2003 Dodge Ram 2500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Mar 312009

Ram 2500 2500HD 5.9L Diesel

I have had a problem with my brakes coming on sporadically. I have checked the power steering cap, and it had pressure. I also cleaned the cap. I have installed new fluid in brakes, and bled them, but still the same problem exists. It has been at the shop once without resolution. Not sure how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Found contaminated fluid was cause. heat was causing seals to expand and not release the master cylinder, even though

the pedal was coming back all the way.

- , Fair Oaks, CA, USA

Aug 262007

Ram 2500 5.9L DIESEL

This happened a few times before, I took it back to Chrysler, they changed the calipers and brake pads. THIS SIS NOT FIX IT. 4hrs and only 10miles after I piked my truck up from the shop, I was going 50mph down the road and they locked up again and I came to a stop! I never even touched the brakes! why is this happening????

- , Kenai, AK, USA

Aug 262007

Ram 2500 5.9L DIESEL

The brakes would come on magically when driving down the road. I never touched the brakes, they did it on their own. I took it back to Chrysler and they changed the calipers and brake pads.

- , Kenai, AK, USA