8.3

1. replace dashboard (50 reports)
  2. recall on dash would help (31 reports)
  4. file class action to mandate dodge to replace safety hazard (6 reports)
  5. install pre formed plastic dash (3 reports)
  6. replace dash with quality material (3 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 2500:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 7)

Jun 062005

Ram 2500 Laramie SLT 5.9L Diesel

I've got a 12"x12" hole above my gauge cluster from my dash cracking. The hinges for my glove box have cracked and fallen off on the floor. My passenger side airbag bounce up and down because the plastic surrounding it has completely cracked. My dash looks like the grand canyon and has 50+ cracks running through it.

- , Pflugerville, TX, USA

Jan 012007

Ram 2500 XLT Diesel

I have 2 Dodge Trucks 2001 dodge 2500 diesel and a 1999 1500 Both have cracked dashes .I have been in contact with dodge and spent many hours on the phone with customer service .I was told that i needed to take both trucks to dealer to be looked at and that i would be contacted.that was over a year ago and i have not been contacted .I called back about a week after contacting and was put on hold and then hung-up on.I have looked on line and have seen 2 or 3 news casts on dodge cars and trucks having cracked dashes .The problem is very large and covers many years and many different models .Is there any one who has thought of a class action suit against dodge?

- , Belton, SC, USA

Apr 022008

Ram 2500 SLT iDiesel

took a bus ride to Texas to buy this truck, was in great condition. Got back to Winnipeg, Manitoba after a few days, noticed dash was cracking, looks like the whole dash will be in pieces. Dealer is no help and won't even help. Would like to know what year dashes will fit my truck, and has anyone tried the dash covers and how do they look ?

- , Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Aug 012008

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L, V8

the dash board didn't look to bad, it just had one crack down the middle and i figured it would be fine, but as time has gone on, it has spread and gotten worse now it has spider-webbed across the rest of the dash and looks horrible!

- , Medfield, MA, USA

Mar 242009

Ram 2500 SLT 360

Same as everyone else - dash had about 100 hairline cracks for no reason, and then two days ago it caved in. This has been a well-maintained vehicle. I have two other vehicles- both older than this one and the dashes look like new. It is a shame that Dodge will not fix this problem.

I will just say that this is my first and last Dodge purchase. I'll be going back to Ford.

- , Springfield, MO, USA

Mar 022009

Ram 2500 SLT V10

bad dash dodge should make it right. wont buy another if this isnt made right.

- , Blandinsville, IL, USA

Dec 012007

Ram 2500 Diesel

At first, just had a small crack in one part of the dash and figured it was from being outside in hot/cold weather. Now, it looks like the whole dash is falling apart - everytime I get in it, it seems like there's a new crack.

- , Lexington, KY, USA

Sep 112008

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L V8

I have 2001 dodge ram 2500 quadcab. I take extremely good care of it, but one day i got in the cab and noticed a crack in the dash. I have not repaired it yet, it isn't to the point that I have to do that yet! I will eventually have to do something with it because it keeps spreading and from the sounds of it I am not the only person having this problem! I wish dodge would stand behind their problem and fix it at no cost or very little cost! i owned a 1996 Chevy where i hadn't had this problem yet but they still recalled the dash because of a possible problem, guess I will have to go back to Chevy next time so I can be certain that these kind of problems will be fixed like they should be!

- , St. Petersburg, PA, USA

Jul 062007

Ram 2500 SLT

I bought this truck to pull my camper with and only use it for that and trash runs once a week. I have a total of 3 Dodge's but if Chrysler doesn't do something soon it will be my last. Chrysler needs to got off there behinds and take care of this there are way to many of these trucks with the same problem not to be a factory defect. Take a little of your bail out money and FIX this because if you don't a bail out will not help you if you have no customers at all

- , Sevierville, TN, USA

Apr 232008

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Gas

I have read all the complaints regarding the dashes of other dodge owners......I am ready to lead the charge on filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of dodge owners everywhere. Please email me photos, and a detailed description of your problems. jayw1017@aol.com I am in the same boat, I have always been a Mopar owner.....my first truck was a lifted 85 ram 4x4 longbox then an 84 Ram Charger which i lifted, so on and so forth. point is my dash is also cracked, and after an episode with our 2003 Dakota when the rear end came apart at highway speeds, that could have cost my wife her life, and dodge didn't want to do anything about, because it was 1500 miles over the warranty. I have seen numerous complaints that are similar. I am ready for action and im sick of major corporations stepping over the little guy, and taking their hard earned money, and not having to stand behind thier pieces of sh*t!!! EMAIL ME EMAIL ME EMAIL ME!

