7.3

$1,250.00

2. buy a stabilizer (1 reports)
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Ram 2500:

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Apr 162014

Ram 2500 ST 5.7L

This is my 3rd steering box already, but not the box. The steering is so loose, i look like a candidate for a DUI! A big bump, pot holes and even the expansion joints on bridges seem to trigger the death wobble.

Pitman arm going into steering box is loose and there's no fix because it, itself needs to be stabilized. I need to go to a store and see what they've got in the way of bracket that runs the length and holds everything tight from back and forth to side to side. Dodge has known about this since at least 2006 and ford (f150's +) for over 20 yrs.!! the steering linkage recall did NOT solve the problem.

I've spent a lot of money and time on this throughout the years and it's gotten worse. this is the only solution i haven't tried, so... here we go: dodgeramsteeringstabilizer.com seems to have the right idea.good luck to all.

It really bums me out Dodge wont acknowledge their problems for the consumer. I also have the 2008 6.7 thats sitting w/ a cracked block w/ less than 30,000 mi.! They would not repair UNDER WARRANTY! Thanx dodge! After we bailed you out, you filed bankruptcy, so i guess u owe us nothing? The LLC needs to look into their dealerships as well! I wont let them touch my trucks anymore! I'm tired of being called a liar, and because i'm female i don't know what I'm talking about! AND " the other shop (smog) must've done you a favor"... DISGUSTED! I service and run heavy equipment 9 mo. out of the year. I don't know everything but obviously know more than their 'qualified' mechanics!!

Anyway, i hope i can help someone nail down some parts that need to be addressed. just get under that front end and check everything for anything loose, down to ball joints and bearings, bushings,steering box,linkage assembly,tie rods,stabilizer links,sway bar ,etc.. this is actually more common on lifted trucks w/oversized tires but not necessarily. tighten, and replace, but w/ beefed up parts!

- , Springville, CA, USA

May 192013

Ram 2500 Diesel

Driving today, after spending $1500 to fix this death wobble, the same thing occured as with many others. The whole truck shook out of control, hard to hold the steering wheel, anything in the cab was thrown around. Going approx 65 mph, hit a small bump. My niece with me said, geez I guess we have a flat tire. No flat just the death wobble. Luckily there was not a lot of traffic and we were able to slow down to about 25 mph and the truck straightened out. This is crazy and not acceptable. I would like to trade in the vehicle, but would not want anyone else to have this happen to them.

- , Draper, UT, USA

Aug 202011

Ram 2500 HD 5.7L Hemi

The recall in Canada is a look to see if it needs replacing at the owners expense. The fix is to put the 1 ton steering system in to replace the one that the truck comes with. The drop bar off the pit man and the cross link and shock system from the 1 ton as well.Have to run 60 PSI in the front tires. So the door decale at 50 PSI is now void. Not very happy about this. The problem was Death wobble at under 100 kms/ 58 Mpr. I talked to customer service in Canada, and they said they were sorry for the inconvenience. But there's nothing they can do. Ha Ha. Not a problem I told them. I'll fix it myself with out there help. Dodge doesn't have my vote. Don

- , Lacombe, Alberta, Canada