7.7

1. replace dashboard (82 reports)
  3. complain, complain, complain at dealer (12 reports)
  4. cover with a dashboard cover (12 reports)
  5. replace dash (10 reports)
  6. get a dashboard from online for 260 + shipping then diy (5 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 6 of 9)

Aug 012011

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

Dashboard started with series of cracks running from the the windshield to the cab. IT has now spread to ten cracks all of which are getting worse.

None of these cracks appeared until the truck was just out of warranty. Called Dodge and was given the same run around I have seen others on this board getting.

I will not be buying another Dodge as a result of them not fixing what is obviously a serious design issue. Oh and thanks Dodge for ruining my trade-in and re-sale value as the cracks cause the truck to be listed in poor condition.

It is upsetting to spend nearly $50,000 and get treated so poorly by the company I gave my money to. Well not again Dodge, not again. You have lost a customer.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 122011

Ram 2500 V8 Hemi

my husband loves his truck until now. about two weeks ago a hair line crack started just to the left of the glove box he was sick with in two weeks it's gone down to the glove box and from what i read he's only going to get sicker we also had a problem with the check engine keeps coming on took it to the dealer 4 times and surprised they never see it but don't mind taking your 150.00 every time between the dash and the light dodge might not be in the future truck for us i would think you would hire better people to work in your garages. this is your company, this is your name out there and all these problems just get kicked to the curb. times are hard out there i would think you would want to make people happy instead of just kicking them to the curb.

- , Hannibal, NY, USA

Aug 152011

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Diesel

This is a terrible problem. My dash has several cracks in it and it looks like sh*t. I think that if Dodge has had so many complaints they should replace the dash.

- , Montgomery City, MO, USA

Feb 102009

Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins

This problem has gone completely ignored by dodge, first it was one crack then another and another and so on. This is nothing but a classic example of a manufacturer making and selling pure junk to american consumers.I didnt buy the dodge for the name but for the cummins powertrain and as for the dodge company, I will never buy another one seeing how they DONT stand behind their products.

- , Dayton, TN, USA

Mar 012011

Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel

My dash cracked after I owned the vehicle for several years. I bought it used from a relative who could no longer drive. It has been an awesome vehicle except for the dash cracking worse than any I have ever seen. I had to have the front end completely rebuilt, supposedly due to the heavy diesel engine. I can accept the front end, but the dash is definitely a material defect. Chrysler should make this right for everyone.

- , Seadrift, TX, USA

Jun 302008

Ram 2500 SLT Diesel Turbo 6

Dealer service is a joke, no wonder Marietta Dodge went out of business. This vehicle was purchased because I believed, WADA, that Dodge would build a great vehicle and stand behind it for the duration of the warranty. I will add other complaints to my account that occurred during the 'factory warranty' but which the dealer wanted to charge $100 to check out and tell me it's not covered under the terms, read 'small print' of the agreement.

Ha, I agree never to purchase another new dodge vehicle again. Let some other poor sucker take care of the careless and cheaply manufactured POC!

- , Temple, GA, USA

Jun 162011

Ram 2500 SLT V8

I have never seen or heard of dashboards cracking in vehicles as new as the ones mentioned on this website. A few complaints can be passed off as upset clients, but a few hundred is a different story. I really do not understand why Dodge hasn't stepped up to the plate to satisfy their customers who have paid thousands for their vehicles. I will not buy another Dodge vehicle if this problem is not addressed and resolved free or charge. I paid $24,000.00 for a vehicle and I expect to pay no more because of a defective part I already paid for. If it was my fault, then I would pay to repair it, but it is not. Dodge should repair the problem which is no ones fault but their own.

Update from Oct 13, 2011: Dodge fixed it with me having to pay $175.00. I reluctantly paid it and therefore I will not buy another Dodge. The people at their claims division were nice but would not budge from $175.00. I thanked the lady and told her that I disagreed with their decision of not acknowledging their defective dashboards and covering the problem for free. If I didn't have it fixed for $175.00, I could have possibly had other , more serious problems and I would have probably lost more than $175.00 when trading it in.

- , Iowa, LA, USA

Aug 042008

Ram 2500 5.7L V8

All these American manufacturers want to do is sell their product and claim no responsibility for poor quality of workmanship or materials and yet they want us to continue to buy American, wondering why our economy is so bad. If a reliable product was being produced, these companies would not have any problem with returning customers.

