8.3

1. replace dashboard (50 reports)
  2. recall on dash would help (31 reports)
  4. file class action to mandate dodge to replace safety hazard (6 reports)
  5. install pre formed plastic dash (3 reports)
  6. replace dash with quality material (3 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 2500:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 7)

Feb 012007

Ram 2500 2500 4x4 V8

dash started out a small crack now chucks out of dash. dodge needs to listen and fix the problem . iv always been dodge fan but now don't know!

- , PISGAH, AL, USA

Nov 302007

Ram 2500

This is my second Dodge Ram. The dash is steadily cracking and pieces are steadily falling out. This is such a safety hazard! The pieces could really hurt someone. Dodge needs to replace this dash! I own another Dodge and it is doing the same thing.....

- , Calhoun, LA, USA

Apr 052010

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

The dash board is cracked in 6 places. Pieces are starting to fall into Dash. I will have to glue together and install a cover. I can't believe Dodge can standby and say there isn't a problem. If or when somebody has an accident and a shard of dash kills somebody they will pay. THIS IS A SAFETY PROBLEM!!

- , Mountain Green, UT, USA

Jul 312007

Ram 2500 2500 HD 5.9L

just another cracked dash panel from dodge. i received an estimate from a dodge dealer

to replace it. $737.00 i would like to get it repaired but not for that price. so I'm leaving

it there for now and when people ask me "how do you like your dodge", i show them.

buy American? maybe but not dodge.

- , Oswego, NY, USA

Mar 012009

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L Diesel

well. have contacted dodge and they don't want to do nothing at all , love my truck but in my opinion this is not right , i am seriously considering going to chevy . i have checked the duramax and seems that's the solution to my problem , realistically i am losing a dashboard and a little bit of dignity driving this broken down dashboard but dodge at the end will lose me and a lot of other consumers . WATCH OUT DODGE .....YOU MAY LOSE YOUR HORNS ON THIS ONE ..thank you

- , Wauchula, FL, USA

May 012010

Ram 2500 2500 5.9L

people don't care anymore thats why Americans are about to go broke, they don't want to do the right thing , Dodge knows its wrong but they don't want to give up any money to fix the problem.

- , Baldwyn, MS, USA

Oct 182007

Ram 2500 2500 HD Diesel

dodge should stand behind there problem! cracked dash board! can you say class action law suite!

- , St George, UT, USA

Apr 102009

Ram 2500

yeah well my dash is cracking everywhere also!. And had my tranny re-done too right after the warranty ran out,like thats why I waited til 2001 to get my truck I figured they had the darn things right by then. Hell dodge here in coshocton wanted $2,500 to fix it!after they drapped me $1800 telling me it was this and that! Then I just took it to RACCO transmissions and they knew right off the bat what it was! lol (imagine that!).Well the guy told me at RACCO it would cost me $1800 to rebuild it, I told him dodge here wanted $2500 to do it, he just laughed and told me that dodge here brings all their transmissions over to them to re-do!!(imagine that!).Well they fixed it in a day in and half and RACCO saved all the parts that where bad, from there I went straight to the dodge here in coshocton put the parts on the head's desk and ask him if he knew what these parts where from? He didn't know lol.I told him I wanted my money back from all the times u charged me saying it was this and that when it wasn't!.I finally got $800 back and yeah my air cont. don't work either they said they had to pull my dash off to get to the problem there!!lol they wanted to do that for me instead of giving me the money, told them I don't use it anyways lol

- , Coshocton, OH, USA

Dec 022009

Ram 2500 2500 SLT 5.9L

This is dam disgrace, to take so much care of your truck, just notice some cracks and while driving the whole dash crumble in, This is an eyesore. This sh*t should be a recall.

- , Queens, NY, USA

Oct 012009

Ram 2500 2500 Cummings

My truck's dashboard is cracking and pieces are falling out. That is only the beginning of the problem. Since apparently the dashes on all Dodge trucks are failing, it is impossible to find a salvaged replacement dash. I have been told by other Dodge truck owners that factory dashes are on backorder, and have not been redesigned- so $500-$800 gets a customer a replacement dash, but it will only last 3 years. I could go on, but I am certain that you understand what I am telling you. Since I cannot afford to replace my dash with a factory one, I will need to continue driving my truck with the cracked dash until pieces of it fall down behind the dash causing electrical problems and whatever else. This will result in the vehicle being dangerous, if not impossible to drive.

