7.6

1. replace dashboard (56 reports)
  3. cover with a dashboard cover (10 reports)
  4. complain, complain, complain at dealer (9 reports)
  5. replace dash (6 reports)
  6. get a dashboard from online for 260 + shipping then diy (5 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

ERROR -- [ CarComplaints.com ]

There's been an error - Database connection not made: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Please click your browser's Back button to try again.

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Nov 292014

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L Ho Cummins Turbo

click to see larger images

dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked

WHILE THE COMPLAINT LISTS "DATE OCCURRED" AS 11/29/14, THIS IS NOT ACCURATE AS MY DASH HAS BEEN COVERED SINCE PURCHASED NEW WITH AN DASH-MAT "ULTIMAT" DASH BOARD COVER AND I JUST NOW BECAME AWARE OF THE CRACKING WHEN I REMOVED THE COVER FOR THE FIRST TIME TO VACUUM IT. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG AGO THE CRACKING OCCURRED. ADDITIONALLY, WHEN THE VEHICLE IS PARKED, A COVERCRAFT UVS100 ULTRAVIOLET SHEILD IS PLACED IN THE WINDSHEILD, LIKEWISE, THIS HAS BEEN DONE SINCE THE VEHICLE WAS NEW FOR THE VERY PURPOSE OF PREVENTING THE DASH FROM CRACKING.

- , Wimberley, TX, USA

Feb 032014

Ram 2500 HD 5.7L Diesel

I can not believe Dodge would put a cheep piece of crap dash in a $32,000 truck! The dash in my truck started to crack and then it really got bad, with pieces of the dash falling down into the internal parts of the dash area. What can be done about getting Dodge to have a recall on this problem? I know several on my friends have the same problem with their trucks. I know my truck is out of warranty, but this is a manufacturing defect that should be corrected by Dodge. There is no way a dash should crack and fall apart under normal use, no matter how old the vehicle might be. What kind of engineers would design something so sorry? Come on Dodge step up to the plate and fix your mistake of producing a piece of crap dash and have a re-call to fix your problem that is if expect to ever sell me another vehicle.

- , Pipe Creek, TX, USA

Aug 112014

Ram 2500 SLT V8 Hemi

I have kept my 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 in the garage until 2012 then out side after that. As the months go by the dash and top cover piece has slowly started to crack and now after several months later It is a total disaster. Pieces of plastic blowing out of the defrost vents and in my face. This is so very dangerous

- , Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

Aug 012009

Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel

The dashboard cracked all over and the pieces started falling into the air vents and down below the dash. Lots of vibration noise after the dashboard broke up.

- , Wylie, TX, USA

Apr 132013

Ram 2500 SLT 6.0L Cummins

My dash is cracking all over the place. The first crack that I noticed I thought must have been something that I did, that I didn't realize I had done. Well, I was wrong. Now I have at least 6 cracks in my dash and small pieces have blown off and hit me in the face while running my defroster on high speed during the winter months. I can't believe that dodge has not recalled this as a safety issue. It has cracked around the passenger airbag, god help them if this doesn't deploy correctly in an accident. I guess that pieces breaking off and hitting passengers is not a safety issue. Wow, here Dodge goes again. Don't recall problems cause it will cost to much money to repair, well instead. Loose customers and loose money when people don't purchase your vehicles. I guess its your choice. If Dodge doesn't step up and repair some of their known problems, I will definitely no longer be a Dodge customer and the power of speech will probably keep family and friends from doing the same.

- , Spokane, WA, USA

Jun 102013

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

My dashboard on my 2003 ram began cracking about a year ago it continues to crack in different places over time. it will have to be replaced soon. the cost at the dealer is very expensive & after market dashes are not cheap either. I don't understand why this happened so soon. I had a 1979 ford which also cracked after 30 years. I expected to keep this truck a long time, but it seems to be falling apart. It also has several other issues.

- , Shenandoah Jct., WV, USA

Jul 232014

Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel

The Dash on my 03 Ram 2500 5.9 diesel has literally has fallen in on itself. Very large sections of the dash have broken off and have become a safety concern. For example, if an accident were to occur causing the airbag to deploy, pieces of projectile shrapnel would be thrown all over the cab of the truck. I've been in contact with Dodge, and nothing will be done about this issue because the truck is "out-of-warranty" and is considered "normal wear and tear". The particular customer service representative I spoke to copped an attitude with me and refused to connect me to a supervisor, citing that it "is not a supervisor issue".

I do not know where to go from here. Does an accident have to happen in which people are maimed by pieces of the dash have to occur in order for Dodge to do anything? I really would hate to see my wife with pieces of plastic sticking out of her face and skull because this problem was not handled in an appropriate manner.

- , Eagle, CO, USA

Oct 092013

Ram 2500 LT 5.7L Cummins

A great vehicle and I have heard the complaints and have the cracked dash as well. The Cummins is well worth the money and have had very few other issues with an otherwise great Ram truck. Two very large cracks on the piece closest to the windshield.

- , Ranger, GA, USA

Jun 012014

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L

Dash cracked last week after the truck wasn't driven over the weekend. Contacted Dodge and they are unwilling to help even though there are thousands of complaints on the internet, where's the recall at?

