4.8

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Ram 1500:

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Nov 042013

Ram 1500 8-cyl

My tires on my truck are wearing extremely unevenly even with constant tire rotations. Good year tells me it is an issue with Dodge, Dodge tells me it is within Goodyear. The tires only have 31,258 miles on them and have been showing excessive wear. I only drive the truck to & from work, do not take it off roading which would wear the tires even more. I was instructed by Goodyear not to take the truck for long drives in the rain or up to the snow when it starts to snow here. After Dodge looked at them they referred me to Goodyear saying the only thing they can think of is the truck has alot of its power on the right side, another excuse. I have researched and found that right around the 30,000 mile mark is when alot of other Dodge Ram owners are experiencing this kind of problem with the tires. This is a huge safety concern for my family as well as other families on the road. If something were to happen who would be at fault ? oh yes the driver, not Goodyear or Dodge even though this issue has been brought up to them. So the enjoyment of taking my family to play in the snow is compromised because when the tires were inspected by Goodyear they feel it is an issue. I asked how many more miles might I have left on the tires and was informed maybe 3,000. Now I have looked online on goodyears website and the lowest mileage for the tires that I have is 50,000 miles for a warranty. So I am losing out on about 20,000 miles worth of tire tread. This is in regards to all 4 of the tires wearing unevenly "cupping."

- West Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 032011

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Ram with Goodyear Wrangler H/P tires, line size 275/60R20. The contact was driving 5 mph when the tire pressure warning light illuminated and the front driver side tire blew. The contact stated that the first blow out was in the tread. The contact replaced the tire with the spare and noticed that the blow out originated at the side wall. One week later while driving 5 mph, the rear driver side tire blew. The contact changed that tire with a spare as well. The contact did not call the manufacturer. The contact believed that the tires were defective. The failure mileage was 13,000.

- Shoreline, WA, USA