- , Laplata, MD, USA

Feb 052008

Ram 2500 2500 5.9L Cummins

It sure is a problem with dodge and really needs to be fixed. Not like the vehicles were cheap to begin with.

- , Claypool, IN, USA

Jun 112008

Ram 2500 Diesel

As many others have noted... the OEM dash in the Dodge truck has significant issues and will severely crack only after a few years. Dodge definitely should be covering replacement of these since there was definitely a major flaw in the manufacturing process. My truck looks great except for these huge cracks running all throughout my dash!!!

- , Johnson City, TN, USA

Sep 052007

Ram 2500 RCI3 5.9L Diesel

I have had very little trouble with this truck. The problem with the dash started about a year ago with a crack. One year later, the entire dash has fallen in from the cracks. I called Wilson Dodge in Brandon, Ms. to get a quote on the replacement. Just from the employees comments, Dodge must be making a killing on people buying these dashes. I was told they would make me a good deal on the replacement, give them a few minutes and they would call back. I am still waiting on the call for the good deal. Dodge will be waiting forever on me to buy another vehicle from them if they do not do the right thing and have a recall.

- , Brandon, MS, USA

Oct 152003

Ram 2500 Quad Cab 5.9L Diesel

Typical Dodge, bought the truck for the motor, Cummins, just happens to be wrapped in a Dodge body-------- dash looks like a back road map, even my navigator system gets lost when I put it on the dash!

Took the complaint to Dodge, after a severe run around, they offered to pay for half about $400.00, told them no thanks.

- , La Porte, TX, USA

Jun 022007

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L V8

it is apparent that dodge is aware of this problem, I wonder who would be responsible if some one was injured as a result of the damaged dashboard.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA

Mar 062007

Ram 2500 2500 Diesel

MY TRIM IS SLT BUT LAST YEAR MY DASH STARTED TO CRACK, LIKE OVER NIGHT THERE WOULD BE A LONG CRACK ACROSS THE DASH. THE LAST FEW MONTHS THE DASH HAS FALLEN COMPLETELY THROUGH . THIS SHOULD BE REPLACED BY THE COMPANY.

- , Newton, AL, USA

Apr 012008

Ram 2500 2500 Diesel

My 2001 dodge 2500 diesel I ordered brand new form factory. Has always been in side its whole life keep very extreme care of this truck. Notice about 6 months ago a few cracks in the dash and now its just about all falling apart. Cant believe dodge will not fix there problem. No way in hell am I going to pay to have them fix it. If I cant get them to do it for free. I guess I will have a custom one made. No use paying 1000 for another piece of crap.

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 052003

Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel

I purchase my truck in 2003, I failed to notice that it had a crack in the dashboard I noticed it the first time I cleaned it which was maybe a month later. The truck had only 20,000 miles on it.I looked on the internet to see what I could do and that is when I found out that is was a manufacturing defect and that doge will not recall these things. Well it is now Sept.2008 and the dash has gotten a lot worse, it now has holes in it and in other places is fixing to fall through. I JUST HOPE THAT IF ENOUGH PEOPLE COMPLAIN, MAYBE DODGE WILL STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND HAVE A RECALL. I dont have 500.00 or more to fork out and if I am to buy another truck you can sure bet it probably wont be a Dodge.

- , Seguin, TX, USA

Jul 042004

Ram 2500 SLT Cummins 5.9L

This dash problem happens to all dodge trucks from 1994 up .I have a shop, I work solely on dodge ram cummins diesel I love this truck,But almost every truck that has come in to the shop has had some sort of a crack or a hole large enough to put your head in it . I replaced mine with a new dash and covered it with a dash mat so far so good .But dodge truck owners need to file a class action law suit to wake up dodge. I have owned mostly Dodge trucks but have had Ford ,And Chevy too none are perfect, But Dodge needs to stand up for this crap and stop giving some lame reason its not covered. there older 1980s and up to 1993 trucks don't have this issue. EVERY DODGE RAM FROM 94 UP SHOULD GET A FREE UP GRADED DASH!!!

- , Yuba City, CA, USA

Jun 302007

Ram 2500 SLT Cummins

I have to say that I have owned many Chrysler products and this one has been a good vehicle. I am, However, very disappointed with the quality of the dash plastic. I agree that Chrysler should recall and repair these trucks, but replacing the dash with the same unit originally installed will eventually lead to the same end, cracked! I am looking into a molded plastic cover from LMC to cover the cracked one.

- , Reno, NV, USA