- , Puyallup, WA, USA

Sep 132012

Ram 2500 Heavy Duty 5.9L Cummins

I have never owned a car that the dash has cracked all over before. Dodge is aware of this problem and does not seem to care about making it right. I hope I never have a collision where the sharp pieces of plastic go flying around the cab causing injuries.

- , Katy, Texas, USA

May 042014

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

My dash has fallen to pieces. It has little sharp jagged edges. That is a bad problem and could cause serious injury. Also now my airbag light is on and I can't get it repaired because the dash has to come out and it will fall to pieces! I've filed complaints with NHTSA and Dodge. Dodge told me that it is not safe to drive but they won't help me pay for the dash to be replaced. So as far as I'm concerned they are telling me they don't care about the safety of their customers. I'm still trying to get help through the dealership so we will see what happens.

- , Dyersburg, TN, USA

Feb 012007

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L

I call Dodge back when the dash had originally cracked and they told me that it was my problem and I would have to pay to have it fixed. I waited a few more years and they said that they would pay for the dash and I would have to pay for the labor. Now they say that won't cover anything again it my problem. I was told that they would probably have a recall and they have not. I guess that owning a lots of dodge truck and being loyal don't count for nothing!! I currently own a 2003 quad cab 5.9 silver and a 2006 5.9 mega cab silver and was wanting to see about the new 2014 3.0 1500 diesel but don't know if I'll buy one because when they have problems they just try to put it off on their customers. The diesels are suppose to last a long time but the truck itself is not holding up. I currently have door locks that don't work and air conditioning that works but is all jammed up because of dash debris causing air to blow chunks of dash out at you and doesn't let the air flow correctly out the vents. Not to mention the fix for going into park consist of a blowing horn at 4am when I get up to go shrimping in the mornings. My 06 has blinker lights problems. When you put the right blinker on the left may blink not work at all or all lights start blinking. I just love the way dodge horn blows at 4am if the door is open and you in reverse. I just love the way Dodge is handling things!!! My problem!!! I am going to file with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) also. What a bunch of runaround. Both my brothers own 2005 5.9 Cummings P/U's and I own 2. You would think with loyalty and ownership they would want to help their customers instead of denying it and saying it's your problem!! I am very disappointed in the way their customer satisfaction works. I have owned Cummings P/U's since 89 all 5.9 and have been overall happy but the newer ones just seem to have to many problems with cheap import material installed and the dodge company, not caring if you want to buy from them again or not. Now I know why so many foreign cars are being sold in America, because there cars are not just falling apart. Maybe I'll have to be one of those also. I don't see cars lined up to be fixed as much suppose to be American made cars are!! I am through now!! God Bless!! Kyle Kimball

- , Nederland, TX, USA

Apr 122011

Ram 2500 LS Cummins

Dashboard cracking all over. Pieces have fallen into the vents and causing problems there. Dodge does not consider this due to faulty material or manufacturing. Get real Dodge, this is a wide spread problem and is causing lost sales.

- , Baird, TX, USA

Mar 122008

Ram 2500 SLY 6.2L

Dash has crack so bad over the years since 2008 i am afraid to drive it anymore because I'm afraid a piece might come off and hit me in the face while driving with the windows down and make me have a wreck. Chrysler needs to get this problem fixed immediately I have other family members that has the same truck that I have but different your models and there is a newer than mine and theres are cracked ass bad as mine is

- , Russellville, AR, USA

May 202009

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.7L

How about a recall on this, the Heavy Duty truck is crumbling in front of my eyes. Does not say much for the quality.

- , Alpharetta, Georgia (GA), USA

Aug 152009

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9L

The same issues as all the other complaints, cracked and chipped up, blowing around hitting me in the face when windows are down. Pieces are falling down into the dash along with lost items. Shakes and makes a lot of noise so I have to turn the music up very loud and then I can't hear emergency vehicles coming. What a royal pain...

- , Indian Rocks Beach, FL, USA

Oct 312013

Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel

Two large cracks extending from the front of the dash to the rear. This truck is kept in the garage when not driven. I use a sun shade when away from home.

- , Bandera, TX, USA

May 032005

Ram 2500 SLT Turbo Diesel

it is very unsuitable.The dashboard is cracking and making it an eyesore and dangerous when pieces break off and could fly into peoples' eyes.

- , Santa Fe, TX, USA

Jul 052007

Ram 2500 5.7L Hemi

My dash started to crack above the passenger air bag about 5-6 years ago. I didn't do anything about it because it is super expensive to replace and no guarantee that the new dash wouldn't crack. Today, I have 5-6 different cracks along the dash, all straight through the dashboard, no spiderwebbing. Why won't Dodge do anything about a known defective plastic?

- , Hughson, CA, USA

Jul 112013

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L V8

click to see larger images

dashboard cracked

This truck is 10 years old, but just a couple months ago I noticed a small crack in the middle of the dash where the dash vent is. It's about 10 inches long now and covers the whole front section of the dashboard from front to back. Reading the other complaints I'm afraid this is only the beginning of a pretty big hassle. Luckily I got a good deal on this truck, I'll drive it till it dies and never again buy a Dodge product. For sure it will be a Ford truck next time I think!

- , Taber, Alberta, canada