4.5

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 2500:

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Oct 092006

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

Your NHTSA recall on my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 has caused problems. It is the one that is supposed to alert anyone if the trucks slips out of P and into R by mistake. What is actually does is honk the horn at random time while backing up. I haul a lot of trailer including a 5th rv. You can't imagine the annoyance this causes. It is actually as dangerous as the fix. In my case I was backing up a trailer in a tight area and all of a sudden the horn starts honking. Startled, I turned the wheel just enough to catch my mirror on a tree. I think you will have more property damage and injuries by your "fix" than, the way it was. Please send the Dodge dealers a software option to restore the old way or at lease have the horn just honk once. Your fix has created a very annoying and dangerous problem. Thanks, john.

- Richland, MI, USA