2. replace the plenum doors (2 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 2500:

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Nov 012014

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

Removing the dash is just ridiculous. There is no reason for this other than cheap parts.

- , Sandy Hook, CT, USA

Nov 282012

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

I have to let my dodge ram 2500 warm up like ten minutes because I have no defroster and the windshield fogs up while going down the road. No defrost and no heat down by my feet. Could up please help?

- , Owosso, MI, USA

Jun 012008

Ram 2500 SLT

I went to Brewbaker Dodger here in Montgomery and they would fix it but the price was going to be over $1,000.00 and I just didn't have that to spend on a problem that they had already fixed once while it was under warranty.

- , Montgomery, AL, USA

Nov 102011

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

no defrost or floor heat;just in your face heat from dash. had same problem 2 years after new but fixed under warranty.Dealer now out of business of course and winter is coming. Iv'e read that this is a common problem with the rams and not a cheap fix but definitely a safety issue that Dodge should recall if they had any stones at all! At 1200.00 to 1500.00 I'll be making some polish duct work taping off my dash heat to get through winter. I'm 1/2 polish so I can 1/2 ass this. At three times what my parents house cost I'd be hard pressed to buy any of the junk out there.Had 3 chevs 2 fords 1st dodge; all with there own quirks but this is ridiculous.At least the dodge is easy on the eyes but so is a hooker and they both have the same moral fiber! I'm Done

- , Woodstock, IL, USA