8.0

2. (1 reports)
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Ram 1500:

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 012011

Ram 1500 Sport Hemi V8

First indication of problem was the windows going up and down and headlights and wipers coming on by themselves with truck in park and no keys in or near. Next, check engine light came on. This was while on vacation. Took truck to dealer and they said the computer and all 4 oxygen sensors had gone bad. Well next was water on the back seat (leather) and at least an inch of water in cubbies in floor. Soaked seats and carpets and personal belongings in storage under seat was ruined. Anyway many trips to dealer who kept trying to fix the problem, which we found out was leaking third brake light. The hole is too big and water comes through no matter what they do to change it out. Now we are on our 6th time to take the truck in and it has spent several MONTHS in and out of the shop for multiple electrical repairs and window and brake light exchanges, 16 different ones the dealer had to order and still leaks.

- , OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, USA

Jan 132013

Ram 1500

I am very dissatisfied since it is a new truck and i don,t drive it very often basically is a weekend truck

I will go to dealer tomorrow for the issue. So i will have to see what they telling me. I need this problem fix

- , Brampton, Ontario, canada

Sep 062011

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

I took my truck in for the second time on 22 September 2011, with the same problem. First time was on 6 September, and got truck back on 12 September; was told a leak could not be found. Dodge dealer here farmed out the problem to a sub-contractor again, whom I spoke with yesterday (26 September); still could not find/correct the problem. Subcontractor did indicate that water was found above headliner each time. Truck has a sunroof, but that is not the problem according to the subcontractor. I will update this when I know more.

- , Harvest, AL, USA