8.3

1. have dodge recall; they should fix the problem (25 reports)
  3. replace dashboard (11 reports)
  4. get a coverlay or similar cheap and covers up everything (2 reports)
  5. start a class action law suit (2 reports)
  6. dash cover (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Ram 2500:

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 012005

Ram 2500

My dash board is in lots of pieces. The cracks have become huge holes. I am really expecting my dash to completely fall off in my lap someday as I am driving. Dodge has stated that there is no recall, that they aren't aware of this being a problem, and they won't cover any repairs or replacement. A couple of years ago, I was helping my daughter look for a truck, and every Dodge Truck we looked at had this same problem, to varying degrees. The web is saturated with complaints of the same issue. Obviously, Dodge is denying a problem, in order to avoid a huge expense. If they didn't have anything to be afraid of, then why won't they admit that they get hundreds of complaints a week? They are obviously told to cover their behinds on this one!

- , Millsap, TX, USA

Jun 012009

Ram 2500 2500 V6 Turbo

Well I'm a big dodge fan. That's the only truck we use around the farm... We had a few other dodges that were 3500 and I think they were the 2000 model and we never had a problem with the dashboard in those trucks. Then we got to the 2002 truck that is a great truck, don't get me wrong, but the dashboard makes it look like sh*t and we don't have all the money in the world to fix it - so if u know of any recalls let me know..................

- , Boonville, MO, USA

Jun 092004

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Cummins

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

it friggin sucks ass i really hate it i mean its a friggin 40000 dollar vehicle and the damn dash is gonna fall off with in a few thousand miles!!!! how friggin f*cked up is that???!!!!!

otherwise i love my truck, but i hate that folks can look in and see the back of the gauge cluster through the front glass!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

- , Liberty, TX, USA

Sep 012005

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Cummins Diesel

Same song, second verse. Contacted Chrysler and was told that they weren't aware of a problem with the dashes in their trucks. I wasn't really expecting to hear anything different. I know several others that have had the same problem. My dash is cracked all to pieces along with the trim around the instrument cluster. I tried to glue it back together and it literally was shattering in my hands. What started out as a few cracks ended up cracking into about 12 pieces. My dash looks like Frankenstein. What makes matters worse is that if you buy replacement parts from Chrysler, they are made out of the same crap! I bought my truck new and for the first time in my life, paid cash for it. I'm 51 years old and I'm pissed. I'll never buy another Dodge or anything else that they sell.

- , Lewisville, TX, USA

Apr 292006

Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Diesel

I bought this vehicle new and it is the only vehicle in my life that I was able to pay cash for. Everything else about the truck is awesome, but it's pathetic when you pay that much for a truck and the dash and instrument panel trim starts cracking all to hell. I was trying to glue it back together and it was breaking into smaller pieces as I tried to hold it together for the glue to set. I have never seen material quality so bad in my life. What makes it worse is that replacing them with Dodge parts costs about $1,200.00.

- , Lewisville, TX, USA

Apr 272008

Ram 2500 2500 5.9L Diesel

went outside yesterday to clean the interior of my truck.started wiping off the dash and noticed about an 8" crack along the drivers side.i've owned the truck since new never abused any recalls

- , Chambersburg, PA, USA

Aug 042007

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Diesel

I bought my 02 Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel in February of 07 and I take very good care of the inside of my vehicles. I had cleaned the inside about 4 or 5 times from February til August and noticed the damn crack in the dash. My Chief at the firehouse had a 1500 and he too took really good care of his truck and told me his dashboard cracked as well. He said it was from us using armorall all the time but obviously it's not just a couple of trucks across the country that's happened to! It really sucks cause no one will do anything about it and it's a very expensive problem to have to do on your own! I love Dodge and the all mighty Cummins but that dash problem is a bunch of bs!

- , Verona, KY, USA

Jan 252008

Ram 2500 LS Diesel

We have a Dodge 3/4 ton pickup that has a hole in the dash the size of a football. What's worse is my husband is a jack of all trades and we can't seem to find a replacement without having to go to the Dodge Dealer and spending a fortune. I just want to fix it and surprise him because his truck looks like new until you look at the dash. I am severely disappointed with how dodge is handling this situation. What's bad is we are total Dodge fans. Every Dodge we have owned we have had good luck with and it's aggravating when something as small as this can make you not want to drive your vehicle. If anyone knows where we can buy a new dash aftermarket then please let us know.

- , Flint, TX, USA

Dec 102007

Ram 2500 SLT 2500 5.9L

I have a 02 2500 cummins with 66,000 miles. About 1,000 miles ago I noticed a

small crack in the dash vent. One week went by and I looked at the crack again

and it had grown 8 inches long. I bought the truck used with only 59,000 miles on it

and it was in very good condition. This is a something that makes me mad every

timw I drive the truck. I would buy a new dash but I am sure it will just happen again.

- , Shelbyville, KY, USA

Jun 052007

Ram 2500 SLT V10

It all started with a minor crack in the center of the dashboard. I thought at first that it might have been caused by the hot Florida sun, but after thinking about it i realized that every day i parked the truck under the trees in the shade and by the time i left work it was dark outside. I leave for work extremely early every morning, so it is still dark outside, therefore, it couldn't possibly be from the sun. Now what started as a small crack has turned into a spider web of cracks that run across the entire dashboard. The whole passenger side just caved in and now i have a huge hole in the dash. Now i have absolutely no choice but to pay $500.00 + to replace the dashboard and I have only owned the truck for a year.

- , Madeira Beach, FL, USA

Sep 082007

Ram 2500 SLT Cummins

I OWN A 2002 DODGE RAM 2500 THAT I BOUGHT NEW. I KEEP THIS TRUCK PERFECT BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUY A NEW ONE ON MY RETIREMENT. THE DASHBOARD STARTED CRACKING ABOUT A MONTH AGO ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. NOW THERE IS A BIG CRACK(10 INCHES) RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. THE AIR VENTS ARE ALSO STARTING TO CRACK. THE COVER ON THE AIRBAG KEEPS FALLING DOWN ALSO. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF FIGHTING WITH CHRYSLER TO GIVE ME A NEW DASH. MY WRAP-A-ROUND WARRANTY WENT OUT 6 MONTHS AGO. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A TRUCK DASH FALL APART LIKE THIS ONE.

- , Royal Oak, MD, USA

Sep 162007

Ram 2500 SLT DIESEL

This is the first Dodge product I have owned and it is not an experience I will repeat. The dealer put a dent in my truck on the second week of ownership from a tool chest. Then I had problems with the engine paint peeling off in the first month. Then the A/C damper failed and that was when I found out the limitations of the "bumper to bumper" extended warranty the dealer talked me into. They still have not fixed the damper after four trips and four weeks at the dealer. Now the dashboard has a huge crack in it. The drivers side visor has been replace three times. This is definitely sub-par quality and I will not go through this again. My next truck will be a toyota.

- , Elgin, TX, USA