1. rewire lights (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 2500:

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Oct 012013

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.7L V8

Headlights randomly do not function. Multiple times, individual lights have not worked when turned on. Sometimes it's the left low beam or it may be the right high beam. Sometimes they all work. It does not appear to have anything to do with the switch and I have replaced the bulbs and checked connections. I also checked the TIPM connection. All looks good.

My current fix for the problem is, I have completely rewired the low beam circuit from the battery to fuse to relay to lights. The relay is triggered by the fog lights so I can keep a stock appearance in the cab. I have not yet had any issues with the fog lights. At least now I know the low beams are reliable and they are generally bright enough especially since I have to have the fog lights on to make them function.

- , Newnan, GA, USA