2002 Dodge Ram 2500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Ram 2500:

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jul 012003

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Cummings

Started 1 year after I bought the truck new from a dealer. I complained several times under the rust warranty. After the 3rd time they called in the regional service manager to look at it. All I got from them was that this is surface rust and Dodge would not cover it.

After about 5 years I complained again as the rust was getting worse. Now all the leafs and springs and frame with the bolts holding everything together were badly rusted and getting worse. Again they would not cover and still claimed it was surface rust. Now today I look at it and worried about safety. It looks horrific. No holes that I can see yet.

I live in Northern California where we do not use salt and I take a trip up to the mountains in the winter from time to time to ski. No salt there as well. I only have 95k miles. The best part of the truck is the Cummings engine that to date have had zero issues with. I wish I could pull the engine out and put it in a 40 or 50 series Dodge power wagon, when Dodge knew how to build a truck that would last.

Can't wait for the 2016 Toyota Tundra with the Cummings coming out next year. At least they know how to build a truck that will last. By the way, this is my 3rd Dodge truck and after the last two that were sad excuses for a heavy duty truck that would last, is my last. Sorry Dodge, 3 strikes and you're out!

- , Benicia, CA, USA