2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon:

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 152011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact smelled a burning odor upon starting the vehicle. The failure was intermittent. The contact, who was an independent mechanic, examined the vehicle and noticed wires within both rear door panels were cracked and rubbing together. The vehicle was repaired. The failure and current mileages were 118,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Aloha, OR, USA

Jan 132010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I was driving down the highway in my 2005 Dodge 2500 Ram and smelled smoke. After about 20 seconds I noticed that smoke was beginning to fill the cab. I looked around and saw that the rear passenger-side door was in flames. I immediately pulled over to the shoulder, exited the vehicle, and put out the flames with a blanket. The fire was contained to the door and a little bit of the floor carpet. The very next morning I took it to my local Dodge dealer and about a week later they said that their official report indicated that Chrysler was not at fault and that it was an "act of god". since then it has been back-and-forth between the dealer and insurance company. The bottom line is it will cost me my deductible ($1000) for something that wasn't my fault. I'm submitting this complaint so the incident is documented and to register a complaint against Dodge/Chrysler since they are completely washing their hands of any responsibility.

- Greenwood, CA, USA

Jan 102009

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

While driving my 2005 Dodge Ram truck, I have recently noticed a malfunction with the indicator lights. When I indicate a right turn from the indicator switch, the left indicator light starts to flash. Additionally, when I indicate a left turn from the indicator switch, the right indicator light starts to flash. Currently the malfunction occurs approximately once per 10 uses of the indicator switch. Extremely difficult for the owner to spot this type indicator malfunction. Potential to be struck by another vehicle is extreme since surrounding vehicles believe you are turning one direction when in fact you turn the opposite way. Initially I disassembled the multifunction switch in question and slightly bent the spring contract slides to ensure proper contact was being made. This worked for approx. 6 months however the problem is now re-occurring. I've recently purchased a new multifunction switch $140 which I intend to install, however I would like confirmation it is designed in an inherently safe way so that this issue will never be able to occur again.

- Fort Saskatchewan, Ab , 00, USA

May 242009

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Ignition switch that connects to the left side of steering column to a 12 pin electric connector that controls engine on and off, A/C and heater blower motor and radio and other items all most caught fire. The wires were melted and plastic 12 connector burned and has lost the connection between the two halves of the connector that affect the above items listed.

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Nov 132008

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram truck 2500. The turn signal switch fails and when turning left signal it will switch to right blinker which is very unsafe. And confuses other drivers as well. It is a very unsafe situation, when towing a trailer etc. And just normal driving. I have heard about this from many other owners on line about this problem. It should be a recall because there are too many incidents about this problem. Thanks, bob ps I only have 22,000 miles on this rig. This problem happens all the time now.

- Fair Oaks, CA, USA

Dec 202008

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Recently in my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 when I turn my right blinker on my left one goes on instead or vice versa. Sometimes they both go on like flashers. I was almost involved in serious accident do to this failure. My vehicle only has 70,000 miles on it.

- Newfoundland, NJ, USA

Sep 092006

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 8-cyl

(2) failure and its consequences and are that we are purchasing a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 series truck that has been taken back to the dealer union Chrysler Dodge in union, SC for service due to the engine will cut off while has been taken back several times for this problem and the mechanic cannot seem to locate the was a near call the other week when the truck cut off as crossing a railroad track---what would the consequences would have been with it cutting off on the track-----lost of life and limb.......

- Union, SC, USA

May 302006

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

I have been locked out of my 2005 Dodge 2500 truck with the engine running. The lock assembly on the truck became non-operational with the key and door handle. Even with a spare key, it was useless. I had to call my wife to bring me the extra fob ( electronic door opener) to get in the truck. A contributing fact was that there was not a lock on the passenger handle. My question is what would happen if the vehicle was a standard model without a fob? the dealership said that they have seen this happen several times. By the way, my dealer was very helpful. But what about other instances of this occurring.

- Broken Bow, OK, USA

Aug 232005

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6-cyl Diesel

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel - the check engine light will come on. The truck will sputter and then it will finally stall out. This will happen at any time no matter what the driving conditions. The truck is in the shop now; it has been there for almost two weeks. This is the third time the truck has been in the shop for the same problem. The last time the engine stalled out, was after leaving the gas station, the truck started to sputter and then it stalled out. There were no accidents or crashes due to this problem, but it was only a matter of time before there was an accident. The dealership stated it was a computer problem. They did some adjustments, but it did not fix the problem, a new computer was ordered and installed and now the truck is not running at all. The dealership can not tell the consumer how long it will take to repair the truck.

- Semi Valley, CA, USA

May 202005

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 8-cyl

I have an 05 Ram 2500 quad cab hemi truck with 3,200 miles on it. Since new the truck has had an erratic idle and would occasionally die when shifting from reverse to drive. The PCM has been flashed, the throttle body is projected to be replaced next. This problem is getting progressively worse as the truck recently stalled in traffic three times in a ten minute period. I will also be filling a similar complaint for my 05 hemi durango limited.

- Puyallup, WA, USA