6.0

1. replace power steering pump (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 2500:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Feb 042015

Ram 2500 Laramie SLT 5.9L Diesel

The power steering pump failed while I was driving on a mountain road pulling a trailer loaded with oak firewood. As a result, I could not steer the truck or stop it with the brake pedal, as the power steering pump is also the power assist for the brakes. I had to use the manual over-ride on the trailer brakes to help stop the truck. It was a good thing I was driving slowly! I will try to replace the pump myself.

- , Cobb, CA, USA