2006 Dodge Ram 2500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Dec 182009

Ram 2500

Multifunction switch controlling the turn signals on my 2006 Dodge 2500 megacab went bad. It turns on the incorrect signal, or both signals then trying to use the turn signals. From searching the internet, this is a very common problem.

- Plain City, UT, USA

Sep 122009

Ram 2500

The turn signals fail to function correctly, intermittently. Sometimes, when putting on the right or left turn signal, the opposite signal goes on; some other times, nothing will happen. Related, but less seriously dangerous: The windshield wipers fail to work; the windshield washers fail to work; and the high beams do not come on.

- Livingston, MT, USA

Nov 132009

Ram 2500

Dodge Ram has a problem that causes the directional lights to work in reverse. When the steering wheel is tilted and the left turn signal is turned on the right flashes and when the right turn signal is used the left flashes. This causes other drivers to think you are turning right when you really are turning left!

- Clermont, FL, USA

Jan 012006

Ram 2500

This is an on going issue with my 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. When driving at night sometimes when you switch the headlight from low beam to high beam they will completely go out or one side will go out. Also sometimes when you turn on your left blinker your right blinker will come on. The dealer told me that this was from hauling trailers with bad wiring. I don't understand how a trailer that is not connected to my truck can effect the lights. My truck is no longer under warranty and there is no way for me to diagnose this problem. (you must have a Chrysler computer to see what the controller is doing) I thought there were laws to protect consumers from manufacturers of cars that prevented them from making control systems that consumers could not access.

- Huntingtown, MD, USA

Oct 012009

Ram 2500

Turn signal switch failure.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Oct 012009

Ram 2500

2006 Dodge 2500 turn signal issues. Malfunctioning turn signals turn left signal on, and right signal comes on and vise versa and sometimes neither will come on.

- Tonganoxie, KS, USA

Aug 282009

Ram 2500

When driving at night sometimes when you change the headlights from low beam to high beam they completely go out and sometimes only the right high beam doesn't work.

- Huntingtown, MD, USA

Jul 282009

Ram 2500

2006 Dodge Ram 2500, turn signal fault, turn on left directional, and right directional comes on very dangerous.......

- Canterbury, NH, USA

Aug 102009

Ram 2500

2006 Dodge 2500 truck. Has had intermittent problem with turn signals and wipers. Turn on signal and other signal comes on. Wipers go off with switch on. This has been issue since bought vehicle in 06. Does not do it all the time.

- Plato, MO, USA

Jul 302009

Ram 2500

The turn signal (multi-function) switch in my 2006 Dodge 2500 is malfunctioning. When I turn on my left turn signal the right turn signal will flash and sometimes the left as well. The same thing happens when I put on my right turn signal, the left turn signal will flash. I have had two very close calls with this, the most recent while pulling a 34 foot fifth wheel trailer. I have seen numerous complaints about this on the diesel truck resource web page and some of the stories are of very serious close calls. This needs to be a recall.

- Milan, TN, USA

Dec 302008

Ram 2500

2006 Dodge Ram 2500. Multifunction switch fails when needed the most. This item controls the wipers, turn signals, high/low beams, as well as emergency flashers. This was an intermittent problem when I first reported it to the dealership, and surprise surprise it didn't fail at the dealership. Now after my standard warranty has expired it has completely failed. There was no events leading up to the failure. The dealerships are now saying that this is a common issue, but since the warranty has expired, I now have to pay for parts as well as labor for an item that causes a major safety issue. Imagine driving in a down poor, and the switch that controls your wipers fails to perform.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jun 022009

Ram 2500

I turn on the left turn signal and the right comes on and vice versa.

- Ogden, UT, USA

Apr 262009

Ram 2500

The multifunction switch (turn signal) is malfunctioning. I have heard many people state this same thing. The turn signals will activate opposite (trip the left and the right activates) and vice versa. The high beams will not turn off. And most recently I was in a rain storm and my windshield wipers which are activated by the same switch did not work. I had to stop on the side of the road and wait for the rain to stop before I could continue since I could not get them to activate. The multifunction switch appears to be a faulty part of my truck 2006 Dodge Ram 2500.

- Loves Park, IL, USA

Apr 152009

Ram 2500

I was driving down the hwy in pouring rain when the wipers started acting erratically going from real fast then slow then stopped leaving the wiper arm right in front of my eye level. They never came back on. Luckily I avoided an accident. I have tried new wiper motor did nothing later ordered a multifunction switch that didn't work either. Now im told that 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 has a tipm in place of the fuse this is called a total integrated power module. I searched the turbo diesel registry and there are others that have had the same experience. The truck has 58,000 miles and is garage kept I consider excellent condition. Chrysler will not provide any help. I now have a $1,000 plus repair bill and a truck that I cannot drive. Also I have read on here of other electrical problems so how can I trust that this part wont do the same thing.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Apr 102009

Ram 2500

Turn signals intermittently stop working and worse sometimes flash opposite direction of what they should. Very dangerous. Dodge should recall this problem which is evidently happening a lot on 2006 Dodge Ram trucks.

- Soddy Daisy, TN, USA

Dec 212008

Ram 2500

2006 Dodge 2500 mega cab. While sitting at a stop light in a left turn lane with left turn signal on, I experienced erratic timing of the left turn signal, and quick flashes of the opposite (right) turn signal. Moving the steering wheels direction seemed to remedy the problem, and I have not been able to duplicate the problem.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Dec 112008

Ram 2500

Right turn lights flashing when left turn. Signal activated.

- Greenfield, IN, USA

Apr 142006

Ram 2500

Put turn signal on to make left turn, right turn signal activates. Multiswitch bad, has happened three different times while towing a 30' travel trailer. Each time dealer has replaced multiswitch. Dealer will not give me the old part.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 252008

Ram 2500

2006 Dodge trucks run their trailer stop and turn lights through the computer in the truck. Any surge or pop from hooking up the trailer will cause the lights to not work. Their is no fuse for trailer lights but there is for the truck lights. If you plug your trailer lights in ond touch it wrong you no longer have stop or turn signals for the trailer. Your only option is to go to the dealer and for $110 they will check the computer to see if they can reset it or if you need a new computer for your truck. This causes you to drive around without lights since you have no ability to fix them yourself.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Nov 032006

Ram 2500 Diesel

2006 Dodge Ram truck with a long list of problems* the consumer experienced numerous problems with the vehicle such as ignition switch malfunctions, the ignition would not lock, shift lever, exhaust smokes excessively, the engine shutters and shutdown, transmission shifting improperly primarily in 2nd and 3rd gear, there were times when the consumer could not get the vehicle out of park. The head lights and tail lights come on and go off, the electric locks malfunctioned, various problems with the cab lights, the instrument cluster failed.

- Laramie, WY, USA