3.2

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Ram 2500:

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Mar 192007

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

2005 Dodge diesel truck under warranty. One day the truck stalled out. Took it to anniston Lincoln Dodge of anniston al. They had it for 16 days. They called and said the lift pump was the problem and was replaced under warranty. Next they called and said replacing the lift pump did not resolve the problem. Next they said they were stumped and had referred it to Chrysler. Chrysler told them it was contaminated fuel and recommended replacement of the entire fuel system. The dealer gave me a parts list totaling $11,000. Before I committed to a large project like that, I requested that a fuel sample be taken and analyzed. The dealer said they did not do that and did not know where it could be done. The truck still had a fuel priming problem that was not addressed. They said if the fuel system was going to be replaced anyway; the priming problem would be repaired. They charged me $1700 for their efforts. I decided to take the truck to bill stafford Pontiac-Cadillac-GMC of talladega al. This was the dealership where I had purchased the truck. They had the truck for 17 days. An $11,000 repair warranted a second opinion to at least confirm the path forward on the repair. I also requested a fuel sample be taken, but they also said that they did not do that and did not know where fuel could be analyzed. Bill stafford had the truck for 17 days. During this time, they eliminated fuel contamination as the problem. Their diagnosis was that there was a fuel priming problem. They then informed me they did not have the tools for repair or further diagnosis I was welcome to come and tow my truck someplace else. They did not charge me anything for their efforts. Next I took it to miller-sutherlin automall of pell city, al. The truck was at this dealer for 10 days and they called me to come and get my truck because I was wasting their time. It already had a star case #9258138 (a result from the first repair attempt) for contaminated fuel.

- Lincoln, AL, USA