1.8

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jul 312011

Ram 2500 8-cyl

I was repairing a part under the dash, the dash shattered. We found several other statements online that stated this was a defective part. I feel this is a problem because I could shatter and injure the driver or passengers.

- Alabama, AL, USA

Nov 022010

Ram 2500 6-cyl

I was driving down the road and turned on the heater in my truck and the windshield immediately fogged up to the point I could not see. I had to roll down the window to see out and to pull over to the side of the road to avoid a head on collision. Once I was stopped I noticed the problem was no matter what position I set the defrost or heat on, the air only blew out the vents on the dash panel. I went to the Dodge dealer and they told me the whole dash had to come out of my truck, drain the cooling system and air conditioning system to replace some broken plastic parts, costing around $1,500 to $2,000. After researching this problem on line, I have found numerous people, all with the same problem. I feel this is a safety hazard because within 5 seconds my vision was completely obstructed and could have not only resulted in my death but that of someone else. This truck almost killed me once when it jumped into reverse and almost ran over me. Yes they ended up creating a recall for this problem, but that did not pay to repair my truck or my neighbors house that my truck ran into. I think it is unfair for us as consumers to continue to pay for Dodge's flawed engineering. They have a tsb on this problem so they are completely aware of it.

- Kathleen, GA, USA

Aug 012003

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500. Shortly after the vehicle was purchased, the contact stated that the air conditioner failed to blow cold air. The dealer replaced the recirculation air assembly. The current mileage was 63,879 and failure mileage was 4,800.

- Cathaline , GA, USA