8.0

2. replace door electrical wiring harnesses (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Sep 202013

Ram 2500 SLT 6.0L Cummins

My door electrical wiring for the power windows, door locks, and only rear door speakers stopped working. Further investigation found that the electrical wiring harness in the door jam that passes through the protective rubber tubing all where broken in the center of the tube. I repaired them with solder and shrink tubing which lasted about 6 months. This is a total pain, key fob does not unlock rear doors, rear windows don't function, speakers crack and stop working. I am concerned that this problem is going to start shorting out electrical systems and/or start a fire. I refuse to purchase new wiring harnesses as from what I have read, they will have the same problem in time. Dodge needs to figure this out and fix our rigs. I have always been a cummins man, but I am soon going to become a duramax man. Dodge is going to lose many more customers if they don't start taking care of them.

- , Spokane, WA, USA

Feb 092010

Ram 2500 2500HD 5.9L

Occassionally the a/c blower and turn signals would not work when I started my vehicle. If I re-tilted my steering wheel, they would begin to work again. I discovered after removing the panel below the steering column and jiggled the connection of wires, both would begin working again. What a pain to have to do this while driving.

- , Andrews, TX, USA