2011 Dodge Ram 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Ram 1500:

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

May 142014

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have had 2 blow outs (instantaneous tire deflations) in the last 30 days. According to the dealer and confirmed on the internet, this is a well known defect on this vehicle caused by defective tire pressure sensors/valve stems (TPMS) corroding causing a catastrophic failure where the valve stem is lost and the tire deflates. Both occurrences were when I was traveling at high speed on a freeway. Luckily there was little traffic and I was able to gain control and pull onto the road shoulder. On inspection of the tire the valve stem was missing with a hole into the tire. Unfortunately despite the dealer being aware of the problem it is not covered by warranty and costs $140 to repair. As above, this is the 2nd exact failure on the same vehicle. It appears I am expected to pay over $500 to get them all changed. In the meantime I am not allowing my wife or family to travel in what I now consider a dangerous truck.

- Coraopolis, PA, USA

Nov 102013

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Tires are wearing unevenly, all four of them. We noticed this at 20000 miles!! we noticed noise coming from the truck and when the dealership took the truck for road inspection they said is the tires. And of course, they are not responsible, that I have to go with Goodyear co. And make a claim. We used the truck to drive to and from work only! we do not take the truck off road or even to our neighbor country (Mexico) because of road conditions there.the tires are wearing unevenly and make this terrible noise we have to live with. Who is responsible for this " we take the truck every 3000 miles for oil change to the dealership, they will recommend tire rotation at 6000 miles or so, we do as they recommend, but now, no one is helping out! how come they did not notice this early wear in our tires".

- Pharr, TX, USA

Jul 202012

Ram 1500

I had two almost fatal accidents as the result of the good year Wrangler hp tires I had on my 2001 Dodge truck. Good year had me send on each event the tires that created a blow out, for no reason at all, they even had me complete a full proper damage claim because they were settling on these tires and all the issues people have. My case was automatically denied, they told me that in both cases I ran over something, but admitted that they never looked at the tire, they didn't have time. So, the auto deny everyone, I guess because not enough people have died as the result to their faulty product (tires), I have replaced all my tires with michelins and have incurred an out of packet expense of $2500, for tires and damages. The money is not the issue; but more importantly that good year needs to recall the tires, or is the percent of deaths or injuries within their allowed threshold" who makes them accountable for a bad product that will kill and hurt more people, family and children" I don't know what it takes for someone to stand up and say to the large corps of the world that they need to be accountable and that they need and should recall these tires, not just provide small settlements for damages, but do something that will save lives, ,, please let me know what I need to do to be heard, , people need to know the facts and dangers of these tires.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jun 012012

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Tire blow out side wall low miles less than 7000.

- Buckey, AZ, USA