7.6

1. replace dashboard (50 reports)
  3. cover with a dashboard cover (10 reports)
  4. complain, complain, complain at dealer (9 reports)
  5. get a dashboard from online for 260 + shipping then diy (4 reports)
  6. replace dash (4 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Feb 012007

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L

I call Dodge back when the dash had originally cracked and they told me that it was my problem and I would have to pay to have it fixed. I waited a few more years and they said that they would pay for the dash and I would have to pay for the labor. Now they say that won't cover anything again it my problem. I was told that they would probably have a recall and they have not. I guess that owning a lots of dodge truck and being loyal don't count for nothing!! I currently own a 2003 quad cab 5.9 silver and a 2006 5.9 mega cab silver and was wanting to see about the new 2014 3.0 1500 diesel but don't know if I'll buy one because when they have problems they just try to put it off on their customers. The diesels are suppose to last a long time but the truck itself is not holding up. I currently have door locks that don't work and air conditioning that works but is all jammed up because of dash debris causing air to blow chunks of dash out at you and doesn't let the air flow correctly out the vents. Not to mention the fix for going into park consist of a blowing horn at 4am when I get up to go shrimping in the mornings. My 06 has blinker lights problems. When you put the right blinker on the left may blink not work at all or all lights start blinking. I just love the way dodge horn blows at 4am if the door is open and you in reverse. I just love the way Dodge is handling things!!! My problem!!! I am going to file with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) also. What a bunch of runaround. Both my brothers own 2005 5.9 Cummings P/U's and I own 2. You would think with loyalty and ownership they would want to help their customers instead of denying it and saying it's your problem!! I am very disappointed in the way their customer satisfaction works. I have owned Cummings P/U's since 89 all 5.9 and have been overall happy but the newer ones just seem to have to many problems with cheap import material installed and the dodge company, not caring if you want to buy from them again or not. Now I know why so many foreign cars are being sold in America, because there cars are not just falling apart. Maybe I'll have to be one of those also. I don't see cars lined up to be fixed as much suppose to be American made cars are!! I am through now!! God Bless!! Kyle Kimball

- , Nederland, Texas, USA

Apr 122011

Ram 2500 LS Cummins

Dashboard cracking all over. Pieces have fallen into the vents and causing problems there. Dodge does not consider this due to faulty material or manufacturing. Get real Dodge, this is a wide spread problem and is causing lost sales.

- , Baird, Texas, USA

Mar 122008

Ram 2500 SLY 6.2L

Dash has crack so bad over the years since 2008 i am afraid to drive it anymore because I'm afraid a piece might come off and hit me in the face while driving with the windows down and make me have a wreck. Chrysler needs to get this problem fixed immediately I have other family members that has the same truck that I have but different your models and there is a newer than mine and theres are cracked ass bad as mine is

- , Russellville, Arkansas, USA

May 202009

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.7L

How about a recall on this, the Heavy Duty truck is crumbling in front of my eyes. Does not say much for the quality.

- , Alpharetta, Georgia (GA), USA

Aug 152009

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L

The same issues as all the other complaints, cracked and chipped up, blowing around hitting me in the face when windows are down. Pieces are falling down into the dash along with lost items. Shakes and makes a lot of noise so I have to turn the music up very loud and then I can't hear emergency vehicles coming. What a royal pain...

- , Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, USA

May 032005

Ram 2500 SLT Turbo Diesel

it is very unsuitable.The dashboard is cracking and making it an eyesore and dangerous when pieces break off and could fly into peoples' eyes.

- , Santa Fe, Texas, USA

Jul 052007

Ram 2500 5.7L Hemi

My dash started to crack above the passenger air bag about 5-6 years ago. I didn't do anything about it because it is super expensive to replace and no guarantee that the new dash wouldn't crack. Today, I have 5-6 different cracks along the dash, all straight through the dashboard, no spiderwebbing. Why won't Dodge do anything about a known defective plastic?

- , Hughson, CA, USA

Jul 112013

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L V8

click to see larger images

dashboard cracked

This truck is 10 years old, but just a couple months ago I noticed a small crack in the middle of the dash where the dash vent is. It's about 10 inches long now and covers the whole front section of the dashboard from front to back. Reading the other complaints I'm afraid this is only the beginning of a pretty big hassle. Luckily I got a good deal on this truck, I'll drive it till it dies and never again buy a Dodge product. For sure it will be a Ford truck next time I think!

- , Taber, Alberta, canada

Apr 042012

Ram 2500 Diesel

Just walked out to the truck and what do you see? I huge crack in the dashboard. Unacceptable for such a pricey vehicle.

- , Peyton, CO, USA

Sep 072013

Ram 2500 2500 5.7L Diesel

I HAVE A 2003 Dodge Ram. I have spent more on this truck than all my vehicles I have owned. This truck has been well taken care of ,always set inside. Only has 64,000 miles have spent a fortune on the front end. Now my dash is cracking. The only good thing about this truck is the engine its a Cummings. I was thinking about selling it now I need to fix the dash. I will go back to Chevy.

- , Floyds Knobs, IN, USA

Apr 132011

Ram 2500 5.7L V8

Started noticing cracks in the dashboard. We use a sun shade and leave the windows cracked so as not to over heat the interior. Hadn't been driven in 4-5 days when we noticed them.

