7.7

1. replace dashboard (80 reports)
  3. complain, complain, complain at dealer (12 reports)
  4. cover with a dashboard cover (12 reports)
  5. replace dash (10 reports)
  6. get a dashboard from online for 260 + shipping then diy (5 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 9)

Apr 102012

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L V6

My dash is falling off in piece's. Dealership says because it's old and caused by the sun. Which is BS cause I've always kept my sun blocker installed when parked.

- , Bristow, US

Mar 042015

Ram 2500 Limited 5.7L

Always have taken care of the interior and also have covered my windshield so the sun will not damage my dash. It is cracked real bad. I might not even have a dash come next year due to it is all cracked and falling apart. I have a 2002 Ford Focus ZTX never have protected it like I have my Dodge and it is in perfect condition. No cracked or signs of any stress on the dash.

- , Garland, US

Jan 052017

Ram 2500 SLT 8.0L V10

Why hasn't the NHTSA issued a recall for this well known documented problem? It's obviously a safety issue if sharp pieces can strike the driver or front seat passenger in the face.

- , Seymour, US

Sep 012009

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

click to see larger images

dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked

Dangerous situation that gets worse each month. More and more sharp pieces of dash fall off each time I drive. Afraid that they will kill me in an accident. Hate it even more that my wife NEEDS this to haul her horses and we cannot afford a new truck or even a decent used one. This one runs great and looks good everywhere but the dash. Even if could sell and replace- who would buy such a death trap?

- , Wayne, OK, US

Aug 022016

Ram 2500

VERY CRACKED AND NOT SURE WHY MY CAR HAS A BLACK DASH AND IT SETS IN THE SAME LOCATION NO CRACKS ON IT ...NOT LOOKING FOWARD TO PAYING FOR THIS....I THINK DODGE SHOULD HAVE TO REPLACE THEM!!!!!

- , Chicago, IL, US

Mar 012011

Ram 2500 SL 5.9L Cummins

Dash cracked a few years back, now it is almost completely disintegrated. Besides the danger of flying projectiles, the defroster air vents no longer direct the air flow.

- , Aubrey, TX, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L I6

Dash cracked and falling apart. Plastic fell down into defroster ducts and jammed defroster blend door and heater/ air conditioner blend door. Plus I have foam blowing out of all the ducts. Only bought the truck for the engine. If Ford had the contract with Cummins I would not have this problem. Dash not cracked on my old '72 F100 or my not as old '93 F150.

- , Morven, GA, USA

Jun 012015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

Condition is concerning from a safety standpoint. The structural integrity of the dash which also houses the passenger airbag is obviously compromised, There are sharp edges where the dash has cracked and where large pieces of plastic are missing. This would very likely cause injuries in the event of a crash.

- , Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Feb 112015

Ram 2500 G811749SLT Hemi

The dash cracked all the way through. The little piece by the window fell apart, not a big deal, we bought a new piece and replaced it but now the entire dash has a giant crack all the way through. We take very good care of this truck it has low miles and is covered often. I called the dealer and they want $2300.00 to replace. That seems a bit excessive to me. I know this is an older truck and I would not mind having the dash replaced if they would be reasonable about the price. The dealership of course states it is old and out of warranty so we are stuck.

- , cypress, CA, USA

Jul 012015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L I6

Really looking for a solution. Not sure what to do or how to fix it. Anyone get it covered for free?

- , Lindenhurst, USA

Apr 272010

Ram 2500 2500 Cummins Diesel

I couldn't believe that my dash was already cracked. I didn't get it fixed but think with so many complaints on a cracked dashboard that the problem wouldn't be fixed by the manufacturer. I decided to file a complaint because I would like to them to know that it is an obvious problem to the 2003 Dodge 2500. Let's get it fixed.

- , Cedar City, UT, USA

Sep 232015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Diesel

I called Dodge customer service and they gave me the standard answer. "It's out of warranty. It would be hard to determine whether it was a manufacturing defect or not." Obviously it is a defect. Mine, like thousands of others, is cracked. No, I have not crashed it or went 4 wheeling. Just stupidly drove it to and from work. How ridiculous am I to expect it to last forever! Sadly I am often more concerned what the inside looks like than the outside. I have a lot of clients ride with me. They are going to wonder how my work is if I allow my truck to go to pot like that. More than that, I am worried about what would happen if the airbag deployed in a crash. would those pieces of the dash be propelled around the cab at lethal velocity. I wouldn't be so bad but this model is already been subject to about 3 or 4 recall notices and now I find out that mine is one of the ones with the airbag problem also.

- , Monroe, OH, USA

Jun 152012

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L Turbo Diesel

Obviously from the amount of information on this specific problem in Dodge Trucks, especially 2003 models, the dash materials are substandard. I put a sun shade in the windshield whenever necessary and windows cracked to keep the vehicle as cool as possible because Implanned on keeping it for a long time. Probably why it took longer to crack than most.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 012013

Ram 2500 Laremi 5.9L Disel

click to see larger images

dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked

Because of the dash falling apart the small pieces fell into the vent and damage the flap that allows the AC/Heat control to be stuck on half way. So it does not get HOT or really COLD.

Cannot change the vent direction from floor to defrost or any were else for that matter.

- , Corinth, TX, USA

Oct 012013

Ram 2500 Laremi 5.9L Disel

Cannot change the vent direction from floor to defrost, or anywhere else for that matter.

- , Corinth, TX, USA

Jun 122012

Ram 2500 Lariat 5.8L Hemi

Being a multiple Dodge vehicle owner I am thoroughly disappointed that Dodge does not help its current owners of their vehicles with this outstanding problem with their trucks. I would be embarrassed if this is how I responded to my customers if I had a problem with my products that I manufactured. Being the owner of some 25 trucks in the past this is the first cracked dash I have encountered.

- , Warrenton, OR, USA

Jan 042012

Ram 2500 ES 5.9L

my dash board cracked in many many pieces. It is a problem with several complaints I hear. I bought an after market 2 piece system that Siliconed to the existing dash, but it really has no available surface to stick to. Dodge needs to replace this, there are pieces of the dash falling all inside the dash, and no telling what problem may occur down the road.

- , Montz, LA, USA

Aug 012015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

There is a real possibility that passengers could suffer great harm if the air bags deployed and the shards of plastic explode ever where. At this point I have put a dash cover on it. Too expensive to replace. What is sad is that I have keep treatment on the dash all of the time. Only real problem with this truck. We really like it and has served us well.

- , TULSA, OK, USA

Mar 012006

Ram 2500 Laredo High Output Diesel 6

Significant cracking has occurred causing large, sharp, jagged pieces of plastic to protrude from the dashboard. There is real concern that hazardous debris could cause injury in a crash.

- , Roswell, GA, USA

Aug 022012

Ram 2500 5.7L Hemi

The dash has been cracking for the last couple years. This truck is owned by a girl and very well kept. I even use a sun shade to block the sun and keep my windows cracked on real hot days. Just recently huge chunks have been falling out of the dash and going down inside. Lord only knows what that is causing. Dodge needs to step up and fix the issue. It's not all of us doing this to our trucks it's Dodge putting in junk plastic and not willing to fix it. Highly pissed that you would pay that much for a truck and this stupid sh*t happens and you guys won't fix.

- , Glen Burnie, MD, USA