2006 Dodge Ram 2500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Nov 162016

Ram 2500

Multiple repairs to the front end suspension of the vehicle, to the point that we are now paying for the repairs and the dealership denying they replaced the most recent track bar on the truck and blame the tires on the truck. I am really tired of running off into a ditch after hitting a bump in the road or steer to miss a pothole. Just fix the truck correctly and stop making excuses telling us it is our tires when it is a 4X4 and they cannot put more sturdy parts on the front end or take blame for the steering shaft and gear box when these have been recalled under the death wobble. Hub assembly had to be replaced on this truck as well. Trying to turn the vehicle into a parking spot and constantly having to back into a space. This death wobble has gone too far. As far as the electrical they cannot find why the dashboard keeps flickering and we keep blowing fuses or bulbs. It is really getting annoying with this truck and all the repairs which we have had to do this vehicle, and yet take responsibility for it.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Jul 172016

Ram 2500

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 that has a couple issues. The latest is no left low beam. There is no fuse to change either. From my research, it appears that it is the tipm that will need to be replaced. This all happened after pulling my trailer. During that time, my ABS and brake light came on and. Also, I have the notorious "death wobble." I have spent over $4,000 on steering component repairs, which include 3 gear boxes and 2 power steering pumps in less than two years, tire rods, pitman arm, etc. I am taking my truck back to the shop tomorrow to have my ujoints replaced, all new shocks, and the ABS/brake sensor replaced for $1,100. I guess my next repair will be the tipm to fix the headlight issue at what I gather to be around the $1,000 mark. When will Dodge fix these issues? the "death wobble" and tipm seem to be the most common complaint.

- Bremerton, WA, USA

Aug 072016

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. While making a turn, the trailer lights did not illuminate. The failure occurred without warning. The dealer diagnosed that the tipm malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 100,000.

- Springtown, TX, USA

Oct 302015

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the heater and air conditioner were not working. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer where it was diagnosed that the heater box fractured and needed to be replaced at cost. The manufacturer referred the contact to NHTSA and stated that there were no failures. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 163,000.

- Sieldon, IL, USA

Jan 072015

Ram 2500

I have a 2006 Ram 2500 I hooked up some trailer lights and now I have no low beam headlights. There is no codes showing on repair shops reader (I have no dealer available where I live). The internet has tons of complaints about the tipm and how it shuts down if it draws too many amps. Well you would think a fuse would be used for that and not have to replace a $1000 computer board. Right now I can only drive during daylight hours or only with the high beams. Customers should not have to pay over a $1000 to fix a faulty design. Dodge should have to create a fix or repair our vehicles.

- Petersburg, AK, USA

Dec 312015

Ram 2500

I have turn signals on my 2006 Dodge Ram 2500, but I do not have functioning trailer brake or signal lights through the factory installed towing package. This is the same problem no matter which trailer I am pulling. Checking for voltage states that there is low voltage due to the tpim. This occurred at 84,000. Also, while the vehicle is running the igination key can be pulled out. $1,000 is alot to repair a towing package and I do not know how long this would last.

- Graniteville, SC, USA

Sep 012015

Ram 2500

I own a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The turn signals on the vehicle malfunction. When signaling a left turn, the right turn signal would flash, or both hazards would flash, or sometimes they would not work at all, then all of a sudden would start misfiring again. There are 85,000 miles on my truck.

- Oakley, CA, USA

Oct 102015

Ram 2500

The truck will not power the left stop lamp or signal lamp on any of my trailers; however, the left signal and stop lamp on the truck work perfectly. Dodge dealer indicated that the problem was in the truck's tipm which does not have a fuse for that portion of the trailer's lighting and burned out internally. Dealership indicated that the only way to repair is to replace the tipm which costs $1026. Dealership also indicated that this is a major problem on this vehicle which they have seen before. There is nothing to indicate that the trailer lamps aren't working except to physically observe them. This tipm also controls numerous other things in the truck and info from the dealership and internet searches indicate there are many serious problems occurring due to them malfunctioning. These are defective units that should be recalled. Consumers should not have to pay over $1000 to make a simple light function, or deal with a worse problem.

- Alma, WI, USA

Oct 142015

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the turn signals on the vehicle needed to be repaired. When signaling a left turn, the right turn signal would flash. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 128,000.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Oct 132015

Ram 2500

Turn signal will flash the opposite signal than the direction you desire. Example, turning on the left turn single will cause the right turn signal to flash, and vise versa, as well as causing the emergency signals to activate. I am unable to indicate to other drivers my correct direction of turn while driving in traffic or at a signal light, stop sign, merging, changing lanes, ect..

