7.7

1. replace dashboard (75 reports)
  3. cover with a dashboard cover (12 reports)
  4. complain, complain, complain at dealer (11 reports)
  5. replace dash (10 reports)
  6. get a dashboard from online for 260 + shipping then diy (5 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 8)

Apr 272010

Ram 2500 2500 Cummins Diesel

I couldn't believe that my dash was already cracked. I didn't get it fixed but think with so many complaints on a cracked dashboard that the problem wouldn't be fixed by the manufacturer. I decided to file a complaint because I would like to them to know that it is an obvious problem to the 2003 Dodge 2500. Let's get it fixed.

- , Cedar City, UT, USA

Sep 232015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Diesel

I called Dodge customer service and they gave me the standard answer. "It's out of warranty. It would be hard to determine whether it was a manufacturing defect or not." Obviously it is a defect. Mine, like thousands of others, is cracked. No, I have not crashed it or went 4 wheeling. Just stupidly drove it to and from work. How ridiculous am I to expect it to last forever! Sadly I am often more concerned what the inside looks like than the outside. I have a lot of clients ride with me. They are going to wonder how my work is if I allow my truck to go to pot like that. More than that, I am worried about what would happen if the airbag deployed in a crash. would those pieces of the dash be propelled around the cab at lethal velocity. I wouldn't be so bad but this model is already been subject to about 3 or 4 recall notices and now I find out that mine is one of the ones with the airbag problem also.

- , Monroe, OH, USA

Jun 152012

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L Turbo Diesel

Obviously from the amount of information on this specific problem in Dodge Trucks, especially 2003 models, the dash materials are substandard. I put a sun shade in the windshield whenever necessary and windows cracked to keep the vehicle as cool as possible because Implanned on keeping it for a long time. Probably why it took longer to crack than most.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 012013

Ram 2500 Laremi 5.9L Disel

dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked

Because of the dash falling apart the small pieces fell into the vent and damage the flap that allows the AC/Heat control to be stuck on half way. So it does not get HOT or really COLD.

Cannot change the vent direction from floor to defrost or any were else for that matter.

- , Corinth, TX, USA

Oct 012013

Ram 2500 Laremi 5.9L Disel

Cannot change the vent direction from floor to defrost, or anywhere else for that matter.

- , Corinth, TX, USA

Jun 122012

Ram 2500 Lariat 5.8L Hemi

Being a multiple Dodge vehicle owner I am thoroughly disappointed that Dodge does not help its current owners of their vehicles with this outstanding problem with their trucks. I would be embarrassed if this is how I responded to my customers if I had a problem with my products that I manufactured. Being the owner of some 25 trucks in the past this is the first cracked dash I have encountered.

- , Warrenton, OR, USA

Jan 042012

Ram 2500 ES 5.9L

my dash board cracked in many many pieces. It is a problem with several complaints I hear. I bought an after market 2 piece system that Siliconed to the existing dash, but it really has no available surface to stick to. Dodge needs to replace this, there are pieces of the dash falling all inside the dash, and no telling what problem may occur down the road.

- , Montz, LA, USA

Aug 012015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

There is a real possibility that passengers could suffer great harm if the air bags deployed and the shards of plastic explode ever where. At this point I have put a dash cover on it. Too expensive to replace. What is sad is that I have keep treatment on the dash all of the time. Only real problem with this truck. We really like it and has served us well.

- , TULSA, OK, USA

Mar 012006

Ram 2500 Laredo High Output Diesel 6

Significant cracking has occurred causing large, sharp, jagged pieces of plastic to protrude from the dashboard. There is real concern that hazardous debris could cause injury in a crash.

- , Roswell, GA, USA

Aug 022012

Ram 2500 5.7L Hemi

The dash has been cracking for the last couple years. This truck is owned by a girl and very well kept. I even use a sun shade to block the sun and keep my windows cracked on real hot days. Just recently huge chunks have been falling out of the dash and going down inside. Lord only knows what that is causing. Dodge needs to step up and fix the issue. It's not all of us doing this to our trucks it's Dodge putting in junk plastic and not willing to fix it. Highly pissed that you would pay that much for a truck and this stupid sh*t happens and you guys won't fix.

- , Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Jul 172014

Ram 2500 5.7L Hemi

Another disappointed Mopar customer. 2003 Dodge Ram 2500. Dashboard is cracking (both front and rear pieces). Also has the defective paint which gets white spots through the clear coat. Dodge should provide a competitive offer on the parts to customers as a minimum. Instead they continue to offer the defective parts at inflated parts prices. Poor leadership is an understatement.

- , Jamestown, RI, USA

Dec 292012

Ram 2500 SLT Hemi 5.7L V8

dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked

I have been buying Dodge Products my whole life. I will never buy a Dodge or Chrysler again if this problem is not taken care of. I will be also telling all my friends and social media how this is handed. The cracks on my dash, came out of nowhere. Nothing touched my dash, it is just disintegrating on it's own and falling into my under compartment. Now there is a recall on air bags for this model. That will throw shards of metal. It looks like there will also be shards of plastic being thrown as well. They better get this right or they will stand to lose a lot of business.

