2005 Dodge Ram 2500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Ram 2500:

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Sep 192010

Ram 2500

Death wobble after hitting a bump.

- Johnson City, NY, USA

May 022010

Ram 2500

I have a 05 Dodge Ram and I snapped my axle for the second time! the first time I did it I slid into a curb and snapped the end of my axle clean off with the whole brake system still attached to rim and tire which was completely intact. All hit had damaged on it was a scratch on the rim. I thought it was a freak accident so I took care of it myself and purchased the same exact axle. A couple weeks ago I was driving on a flat dirt road at about thirty miles per hour when a coyote ran out in front of me. To Dodge it I swirved into a dry up mud rut which is usually no big deal to drive into but when I went into it my truck quickly turned sideways then whipped me back around in the direction I was heading in. I got out of my truck and saw that my driver side wheel ripped completely off! I went around to the passenger side and saw that my axle was snapped in the exact same way that I did it the first time! like somebody cut it off with a knife! I was furious to see this so that next weed I called Dodge and complained because one time is a freak accident but two. The man told me he has never heard of an axle breaking and that is not suppose to happen and my warranty should cover it. Dodge sent out a warranty adjuster to look at my vehicle and after that I got a letter in the mail saying that they will not warranty it becauce the damage was do to impact. I researched the web and found daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com and saw alot of bad info on Chrysler vehicles. I even saw a video of my exact same truck with its axle snapped just like mine was! I also read that Dodge has problems with there axles shearing/hubs seperating causing wheels to fall off! Chrysler lied to me saying that they've never heard of axles braking when it clearly shows on that website that they have this problem and do nothing about and refuse to fix there broken products. These vehicles are dangerous and something needs to be done about. Its been a month and my knee is still swollen.

- Mountain Home, ID, USA

May 182010

Ram 2500 4WD Diesel

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4X4 truck experiences frequent sudden loss of control due to front wheel shimmy (death wobble). Received recall notice but dealer stated my vehicle is not included in that recall. There is a tsb (22-005-006)on it but it should be a recall.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Sep 302009

Ram 2500

I own a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 and am constantly experiencing what is known as the death wobble. This is when the front end starts shaking violently, to the point where the vehicle loses all control. This happens every time I hit a bump, pothole, bridge, anything in the road. This is experienced at speeds of 30mph and above. I experience this issue about once a week. I am not the only one with this issue, there are hundreds and hundreds of people online that are experiencing this issue. The issue is none of them know to file a complaint on here to get the ball rolling against daimler Chrysler.

- Stafford, VA, USA

May 172006

Ram 2500

Dodge death wobble...2005 Dodge 2500 driving at highway speeds, hit a bump in the road or a bridge and the front end shakes violently.

- Athens , TX, USA

Sep 022007

Ram 2500 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

I was driving on an access road with my wife when a vehicle pulled out in front of me. I hit the brakes to avoid hitting the other vehicle. I maintained control of our vehicle and stayed in the same lane not hitting anything, but we heard a pop and the vehicle started shaking making it hard to control. I could not keep the steering wheel straight anymore. Then we smelled a burning odor and heard something scraping the ground. We pulled over and saw that the 4 wheel drive shaft was hanging down. We then talked with the service advisor and he informed us in his opinion that this was the result of an accident and we would have to file under our insurance. We looked at the damage and saw a small dent in the front differential casing, broken drive shaft, two suspension arms bent, and dent in oil pan from the axle being pushed back. We informed the service advisor that we did not hit any vehicle or any objects in the roadway. We are not going to make a false claim on our insurance for something that is a manufacturing defect with the truck. The service advisor believes that we hit something which made the small dent in the differential casing and this caused all the other damage described above. There is no way a small dent in the differential casing could cause all the damage that occurred. This dent could have occurred from a rock hitting it; it is a very small dent. If we would of hit something, there probably would have been damage to the front bumper and transmission as well which sits lower than the differential. Also, if we hit the differential, which is made from aluminum, there probably there would have been a substantial amount of damage to it. His theory does not make sense to us. We believe there could be a defect with the suspension bars on my vehicle. Also the drive shaft could have catapulted us causing a serious collision and injuries to us.

- Leander, TX, USA