2008 Dodge Ram 2500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Ram 2500:

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Apr 152016

Ram 2500

When I turn on the left blinker, the right one flashes on my truck. Then I turn on right blinker and the left blinker flashes. Also the wipers will sometimes stop or slow down when I have my blinkers on. This is gonna cause an accident. Thank you

- New Milford, CT, USA

Dec 012015

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl

The air conditioner/heater blower in my truck has been working intermittently, but getting worse to the point that it rarely works now. I took it to a shop a few weeks ago, but the system happened to work that day and they could not find any issues. However, I did some research on the internet and there are many other owners having this problem. The cause is a faulty ignition switch/wiring harness connector which actually melts from the heat caused by improper wire gauge/design. This information can be readily found on Dodge truck forums by doing a google search. There was a previous recall for this issue on earlier model years (safety recall #875 according to one site) but none that I could find for my model year. This is a safety issue as visibility could be reduced by frost or fogging of the windshield since the windshield defroster will not work. Moreover, failure of the vehicle's heater could be a safety issue in very cold weather--especially in remote locations. It may also be possible for the overheated/melted connectors/components to cause a fire or to manifest other failures associated with the ignition switch (uncommanded engine cutoff, etc.). thank you in advance for investigating this issue.

- Davie, FL, USA

Aug 172015

Ram 2500

Tipm (total integrated power module) failed while driving vehicle. Vehicle lost engine power, power steering, and brakes. -ton trucks are very heavy and are near impossible to turn and control without power steering and do not stop without power brakes. I was able to maneuver vehicle to the side of the road with minimal damage to the body. I was lucky to not cause a bigger accident and lucky not to injure myself or anybody else. This tipm failure is very common with Dodge vehicles and I am disgusted how Chrysler-Dodge has conducted themselves in regard to recalls and warranty. Had I been towing a trailer on the highway I would have certainly caused an accident. I fear this tipm failure will result in loss of life if it hasn't so already.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Dec 182013

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

The HVAC blend doors where they interface with the actuator motor are broken. The plastic was too thin for the strength of the motor and sheared off. My windshield frosted up very quickly with the humidity in the cabin.

- Watertown , NY, USA

Dec 192012

Ram 2500

Turn signals had been operating erratically for about 10K miles. Misty day, turned wiper switch on to intermittent, nothing. Moved switch to continuous, nothing. Pushed washer button, nothing. Had 'smart switch' changed. Wipers and washers worked immediately after delivery. Less than 1 week and less than 1,000 miles later, no wipers. Original and replacement switches were oe parts. Can live without the turn signals. Dangerous to operate in anything but sunny days without wipers and washers.

- Speer, IL, USA

Jul 202012

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

I was driving down the highway and about 10pm it was raining had wipers on in medium speed wipers kept stopping. Had a lot of cars passing by me on coming lane and they would flash their lights to me to indicate my light was off but the switch is turn on in low beam position. Had some friends following me that day as well and they told me that my brake light was not working nor my lights.. the following Wednesday which would be July 25 2012 I took my truck to the dealership I bought from, but all the lights work except for the cargo light and the low windshield wiper warning kept coming on.. the truck has been in there for a week now and on Wednesday August 1 2012 I called the dealership to see what is wrong with my truck and the said the tipm has been fried and all the headlights, brake lights, turn signals and wipers does not work any more they have to replace the tipm. I only had the truck for one week and this went out already. It's not good Dodge or Chrysler should come up with something else so all the safety things don't fail all at once.

- Anchorage , AK, USA

Apr 012008

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

I purchased a new Dodge Ram 2500 pick-up in March 2008. Within 5 weeks, vehicle started operating poorly. Check engine light would come on, truck would lose power, heavy black smoke from exhaust. Truck was brought back to dealership eight times in first six months. Dodge stated they could find no problems with vehicle. Problems continues and escalated. Truck continues to operate erratically. It has come to the point the vehicle loses all power and just shuts down while driving on the highway. This has occurred six times between November 2009 and December 2010. This is a serious safety issue! the truck has lost power and stopped on the iha and I narrowly missed being hit by tractor trailers. Dodge still refused to take this vehicle back or even acknowledge there is a serious safety problem!! need your help to get Dodge to do something to investigate and correct problem before someone is hurt or killed. Updated IVOQ 12/06/11

- Stamford, CT, USA

Dec 012008

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Ram. While driving various speeds, the instrument panel gauges and lighting will flicker and the vehicle shuts off. Occasionally, the vehicle becomes very difficult to start. The most recent failure was noticed at 25 mph. The dealer replaced the control module at least five times, but the failure still persists. The contact feels that the vehicle is unsafe to drive and a crash could occur. The current mileage was 14,300 and failure mileage was 8,000.

- Elkton, MD, USA