- , Seguin, TX, USA

Nov 142007

Ram 2500

Dodge needs to fix my dash it is crack from front to back and side to side. Previous owner covered it with a carpet dash mat, I removed it only to find the damage as I first heard of this issue. The fuel pump went out which I understand is also common practice around 85,000 miles. THE DASH NEEDS TO BE FIXED

- , Colstrip, MT, USA

Apr 082007

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Turbo

Dashboard started with a small crack then completely disintegrated. Looked kind of like peanut brittle once large chunks began to break apart. I bought a plastic dash cover which was pretty easy to install. Overall, I like the truck, but Dodge should have recalled the dash issue.

- , New Market, MD, USA

Jul 012009

Ram 2500 ES

I bought the truck used..but really nice shape. it is a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel. The dash was cracked already..not shure how long been that way.but a week after be bought it. a big whole fell though the dash. it is cracked everywhere.even trim in front of my steering wheel. This should be made into a recall to have replaced by Dodge.It is a Safety recall. Thanks for Illinois

- , Nebo, Illiois, USA

Jun 022009

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L I6 Diesel

My truck has always been garaged and a sunshade always used. I take such good care of my truck and you would be hard pressed to find one in such good shape as mine. My dash like everyone else has finally cracked. It cracked in 8 places about the same time. It is progressing worse and worse very quickly. I now hate my truck, hate driving it, and hate sitting in it b/c all I see are these cracks growing and growing and my truck falling apart. No wonder Chrysler is bankrupt. I will never buy another Chrysler unless they fix this on their dime.

- , Nevada, TX, USA

Feb 152004

Ram 2500

I presently own 5 Mopar products and you would think that i own enough stocks in chrysler corperation OOP'S I actually meant Government motors, that you would think that they would at least fix one of their stock holders vehicles but not so, I guess my next car will have to be a four letter F word, all I Have to say to chrysler Corp is sink away its your doing and I am done trying to support you!

- , Aloha, OR, USA

Jan 042004

Ram 2500 Sport 2500 Diesel

Like every other Dodge owner my dash has cracked... The first time it cracked I spent $1200 dollars to fix it. Now 2 years after the second dash it is cracking again. This isn't just BS it should be criminal. They know there dashes are substandard and should do a mass recall. Dodge should just go out of business and do the American people a favor. I see a Ford in my future

- , Henderson, NV, USA

Apr 012008

Ram 2500 Cummins

The dashboard is broken in several places. Anytime it is pressed slightly, another piece breaks off. It is ridiculous. This should be a recall item. I have had other dodge trucks. 2001/2002 seem to be the only years the dash is this poorly made. I am looking at having to spend nearly $1,000.00 to repair the dash.

I am very happy with the rest of this truck and with the other truck I previously owned.

- , Beaumont, TX, USA

May 012009

Ram 2500 Deisel

I have A 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 the dash board is cracking. the dodge place says there is a problem with the plastic but they won't do anything about it .That's bull they admit it but won't do nothing. Also had problems with wheel bearings, upper and lower ball joints, fuel pumps, and upper and lower control arms .

- , Miltion, FL, USA

Jan 012004

Ram 2500 5.9L

WAY TO STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT DODGE !!! Back in 2004, with only 37K miles the dashboard started cracking. Well I brought it in for service and the dealer said it would cost around $1,000 to fix and it wasn't covered under recall or warranty.

- , Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jun 012009

Ram 2500

today i called chrysler about the problem with my truck dash being cracked. i told them it was a 2001 with 95,000 miles. i was driving it last month. heard a loud pop and there it was, a crack. now it has cracked so many times i can stick my hand in it. the truck has always been garaged. they called my local dealer and are going to charge me $240 parts and labor to put a new dash in. only problem is there is only 1 available in the US and they do not want to sell it.. this will work good if i can get it because my evaporator core is leaking and there labor will cover replacing that as well. so chrysler is helping if you know what to do and pull a few strings. i work for chevrolet and drive a dodge truck there everyday may help a few things....

- , J, MO, USA