- , Rosamond, CA, USA

Oct 142011

Ram 2500 LE Diesel

We were driving and a crack started in the middle of the dash and it got bigger as time went by untill it started falling in and pices broke off now you can see inside the dash. is there a recall for this? i hope so because it wont be cheap to replace and we just cant afford to get a new one.

- , Angleton, Texas, USA

Oct 012009

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Cummins

My dashboard has been gradually disintegrating over the past few years.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jun 152009

Ram 2500 HD 5.9L

I AM A RETIRED CHRYSLER EMP. (35 YEARS) RETIRED 07/90 DURING THOSE YEARS I WAS PROUD OWNER OF MANY CHRYSLER VEHICLES, CARS & TRUCKS

ONLY HAD ONE BIG PROBLEM THAT WAS ON 1984 TRUCK HAD LOUD CLANKING NOISE WHEN SHIFTING FROM FORWARD TO REV. COMPLAINED TO DEALER, THEY CHECKED TRAIN. and DRIVE SHAFT THEY WERE ALL IN OK. STILL VERY LOUD WHEN SHIFTING DEALER CALL CORP. THEY SENT A MAN FROM CORP. TO CHECK, HE FOUND EVER THING OK .

STILL HAD NOISE. I FOUND THE PRO. TO COST RED. LEFT OUT CARD BROAD TUBE IN DRIVE SHAFT.

PRESENT PRB. CRACKED DASH I HAVE GONE TO 2 DEALERS THEY SAY CORP. WILL NOT FIX NOT SAFETY PRO. CALL CORP.

CALLED CORP. VERY RUDE EMPLOYEE SAID NEVER HEAD ANY THING ABOUT IT.

- , Franklin, IN, USA

May 302008

Ram 2500 SLT Diesel

My dash cracked in 5 places on or about 5/08 . I had a dash cover installed to hide problem. The pieces of air vent fell into the duct system keeping the doors from operate properly for air conditioner and heater. Took off dash cover, took out dash, took out doors and replaced them. Reinstalled dash, a new dash cover and more air conditioner grill parts fall into duct work blocking air/heater operation. This is a bunch of bull sh*t. The middle of summer and the dam thing won't work. A class action lawsuit should be levied against Dodge. This is a big issue. I looked into replacing the entire dash but was told the problem would occur in about 5 years and that's the reason I thought I was taking the better path by not replacing dash. I was told they were still made in Taiwan and there was no solution. Before I actually had the work done I looked for a recall possibility and there was none.

My truck was purchased new October 2002, has 135000 miles on it and is absolutely mint condition except for the problem Of the dashboard.

- , Whitehouse, Texas, USA

Dec 052009

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L V8

I got my 03 truck used in 09 with under 50,000 miles on it and the dash was cracked already at that time.

I bought a dash cover to hide the cracks and when I go to clean the dash i have to be very careful not to push to hard or it cracks more or breaks.

- , Sandy Valley, NV, USA

Mar 122009

Ram 2500 Heavy Duty 3.7L Lt Hemi

I KNOW MANY DODGE OWNERS WITH SAME PROBLEM-----DODGE DEALER WANTED 1000$ TO FIX-----SEEMS EXPENSIVE FOR A PIECE OF PLASTIC----THE PLASTIC IS APPROX.5MM THICK IS REAL BRITTLE-CHUNKS THAT BREAK OFF ARE LIKE GLASS------E J

- , Kerrville, TEX, USA

Jul 032009

Ram 2500 Heavy Duty

TALK ABOUT SAFTEY, DASH FALLING APART PLASTIC BITS ALLOVER THE DAMN PLACE. FOAM FLYING IN MY EYES BREATHING THE STUFF IN, CAB IS FULL OF BITS OF FOAM DONT EVEN WANT TO TURN ON THE A/C BECAUSE ITS LITERALLY AN EYE SORE.

- , HILO, HAWAII, USA

Mar 182013

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

I took my Dodge Ram 2500 to the dealership for a coolant leak. After inspection, they told me the problem was my heater core is shot. They removed dash and replaced heater core. EVAC and recharge AC system, rechecked for leaks-OK verified operation-OK Road tested after all work was done-OK When removing the top dash cover it did crack due to being brittle. Service manager told me about it and said it would cost another $80 - $125 to fix and I told them they've had the car all weekend and couldn't afford to be without it because it is my only transportation to go to work.

Noticed this email from you and thought I would give it a try and see if I can get this taken care of without any charge to me. I don't like the fact that they weren't careful in removing the dashboard and I feel it should be their responsibility to stand behind their work.

- , Clovis, CA, USA

Oct 012007

Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel

This is a known issue and a safety concern for me. Several of the cracks that have developed have become so severe that the individual pieces of dash are now flying around the truck during heavy braking. God forbid we should ever be in an accident. When we explored our options for getting a used replacement dash, we were told that none exist that aren't already severely cracked. Other than the cosmetic issues, I really love my 2003 RAM and would have bought another if the company would have made this right. Instead, I am now the proud owner of a Brand new 2013 F-350 Diesel to the tune of over 60K. I will never buy another Dodge because of their horrible attitude toward their faults.

- , Lemoore, CA, USA