7 hemi). Please advise. (I purchased this vehicle new from folsom Dodge, ca.)

- Discovery Bay, CA, USA

Jun 012011

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that the fuel tank did not fit properly on the bracket that was designed to hold it in place. The contact also mentioned that this was a safety issue, since it could cause the fuel tank to drop and cause a fire in the event of a crash. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who stated that the vehicle was safe and that they were unable to alter the vehicle's design. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 28,000.

- Athens, TN, USA

Oct 072010

Ram 1500

I also had the fuel filler neck pop out when refueling. It still pops out a bit but I just push it back in and close the fuel filler door.

- New Caney, TX, USA

Apr 292010

Ram 1500

TL-the contact owns a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that when he filled the fuel tank, the filler neck popped out the vehicle. He would just push it back in and hold the nozzle to continue filling the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealership but the dealer stated that there was no problem. The manufacturer had not been notified. The vehicle had not been repaired at the time of the complaint. The VIN was unavailable when the complaint was filed. The current mileage was 11,080. The failure mileage was approximately 50-bk

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Mar 092010

Ram 1500

Gas pumps do not shut off and tank overfills spilling gas on truck and cement.

- Albert Lea, MN, USA