7.7

1. replace dashboard (82 reports)
  3. complain, complain, complain at dealer (12 reports)
  4. cover with a dashboard cover (12 reports)
  5. replace dash (10 reports)
  6. get a dashboard from online for 260 + shipping then diy (5 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 9)

May 192006

Ram 2500 HD

Every time I get in my truck I find a new crack what a joke.

- , Cecilia, KY, USA

May 012010

Ram 2500 Lareame Decel

For such a high quality $50,000.00 truck, the construction/materials used for the dashboard is most definately inferior to the competitors (i.e. Chevy, Ford, Toyota). The light weight plastic cracks and creates sharp edges that are a safety hazard. Talking to other Dodge Ram owners I found that this is a common/dangerous situation, yet there is no recall, why? I want to know what Dodge is going to start doing about this for those of us affected with earlier 2000 model trucks.

- , Santa Rosa, CA, USA

Sep 282012

Ram 2500 SLT Diesel

Dodge made a cheap plastic for their dashes and now the problem shows up after warranty is gone. They need to remedy this since it is happening to lots of dodge trucks. NO truck has been babied more then mine and it has been washed and waxed and polished inside and out regularly. It still looks like new after 9 years, and now it will look like a junker inside because of the Dash.. I will not buy another Dodge if this is not corrected by the Factory who took my almost $50,000 dollars.

- , Pleasant Hill, IA, USA

May 022012

Ram 2500 SLT V10

This is a pain in the rear they always blame the owners or the age of the truck. It's just plastic and most likely made in china.

- , League City, TX, USA

May 092010

Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel

Same problem as many many other Dodge Ram owners, huge cracks in the dashboard. After reading about all the other complaints and lack of any help from the dealers I haven't even wasted my time complaining. I will probably just buy a dashboard cover and speak with my wallet by never buying a Dodge product again! They also hosed me with flawed fuel injectors and a flawed fuel lift pump on this same vehicle!

- , New Knoxville, OH, USA

May 012007

Ram 2500 Laramie 6 cyl. Diesel

I keep hoping that Dodge will address this issue with the cracks in the dash. This dash is absolutely terrible. It is embarrassing and a real danger. In a minor accident I could see this thing shattering into a lot of small sharp pieces of plastic.

- , Burbank, CA, USA

Aug 012012

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

This is assinine. My truck was a "Special Order" which took 3 month's to arrive from the "Made In Mexico" build plant...I was "pissed" the first time I rolled under the truck to perform it's first oil change. These vehicle's come by boat and the salt water intrusion becomes quite evident when you look at the chassis component's.

The vehicle is garage kept, no hit's no ding's. Well, maintained. As of now it has 47K on the speedo.

While taking my lab to the vet. The entire plastic dash.."Blow's Apart". The plastic shard's on the passenger side cut my dog just above her left eye. Thank goodness it did not enter her eye and she was lucky as we were 2 miles from the vet's office!

Dodge knows this dash problem exists. It's been a problem on every Ram Tough truck since 1998. "3" stitches later, my riding buddy is fixed up .Now, I am really pissed as my lab who always begged to ride, now won't get near "Her Truck"...

Now, you have to figure.. What if your wife was sitting in the passenger seat? This is nonsense. You spend 30-40K on these vehicles and they "Jam It In Your Ass" with all these inferior plastic part's and then want to assume no liability..

This is total "Horse Hockey"

- , Callahan, FL, USA

Sep 092009

Ram 2500 SL 5.9L Diesel

I had noticed a couple small cracks in the dashboard vent screens and speaker faces before I took my truck to the dealer, where I had purchased the truck new. (It was a demo with 4900 miles), with an AC problem. When I got the truck back, there were a few more larger cracks in my dashboard. Since then, it has continued to crack. There are now 3 cracks going from front to rear in both pieces of the dashboard. The dashboard is now in 6 pieces and is probably going to fly out of position at any time. I reported this to my dealer with the same results everyone else has gotten.

I have always been a Ford man, but let my son talk me into a Dodge Ram because of the Cummins engine and I have been very happy with the performance of the truck. I can't say I'm going to stick with the Dodge because I also like my truck to look good. I feel really bad when someone is in my truck and I have to tell them "Don't touch the dash, you may cut yourself." By the way, my son has had 3 Dodge trucks since telling me how good they were and he says he'll never buy another one.

- , Liberty Hill, TX, USA

Jul 042007

Ram 2500 Not A Trim Level 5.7L V8

This is the 3rd Dodge truck I've had and all of them has had this problem.

When I noticed that other brand name trucks like Ford and Chevy didn't have this problem I started looking for different models but decided to keep my Dodge because now it is paid for. I will never buy another Dodge due to this problem and other mechanical issues.