- , dearborn heights, MI, USA

Feb 142007

Ram 2500 Lariat Diesel

My Dodge Ram truck is the best on the road especially with the Cummins Diesel engine, with only 167,000 miles on a 500,000 mile engine, The DASHBOARD IS A PIECE OF CHINESE JUNK!!!! Chrysler Corp should be ashamed of not taking care of your loyal customers and fixing the problem. Remember Chrysler Corp, without a customer you have no business!!!! Fix the problem!!! If my truck isn't taken care of I will never return and will NEVER recommend a Chrysler vehicle. You have a right to fix this if you are a decent person with a conscience!!! Don't let us loyal customers down. I can be reached at 513-375-2656

- , Sarasota, FL, USA

May 012012

Ram 2500 SL 5.7L

Recently air bags have been on all the front pages because in the event of an accident stray fragments of metal and plastic can erupt like shrapnel into a person's face when the air bag is deployed. The dash of the 2003 Dodge Ram pickups is made of an inferior plastic that with age deteriorates easily, too easily, to the point that it can very quickly become a stream of sharp shrapnel type objects that can have the same devastating impact of permanent injury or even death from these shards of loose and broken plastic. Dodge replaced the plastic used to make the dash in 2004, but to date nothing has been done to correct and rectify the 2003 dashes.

Cracks and holes in the dash also create a potential hazard of greater proportion as it does not prevent objects from falling into the instrument cluster and backside of the dash. This has the potential of creating a short circuit and possible electrical hazard.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Oct 262009

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Diesel

DODGE HAS USED INFERIOR MATERIALS ON THE DASHES OF THESE TRUCKS! I have 2 of them and know of hundreds of others with this same problem. I had one of these trucks kept in the garage and only put a few hundred miles on it in 3 years and the dash cracked as soon as my other one did. Dodge used the sorry plastic to get the trucks by until the warranty was up and they kept using the inferior materials for years and may still be using it, not caring how dangerous ti is or how bad it looks, if they cared they would at least sell you a better replacement part at or below their cost and not want to charge you over $900 for the same inferior replacement part!!

- , Lakesite, TN, USA

Oct 262014

Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel

click to see larger images

dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked

I bought this truck 07/25/2014 with no cracks in the dash. Three months later it has one little crack. Then the more I drive it the more it cracks. The air conditioning has a sensor that doesn't work and requires the dash to come out and the mechanic says he will not be responsible for removing the dash because the dash will crumble into little pieces. I would never buy a Dodge product ever again if Dodge doesn't recall this truck and replace the faulty dash. I am now stuck with this expensive piece of crap 2003 Dodge 2500 turbo diesel. I am sure they would dock me on a trade in because of the cracked dash WTF!!!!!!!!

- , Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Jan 012012

Ram 2500 5.9L

Dashboard cracking to pieces and has been for a few years now. My dealer says there is nothing I can do except replace it myself. That's over a 1000 dollars. Pieces of the dash have came completely off and fallen in my lap while driving the truck. I love my Dodge but will not own another one if this is not taken care of under warrant for the bad decision Chrysler made when making these dashboards.

Update from Nov 11, 2015: The dash has cracked and fallen apart even more. This is ridicules!!

- , Millersville, MO, USA

Jul 092013

Ram 2500 SLT Cummins 5.7L

Will have to do DIY repair. Parts are falling down and flying off. This truck would have been "Lemon Lawed" had I bought it in my home state rather than across a state line. Made in Mexico and had multiple major problems under warranty (both seat belts fell off; rear end replaced at 2000 miles; turbo set up wrong; ect). Now the dash panel has fallen apart.

- , Murray, KY, USA

Jan 012013

Ram 2500 LaramieSLT/ST 5.9L Cummings

dashboard cracked

I am the original owner of a 2003 Ram 2500 Dodge truck. The truck has been serviced at the same location from day one. I was mailed a recall by the Chrysler Group LLC concerning the inflater/air bags Notification code P78. Recently my attention has been drawn to the multiple breaks in the vent portion of the dash cover with missing pieces and now the main dash component is completely cracked through on the passenger side. I have also noticed that with the AC on, pieces of plastic and deteriorated. Insulation blows freely in the cab of the truck. With the dash continuing to crack and break apart pieces of plastic have dropped below the dash and could potentially could expose and cause wiring problems with the electrical system.

At my local client adviser’s request I called 1.800.992.1997 Chrysler/Dodge and spoke with Jeremy on Friday 12 June 2015 to check the recall and ask what dangers existed to passengers or technicians working on the vehicle, if the air bags were to deploy with the dash in pieces. The representative said that I should take up my safety concerns with my local dealership. My service client service adviser @ the Clay Cooley Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Dealership was ask to check with management to seek a resolve with what I was concerned with as a safety hazard. I was told that they would work with me but when I arrived I was informed that the dash and the dash vent portion were not available.

My concerns have increased with the dealership resolve being "the parts are not available". After going to the Internet it appears that my dash concerns are a common concern for most 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 owners. 2003 seems to be the plethora year. The cracked dash is a danger to the eyes of anyone riding in the vehicle with the ventilation system circulating condition air. I fear that in an accident the dash will act as shrapnel in the event of air bag deployment.

As a repeat Dodge Ram owner I am expecting Dodge to step to the plate.

- , Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 232015

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L Diesel

dashboard cracked

This truck has been well maintained and garaged everyday. This should not have happened.

- , Ventura, CA, USA