1.4

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jan 292016

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500. While driving 50 mph, the power steering fluid leaked out and the steering wheel became difficult to turn and the brake pedal stiffened. The contact replaced the power steering pump seven times. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 303,549. Updated 04/13/16

- Diamond, MO, USA

Aug 152015

Ram 2500

All brake lines are rusted through causing a brake failure

- Colchester, CT, USA

Mar 012013

Ram 2500 6-cyl

The Dodge Ram 2500 truck has a cummins diesel engine with common rail fuel injection. March 2013 while on a trip pulling a trailer, the number 5 & 6 fuel injector lines were severely rusted / corroded which resulted in a bad fuel leak. I lost close to 30 gallons of diesel fuel in 40 miles driving distance. The under hood and underbody of the truck was coated in fuel. Vehicles behind me had some fuel spray as well. It was smoking bad behind me due to the fuel being on the exhaust system. I had a Dodge dealer replace two of the six fuel injector lines. No choice. The dealer also cleaned the underbody. Once I returned home from the trip, I had a different Dodge dealer replace the other four injector lines. If this was a gas engine, the truck would've burned to the ground. Now, November 2014, I see the brake lines from the master cylinder to the ABS brake controller are also severely rusted / corroded. They are not leaking yet. It is just a matter of time. I will have them replaced prior to taking any trips, and will have the brake system completely flushed too. Pulling a trailer with the truck and losing the brake system could prove to be fatal. The truck now has 96000 miles, and is always parked inside a garage. These lines should not have corroded so badly, even in Minnesota.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Nov 022012

Ram 2500 8-cyl

Driving in the mountains on dirt road heard horrible sounds in the front of truck. Noticeably louder and very concerned to driving the truck any more, my two small children and I 9 months pregnant are very lucky. Made to our home 15 miles away. I called mechanic and truck was in the shop next day.

- Plymouth, CA, USA

Feb 012013

Ram 2500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving various speeds and depressing the brakes, the vehicle would jerk to the right. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where they advised the contact that they were unable to duplicate the failure. As a precaution, the brakes were replaced. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was approximately 100,000. The current mileage was approximately 104,000. Updated 4/24/13 the consumer stated the vehicle was repaired after replacing bushings, power steering gear box, and idler arms. Updated 06/4/2013.

- N Brunswick, NJ, USA

Jun 212011

Ram 2500

On a road trip I was driving on a highway at 65 mph and I hit a small light decal that delineates the lines on the road and my truck began to shake violently and so severely that I nearly lost control. Braking did not stop the shaking, not accelerating until it slowed to about 35 mph did stop the shaking. I pulled over immediately because I was terrified that it would happen again. Since I was in the middle of nowhere I decided that I would drive again but at a slower pace. This time I drove at 55 mph and when it hit a tiny bump again it began to shake horribly again. And once again I was stressed beyond belief that I was barely able to control this truck. This continues to happen at high speeds and if there is any ruffness on the road. Please recall these trucks and fix them. I paid alot of money for a truck that I thought would be good quality and now I am stuck with a piece of junk that I cannot drive faster than 35 mph for fear that I will kill myself or someone else. And I refuse to sell this lemon to some other poor soul.

- Mission Hills, CA, USA