2.5

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 2500:

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Feb 242004

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

With normal driving the upper and lower front ball joints went out of my truck within the first 60,000 miles, then 20,000 miles later I am having to replace a lower ball joint again in addition to a wheel bearing/hub assembly. In talking to other Dodge owners and the shop that did my repair work I have found that this is a very common problem with Dodge trucks, in fact the ball joints were back-ordered when I had them repaired the first time. Worn out ball joints make the truck unsafe to drive and cause uneven wear on tires - meaning that I keep having to replace tires as well.

- Greenwood, MO, USA