2.6

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Ram 1500:

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 022015

Ram 1500

While driving at freeway speeds my truck completly shut off, I lost power to everything, including power steering. I had previous had my truck into the dealership for problems with my fuel pump staying on and learned it was a problem with the tipm (totally integrated power module) which Chrysler is aware of and has recalls for some vehicles in certin states. The symtoms my truck is having is the same listed in many of the complaints, ie. Vehicles randomly shutting off, fuel pump staying on and draining the batteries, air bags randomly deploying. After researching multiple fourms and website I found its a very common problem among Chrysler vehicles. This needs to be addressed before someone gets hurt or killed due to faulty parts and equipment.

- Stansbury Park, UT, USA

Apr 212015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. While reversing, the power steering wheel seized. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 211,000.

- Los Lunas, NM, USA

Jan 292015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving at 30 mph, the steering wheel seized and the battery warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Rohnert Park, CO, USA

Jun 252014

Ram 1500 8-cyl

My turn signal switch does not work anymore when turning left. I turn it down to select the left turn signal and does not work at all anymore.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Mar 032014

Ram 1500

2011 Dodge Ram. Consumer writes in regards to left tie rod recall notice problems. The dealer informed the consumer he should expect to wait twenty weeks for the part to arrive.

- Penn Valley, CA, USA

Aug 202013

Ram 1500 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Ram 3500. The contact stated that while attempting to exit a parking space, the tie rod fractured without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who verified the failure and stated that the tie rod needed to be replaced. Also, the technician advised to perform a full alignment. The manufacturer was not aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 49,000 and the current mileage was 52,644. Updated 12/04/13 updated 12/6/2013

- Vienna, IL, USA

Jun 012011

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that when driving approximately 50 mph or less, the vehicle would sway from left to right. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer and they advised him that they were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 10. The VIN was unavailable.

- Miller Place, NY, USA

Jun 052011

Ram 1500

While driving down the highway pulling our gooseneck trailer I hit a bump on the highway. Once I hit the bump the truck began to shake uncontrollably and the steering wheel was ripped from my hands. I could not hold on to the steering wheel. Depressing the brake pedal only made the truck jerk to one side very quickly. All I could do was down shift the transmission and use the trailer brakes lightly to slow down. I had no steering control at all. While slowing down I ran 3 cars off the road on to the shoulder due to not being able to steer the truck at all. I could have easily killed myself and anyone else on the highway at that time. The truck is currently at stanley-lynd autoplex in cameron Texas undergoing "repairs". the service manager, mechanic and the dealership owner all stated and agreed that there is no known cause and no known repair to keep this from happening again. This is a very serious life and safety hazard. The truck continued to do this "death wobble" as it was named at the dealership at anytime the truck encountered a bump, expansion joint or un even pavement.

- Rosenberg, TX, USA

May 272011

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that after receiving notification of NHTSA campaign I.D. number: 10V616000 (steering:hydraulic power assist:power steering fluid), the contact called the dealer to set up a appointment. The dealer stated that the part needed for repairs was on backorder and they would only receive one part each month. The contact stated that the recall repair time was unreasonable. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Osteen, FL, USA