1. replace dashboard (77 reports)
  3. cover with a dashboard cover (12 reports)
  4. complain, complain, complain at dealer (11 reports)
  5. replace dash (10 reports)
  6. get a dashboard from online for 260 + shipping then diy (5 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 9)

Jan 152011

Ram 2500 HD 5.7L

Dash started cracking Jan 2011 and now is disintegrating. Soon it will be gone completely. Would like to know if Dodge is doing anything about this. Thanks

- , Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Jun 122012

Ram 2500 Hemi

Looks by the comments here that there is a problem with the plastic. I have kept a sun shield over the dash when the truck is parked. I will not be buying a new dodge because of this problem. Good truck otherwise.

- , Bay Head, NJ, USA

Jan 012010

Ram 2500 Charcoal 5.9L Diesel

These dodges have cheap plastic installed. The most expensive replacement being the dash at $1400 for the part. Also broken are the bezels around the door switches on both front doors and the plastic in the overhead domelight which is also an expensive fix.

- , Simi Valley, CA, USA

May 262012

Ram 2500 XLT 5.9L Inline 6

Its really crappy that Dodges are known for this VERY issues...ALL Dodge Dashboards crack and I don't understand why. I have a Ford Expedition of the same year and it doesn't have a crack. I have a 98 Nissan Box cracks...I also have a 94 Ford cracks! Why is my 03 Dodge have a cracked as heck dash board? It rattles as I drive and is annoying because I can't set anything on the dash of fear of it possibly causing more or worsening the cracks! DODGE, you were cheap on the manufacturing and need to make it up to consumers! REPLACE MY CRACKED ASS DASHBOARD DODGE!

Thank you!

- , Odessa, FL, USA

Sep 152011

Ram 2500

It really sucks that a person takes care of their truck and dodge has put a sh*tty material in and will not fix it

- , Rosharon, TX, USA

Jun 152011

Ram 2500

This is probably one of thousands of dashes that have cracked in Dodge trucks. Yet Dodge will not do a d---m thing to help you fix the problem.. I've tried!! First I called the dealer... Not a warranty problem..Next was Chrysler Cust Service.1-800-992-1997. Right. They gave me the # for Ram Dept. Cust Service.1-866-726-4636. Bulls---! Got "Jamie" twice and "not a warranty problem.. Nothing they will do.. Told them this will be my last Chrysler product I will buy.. "That's your choice".. Damn right it is and that's why I'm done with any Chrysler product.. They don't care and neither do I..!!! This little problem just cost them a few thousand dollars in the sale of a new truck.. I bought a dash cover that went on OK and am selling the truck.. CHEAP!!

- , Lantana, FL, USA

Apr 232010

Ram 2500 HD 5.9L

There is no excuse whatsoever in a dash cracking. This truck is kept under a carport,out of the sun and the dash was always protected with Armour All. Started out with just a small crack down the front cap on passenger side; now it up to the windshield and one of the air vent registers have fallen out because there's nothing there to freakn hold it in place. And Dodge wants to bury their heads in the sand. Pay this sort of money and get a piece of crap and they won't even acknowledge there is a problem. Will never buy a Dodge again. Filed complaint with Dodge and they refuse to help. Talked to the dealer which then in turn talked to Dodge and the dealer said that THEY, not me, THEY would aggree to the deductible of $200 and I could cover the $1200. HELLO! I'm the freakn customer here, not the dealership. Just makes me sick.

- , Jefferson, TX, USA

Feb 052012

Ram 2500 Larime 5.7L

the dash in my truck has 5 cracks that go from one side to the other i have 3 small children and one of them has already cut her finger on the crack. is this going to be a recall or not

- , Norwalk, CT, USA

Jan 062010

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.7L V8 Hemi

It's incomprehensible how Chrysler, knowing that defective plastic was used in the manufacture of its dashboards, refuses to recall vehicles to replace the affected parts. I paid good money for what is supposed to be a high quality vehicle and to have my dashboard suddenly begin to crack, even with the great care and protection that I've provided my truck, is completely unacceptable. Chrysler and their Dodge division should be held accountable and pressured to address this matter and provide restitution to affected customers.

- , Lompoc, CA, USA

Dec 102010

Ram 2500 SLT Quad Cab 5.7L Magnum

The dashboard is cracked in multiple areas. The over-all condition of the truck is excellent. Truck is cleaned weekly and detailed once every 6 months. This is an embarrassment for me any time someone gets in to the truck. It should be an embarrassment to Dodge. Since this seems to be a production problem, they should replace the dash.

- , Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Apr 262009

Ram 2500 Heavy Duty 5.9L

i am really embarrassed to let any one ride in my truck. the dash is just about to fall through. i can not clean it because im scared it is going to crack some more. i am really tired of looking at a cracked and busted up dash!!!!!

- , chesnee, sc, USA

Aug 012011

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

Dashboard started with series of cracks running from the the windshield to the cab. IT has now spread to ten cracks all of which are getting worse.

None of these cracks appeared until the truck was just out of warranty. Called Dodge and was given the same run around I have seen others on this board getting.

I will not be buying another Dodge as a result of them not fixing what is obviously a serious design issue. Oh and thanks Dodge for ruining my trade-in and re-sale value as the cracks cause the truck to be listed in poor condition.

It is upsetting to spend nearly $50,000 and get treated so poorly by the company I gave my money to. Well not again Dodge, not again. You have lost a customer.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 122011

Ram 2500 V8 Hemi

my husband loves his truck until now. about two weeks ago a hair line crack started just to the left of the glove box he was sick with in two weeks it's gone down to the glove box and from what i read he's only going to get sicker we also had a problem with the check engine keeps coming on took it to the dealer 4 times and surprised they never see it but don't mind taking your 150.00 every time between the dash and the light dodge might not be in the future truck for us i would think you would hire better people to work in your garages. this is your company, this is your name out there and all these problems just get kicked to the curb. times are hard out there i would think you would want to make people happy instead of just kicking them to the curb.

- , Hannibal, NY, USA

Aug 152011

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Diesel

This is a terrible problem. My dash has several cracks in it and it looks like sh*t. I think that if Dodge has had so many complaints they should replace the dash.

- , Montgomery City, MO, USA

Feb 102009

Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins

This problem has gone completely ignored by dodge, first it was one crack then another and another and so on. This is nothing but a classic example of a manufacturer making and selling pure junk to american consumers.I didnt buy the dodge for the name but for the cummins powertrain and as for the dodge company, I will never buy another one seeing how they DONT stand behind their products.

- , Dayton, TN, USA

Mar 012011

Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel

My dash cracked after I owned the vehicle for several years. I bought it used from a relative who could no longer drive. It has been an awesome vehicle except for the dash cracking worse than any I have ever seen. I had to have the front end completely rebuilt, supposedly due to the heavy diesel engine. I can accept the front end, but the dash is definitely a material defect. Chrysler should make this right for everyone.

- , Seadrift, TX, USA

Jun 302008

Ram 2500 SLT Diesel Turbo 6

Dealer service is a joke, no wonder Marietta Dodge went out of business. This vehicle was purchased because I believed, WADA, that Dodge would build a great vehicle and stand behind it for the duration of the warranty. I will add other complaints to my account that occurred during the 'factory warranty' but which the dealer wanted to charge $100 to check out and tell me it's not covered under the terms, read 'small print' of the agreement.

Ha, I agree never to purchase another new dodge vehicle again. Let some other poor sucker take care of the careless and cheaply manufactured POC!

- , Temple, GA, USA

Jun 162011

Ram 2500 SLT V8

I have never seen or heard of dashboards cracking in vehicles as new as the ones mentioned on this website. A few complaints can be passed off as upset clients, but a few hundred is a different story. I really do not understand why Dodge hasn't stepped up to the plate to satisfy their customers who have paid thousands for their vehicles. I will not buy another Dodge vehicle if this problem is not addressed and resolved free or charge. I paid $24,000.00 for a vehicle and I expect to pay no more because of a defective part I already paid for. If it was my fault, then I would pay to repair it, but it is not. Dodge should repair the problem which is no ones fault but their own.

Update from Oct 13, 2011: Dodge fixed it with me having to pay $175.00. I reluctantly paid it and therefore I will not buy another Dodge. The people at their claims division were nice but would not budge from $175.00. I thanked the lady and told her that I disagreed with their decision of not acknowledging their defective dashboards and covering the problem for free. If I didn't have it fixed for $175.00, I could have possibly had other , more serious problems and I would have probably lost more than $175.00 when trading it in.

- , Iowa, LA, USA

Aug 042008

Ram 2500 5.7L V8

All these American manufacturers want to do is sell their product and claim no responsibility for poor quality of workmanship or materials and yet they want us to continue to buy American, wondering why our economy is so bad. If a reliable product was being produced, these companies would not have any problem with returning customers.

- , Decatur, GA, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 2500 LX 5.9L

All the dodge trucks have this problem just most people don't complain thinking it will not help. The company should have to repair these and should be required to make all future dashes out of a different material. I have loved Chrysler products all my life but this is bull.

- , West Palm Beach, FL, USA