- Tyler, TX, USA

Feb 182015

Ram 2500

I was driving down the road and the engine started dying then taking back off, then all of a sudden the speed odometer dropped to zero wouldnt come back up while I was still moving, then the ABS light the check enging light and the brake light and washer fluid light all came on and I lost power to the tail lights head lights and the windows started rooling up and down by them selves. When I got home and turned off the truck I called the dealer and they said that it was the tipm and it would have to be replaced. They said the trailer I was pulling must of had a short and thats what caused it. I told them that I wasnt pulling a trailer and they called me a liar and hung up on me the windows continued to roll up and down untill the batt was disconnected. The next morning I then hooked the battery back up and it all worked fine. No problem a couple weeks later it started again finall found a short in the light control on the right tail light replaced the part that holds the bulbs and the problem corrected itself. Now it has since started doing it all again but will not reset itself I contacted the dealer and they said that the tipm would reset itself five times then would have to be replaced. The veh was not pulling a trailer when this happened and the only trailer I pull with it has the lighting package working fine on all trucks I hook it to but not this one. Please get the Dodge company to recall these peices of junk im tired of paying 1200 dollars to replace a bunch of parts to find out its their piece of junk tipm causing all the problems.

- Scottsville, KY, USA

Sep 012015

• 1,550,000 miles
When switching on a turn signal, both lights flash or nothing happens. Wipers fail or work sporadically. Wipers don't work when I need them to and causes me to not drive in the rain. The blinkers work half the time and almost causes someone to hit my truck because they thought I was turning right when I had the blinker to turn left.

- Fort White, FL, USA

Aug 202015

Ram 2500

Upon restarting my 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, my ABS light and parking brake light came on after driving a few short moments, I also noticed that speedometer indicator was not working but the vehicle RPM indicator was. Causing myself some concern I checked my brakes and noticed I had a hard brake pedal when applied but was still able to stop. I contacted my local dealership and took my vehicle in for service for this issue and recall notice concerning the drivers air bag inflator. I was contacted back by my service adviser, asking for approval for additional two hours of diagnoses time due to the fact his mechanic could not find the problem.I was notified at end of the day that the issue was found to be faulty power distribution center, output failed for circuit F202 unable to recover tipm thru reconfiguration. No pdc available thru parts at this time, fabricated jumper lead to to circuit F202 from fuse 28 in pdc. This is a temporary fix customer advised to replace pdc asap current price $917 additional 1.5 hrs labor to install and program unit. Total hours for diagnosis was 3 hours at a cost of $315 to customer. I believe this should investigated by the NHTSA as a on going concern and for consideration of a issuing a new safety recall for this issue.

- Warren , MI, USA

Aug 112015

Ram 2500

I have owned this vehicle since new and only use for 6 weeks a year at our vacation home. I have had steering/engine[injectors]/driveline issues but biggest concern is the tipm. I made the mistake and plugged in the boat trailer and then the left low beam went out. Took to dealer for a reflash and they were able to make the headlights work but now have the turn signal issue. They informed me I need another tipm so since I have bought 1 already[off warranty] I am hoping with all the complaints, Fiat/Ram will issue a recall as this is a safety issue" I turn left and the right indicator comes on??"I would rather have no low beam than this issue. I will never own a Fiat vehicle due to my past and current issues with the tipm in this 2006 Dodge Ram [made in Mexico] 2500 laramie with a 5.9 cummins....

- St Albert , AA, USA

Jun 062015

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the turn signals and brake lights malfunctioned on the trailers attached to the vehicle. The contact mentioned that no warning indicators illuminated. The contact stated that the failure occurred at any speed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the amperage was incorrect and needed to be reset. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 83,000. The VIN was not available. Updated 12/03/15

- Portsmouth, AR, USA

Jul 312015

Ram 2500

Five pin trailer electrical connection corrodes w cap cover in place. The turn signals, head lights, wipers, brake lights, back up lights, interior lights, dash instruments will not operate correctly. Head lights may not turn off. Dealer cut connection five pin off, put electrical tape on the exposed wire ends. Would have required to replace the entire wire harness. Repaired, the connection with a new spliced 5 pin connection purchased from a locl hardware store.

- Ransomville, NY, USA

Jun 012012

Ram 2500

When I activate left turn signal the right turn signal activates. When I activate the right turn signal it operates correctly. Also doesn't seem to happen when tilt steering is in up position only when tilt steering is in down position. Also windshield wipers have stopped working mid rotation. Then started working again in a short time period. I believe these problems are related.

- Bartlett, IL, USA

Jan 302015

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V795000 (air bags) and 15V313000 (electrical system); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact experienced what was described in the recall, for the last two years. MA 08/10/15 updated 08/18/15

- Silver Spring, NV, USA

Apr 182015

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. Another vehicle cut in front of the contact's vehicle causing the contact to lose control and veer off the road. As a result, the contact crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries that did not require medical attention. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact stated that the parts were not available for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V817000 (air bags) and 14V795000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 32,000. Updated 6/8/15

- Elmira, NY, USA

Apr 092015

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V795000 (electrical system) and 14V817000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Carson City , NV, USA