7.5

2. changed ignition switch (1 reports)
  3. fixed heater doors/ducts (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Nov 012012

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L V8

Bought this truck with close to 270,000 Km. So it's no spring chicken, but the heating has never worked right. Blows cold on the drivers side, only marginally warmer on the passenger side. Took it in to get fixed, they flushed the whole heating system/radiator, and told me it was fixed. Turns out, there's only minimal heat when the engine is revved high, just normal cruising it still blows pretty cold on both sides. From reading other peoples comments it seems like its just a defective heating system, so I'm not spending any more money chasing this dragon. This coupled with the mystery cracking dashboard for no reason makes me think I'll never buy another Dodge product ever.

- , Taber, Alberta, canada

Dec 162009

Ram 2500 5.9diesel

maybe gov will foot bill for me or pay dodge 1200 to fix problem. i guess i will freeze or run truck off the road since my defroster doesn't work. thanks dodge maybe us tax payers can bail you out again.

- , Bellefonte, PA, USA

Oct 082010

Ram 2500

INSANE WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS AND NO RELIEF I FIXED THIS PROBLEM MYSELF AND THE IGNITION SWITCH WAS BURNT STOPPING THE HEATER AND A/C FROM WORKING

- , SST JOHN PLT, ME, USA

Jan 142008

Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel

There is NO HEAT delivered to the cab when engine is warm, the fan is turned on and the thermostat is cranked to maximum. The heater doors collapsed. in ductDodge service technician at Avondale Dodge, in Avondale, Arizona tells me that this is a common occurrence in the RAMS that the fix is new damper system installation at owner's cost and that the replacement system is improved and after the fix (at my cost), "this will never happen again".

DODGE sucks!!! For this to happen on a 4-year old vehicle because of defective design and manufacture is a crime. For Dodge NOT to put in a fix at no cost to the owner is beyond a crime. Dodge fit and trim has never been their strong suite, but this goes beyond the pale. I made a mistake moving from FORD to DODGE. I AM GOING BACK TO FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Avondale, AZ, USA