- , Decatur, GA, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 2500 LX 5.9L

All the dodge trucks have this problem just most people don't complain thinking it will not help. The company should have to repair these and should be required to make all future dashes out of a different material. I have loved Chrysler products all my life but this is bull.

- , West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Apr 302006

Ram 2500 SLT Cummins

THIS IS Bull___T..... Dodge knows it has a problem with their dash's all the way back to 1997. I don't want a whole lot. JUST FIX THE DAMN THING>>> I will not buy another dodge until they fix this problem. A 50000 dollar vehicle and it looks like a piece of crap when you look inside..

- , Dayton, TN, USA

Aug 012008

Ram 2500 LX

This is a safety hazard! The large jagged pieces continue to crack and if you don't see that there are new cracks, they can fly off the dashboard when you stop or turn very easily. It also has stopped my air conditioning as small pieces have fallen into the cooling area under the dashboard. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. It looks ugly and when you pay $45,000 for a vehicle you do not expect it to look like this. This needs to be addressed by Dodge and be replaced. If they refuse to take care of this they will lose customers and all others that I can tell. And I will tell everyone!

- , Stockton, CA, USA

Sep 022011

Ram 2500 2500 5.9L Diesel

For years I have been a Dodge customer . . .this is the 6th truck. I take immaculate care of my vehicles . . .parking in the North 40 every time I go some place....then I go out to get in my truck and low and behold there is a crack running right down the middle of the dashboard. It has never been exposed to the sun without a shade over it. Did not realize the enormous problem this obviously is until I began looking to resolve the problem. Dodge needs to step up and recall the defective dashes and replace them . . .with newly manufactured dashes not the same product used!!

- , Waxahachie, TX, USA

Sep 012010

Ram 2500 LS 5.7L

I have noticed the problem is with all Dodge pickups. I had a Chevrolet for over 13 years before I noticed the dash to crack. This happened in just eight years. A very big eye sore.

- , Weatherford, TX, USA

Jul 302011

Ram 2500 LS 5.7L Hemi

I have been a Dodge man for about 30 years we have a 84 pu 79 road runner 2006 van, 2006 Dakota, and the 2003 ram and I have never seen a dash do this it will just crumble under the slitest of preasure. My bigest concern is in an accident the air bags would be punchured and the dash would be shattered causing severe damage or even Death. I have contacted the Chrystler complaint hot line and they are trying to work something out with the dealer for maybe a 200.00 or so deductable. but the Dealership wants 2044.43 up front and Chrystler to reimburse me the difference. I am tired of watching the commericials about how tough Dodges are and how dependable they are. So Dodge put up or shut up. Take care of your customers or like a good company should or loose them to someone else.

- , New Hope, AL, USA

Nov 082010

Ram 2500

The original crack was right down the passenger side above the airbag. Just the other day it cracked more, causing the defrost vents to fall inside. It now has several cracks across the top of the dashboard and as I have noticed this is a problem that has been identified by DODGE that there is a defect in the plastic....SO THEY NEED TO FIX IT!!

- , West Palm Beach, FL, US

Jun 012011

Ram 2500 SLT Turbo Diesel

click to see larger images

dashboard cracked dashboard cracked

63000 miles on this 2003 truck and the dashboard is falling apart. I see this is a common problem in this vehicle. How do we get Dodge to take care of this?

- , Castle Rock, CO, USA

May 222008

Ram 2500 5.9L

my dashboard in my 2003 dodge is all busted up and cracked and a new dash around one thousand bucks good gosh why cant they come down on the price if i payed so much money for that truck it should last so i think yall should replace it

- , Purvis, MS, USA

Jan 192011

Ram 2500 ES

Dodge should replace the compleat dash .it looks like apiece of junk on the hole dash.

- , Bayonet Pt., Flordia, USA

Jul 152008

Ram 2500

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ Check out this site to make a complaint on your dash. Maybe if enough people complain to the gov. they will recall this Safety Issue. I sent my complaint in a while back but to a different site. No reply yet. It is 'www-' with a dash not a dot. I will make a complaint to this site also.

Update from May 25, 2011: www.genosgarage.com. I have heard that it is supposed to be a lifetime dash.

- , Victoria, TX, USA

Mar 272011

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Diesel

Just adding to the long list of complaints about cracked dashes. 2003 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins. Dash cracked on passenger side running front to back near the airbag. How can this be safe? Haven't price checked a repair yet but looking at the above posts it won't be cheap. I've maintained the truck as best as I could possibly have. Thanks Dodge, I've had two of your trucks but a third will be a tough sell!

- , Topeka, KS, USA