2011 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Ram 1500:

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 212014

Ram 1500

Driving down the interstate.. it started to rain big down pour I put the wipers on and went right to high speed and they just stopped.. I had to pull to the side of the interstate and it was a fuse that was blown got a new fuse and the next time that it started to rain it was on regular speed when the rain started going harder turned it up to high again and it blew the fuse again.. I had to take my truck in for a different recall so I explained to the what was going on with my wipers and they told me that it was an issue with the motor of the wipers and that it would cost me 515.00.. I said wait a min why would this cost me seems to me this is a safety and internal issue of my vehicle and maybe other vehicles need to be looked at.. this could have been a deadly situation for all involved.. but they don't seem to concerned about the situation and its either I pay the $515 to get it fixed or it doesn't get fixed.and also it did not come up on my messages that anything was wrong with my wiper motor which is part of the electronics system of my truck.

- Lascassas, TN, USA

Jan 132013

Ram 1500

Wiper blades freeze solid as soon as they get snow or water on them in cold weather. They instantly become useless and unsafe. There is a design flaw with these wipers as there is no way to stop them from doing this. They are so frozen they don't even touch the windshield. It makes it impossible to operate this vehicle safely in cold, wet weather.

- Orland Park, IL, USA