- , Harris, TX, USA

Jan 152011

Ram 2500 HD 5.7L

Dash started cracking Jan 2011 and now is disintegrating. Soon it will be gone completely. Would like to know if Dodge is doing anything about this. Thanks

- , Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Jun 122012

Ram 2500 Hemi

Looks by the comments here that there is a problem with the plastic. I have kept a sun shield over the dash when the truck is parked. I will not be buying a new dodge because of this problem. Good truck otherwise.

- , Bay Head, NJ, USA

Jan 012010

Ram 2500 Charcoal 5.9L Diesel

These dodges have cheap plastic installed. The most expensive replacement being the dash at $1400 for the part. Also broken are the bezels around the door switches on both front doors and the plastic in the overhead domelight which is also an expensive fix.

- , Simi Valley, CA, USA

May 262012

Ram 2500 XLT 5.9L Inline 6

Its really crappy that Dodges are known for this VERY issues...ALL Dodge Dashboards crack and I don't understand why. I have a Ford Expedition of the same year and it doesn't have a crack. I have a 98 Nissan Box truck...no cracks...I also have a 94 Ford E-350...no cracks! Why is my 03 Dodge have a cracked as heck dash board? It rattles as I drive and is annoying because I can't set anything on the dash of fear of it possibly causing more or worsening the cracks! DODGE, you were cheap on the manufacturing and need to make it up to consumers! REPLACE MY CRACKED ASS DASHBOARD DODGE!

Thank you!

- , Odessa, FL, USA

Sep 152011

Ram 2500

It really sucks that a person takes care of their truck and dodge has put a sh*tty material in and will not fix it

- , Rosharon, TX, US

Jun 152011

Ram 2500

This is probably one of thousands of dashes that have cracked in Dodge trucks. Yet Dodge will not do a d---m thing to help you fix the problem.. I've tried!! First I called the dealer... Not a warranty problem..Next was Chrysler Cust Service.1-800-992-1997. Right. They gave me the # for Ram Dept. Cust Service.1-866-726-4636. Bulls---! Got "Jamie" twice and "not a warranty problem.. Nothing they will do.. Told them this will be my last Chrysler product I will buy.. "That's your choice".. Damn right it is and that's why I'm done with any Chrysler product.. They don't care and neither do I..!!! This little problem just cost them a few thousand dollars in the sale of a new truck.. I bought a dash cover that went on OK and am selling the truck.. CHEAP!!

- , Lantana, FL, USA

Apr 232010

Ram 2500 HD 5.9L

There is no excuse whatsoever in a dash cracking. This truck is kept under a carport,out of the sun and the dash was always protected with Armour All. Started out with just a small crack down the front cap on passenger side; now it up to the windshield and one of the air vent registers have fallen out because there's nothing there to freakn hold it in place. And Dodge wants to bury their heads in the sand. Pay this sort of money and get a piece of crap and they won't even acknowledge there is a problem. Will never buy a Dodge again. Filed complaint with Dodge and they refuse to help. Talked to the dealer which then in turn talked to Dodge and the dealer said that THEY, not me, THEY would aggree to the deductible of $200 and I could cover the $1200. HELLO! I'm the freakn customer here, not the dealership. Just makes me sick.

- , Jefferson, TX, USA

Feb 052012

Ram 2500 Larime 5.7L

the dash in my truck has 5 cracks that go from one side to the other i have 3 small children and one of them has already cut her finger on the crack. is this going to be a recall or not

- , Norwalk, CT, USA

Jan 062010

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.7L V8 Hemi

It's incomprehensible how Chrysler, knowing that defective plastic was used in the manufacture of its dashboards, refuses to recall vehicles to replace the affected parts. I paid good money for what is supposed to be a high quality vehicle and to have my dashboard suddenly begin to crack, even with the great care and protection that I've provided my truck, is completely unacceptable. Chrysler and their Dodge division should be held accountable and pressured to address this matter and provide restitution to affected customers.

- , Lompoc, CA, US

Dec 102010

Ram 2500 SLT Quad Cab 5.7L Magnum

The dashboard is cracked in multiple areas. The over-all condition of the truck is excellent. Truck is cleaned weekly and detailed once every 6 months. This is an embarrassment for me any time someone gets in to the truck. It should be an embarrassment to Dodge. Since this seems to be a production problem, they should replace the dash.

- , Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Apr 262009

Ram 2500 Heavy Duty 5.9L

i am really embarrassed to let any one ride in my truck. the dash is just about to fall through. i can not clean it because im scared it is going to crack some more. i am really tired of looking at a cracked and busted up dash!!!!!

- , chesnee, sc, USA