$5,000.00

1. replace (3 reports)
  2. replace valve body, seal, and pump with non-OEM parts (1 reports)
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Feb 262010

Ram 2500 Lariat

I understand mechanical failures happen, my issue is with a company like Dartmouth Dodge and Chrysler who both provided the worst service I have ever experienced. The policy is no compensation for rental vehicle of any kind unless you buy the "extended warranty". It was a battle to get the issue covered in the first place, the repair took over 4 weeks. Communication was terrible. When the truck was finally picked up it ALMOST got me home (4 km) before needing to be towed back, for another transmission issue that was another week to repair. I was compensated $300 for this rental not the $1100 for the prior rental.

- , Dartmouth, NS, Canada

Jul 122010

Ram 2500 Lariat

Transmission was repaired under warranty 4 months ago. Since that repair I returned on 2 occaisions complaining of rough shifting N slipping, to be told it was functioning properly by Dartmouth Dodge. Transmission failed completely while driving. Truck would not move.

This is the second complete failure of the tranny in 4 months and 3 weeks in with no repairs done to the vehicle, and broken promises from Chrysler on parts availability. Despite their failure to supply parts to the dealer going on 4 weeks, they will not authorize compensation for a rental vehicle of any kind.

I'm paying for a vehicle that I bought from a Chrysler dealer that I cant drive, or get them to fix. Chrysler seems uninterested in fixing it, the dealer I bought it from has proven incapable of fixing it, the current dealer can get the oem parts or aftermarket parts with warranty. Any suggestions, please share.

- , Dartmouth, NS, Canada

Jan 292010

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

transmission would not take gear when cold for 30 seconds. Took to dealer 3300 miles 5500 miles 21000 miles 30000 miles. I was told that this was normal , what bullshit that was. At 53000 if went out completely. and dodge denied the coverage as a prior problem. I have 2 dodge diesels and will be trading for something else this week

- , Chickamauga, GA, USA

Jan 302009

Ram 2500 5.7L Turbo Diesel

Dodge will not stand by their product. Having to replace a transmission on a 2006 with only 35K is unsat! Will not buy a dodge again.

- , Vass, NC, USA