1.7

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon Owner Comments

Jan 112016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The transmission shift cable will break at the plastic connections behind the steering column where the shift lever attaches to the cable, I have called several dealerships around the country and have been told that they are on back order there a several thousand on back order and there is no time of release of parts

- Excelsior Springs, MO, USA

Jul 142010

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Damper in ac duct broke multi complants on line all Dodge owners I've talked to with a Dodge Ram says they had the same problem.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Mar 042015

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

When driving at highway speeds and hit a bump in the road the truck shakes violently, causing loose of control to a degree, while trying to slow the vehicle down. At approximately 30 mph mark the shaking stops and driving can continue as normal until the next bump, at which time the process starts over. This is a major hazard if anyone is behind you the potential of being rear-ended is great as you have to greatly reduce speed to regain control of your vehicle.

- Burton, TX, USA

Jun 022014

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Steering has horrible vibration and wobble at 19 mph. Seems to be getting worse. Have already replaced two steering gear boxes on 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. Still not fixed. With recent news on Dodge Ram; I am surprised they have not looked at this model years as well as many model years are having same issue. Beginning to be nervous driving the vehicle and the history of this issue with other models and really afraid the shaking is so serious it will eventually cause a wreck or loss of life. This is the 3rd report from me already. Also taken it to Dodge service center and they just peered under the truck and said everything was good. Didn't even attempt to test drive and see for themselves. I have even attempted to notify Dodge corporate last year when it started and not even a return call or message. Feel trapped and lost. Please look at these model years as well. Already had recall H46 conducted and they just told me it was not a problem. Now I have another recall N62 and never got a notice for it; just happen to look up recall notice. VIN is 1D&ks28C36J214020 I think this steering is more widespread and would want further investigation. I am going to take Dodge in for N62 and R25 recall and I bet the dealership will just peek at it and tell me nothing is needed, as always. No more trust in Dodge, please help

- Powell, TN, USA

May 142015

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Started with tail lights on right rear side not working. Replaced the circuit board for the right rear lights, replaced all the bulbs on the circuit board. Still having problems, now the right rear turn signal won't work. Into the shop again, no short in wiring harness, took the turn signal switch apart cleaned all the grease off everything and still not working. A friend toke it to a dealership where he works, hooked it up to there diagnostic computer and found that the tipm needs replaced for $1,000

- Camp Hill, PA, USA

Mar 242015

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I was getting my pickup serviced at a shop (not a dealer) and they advised me of the front end problems and the danger of continuing to drive it and I could see the problem with the front end. I had the repairs made as I was unable to get to a dealer which would be 40 miles away. Dodge is refusing to pay anything on the repairs because they were not made at a dealership. We live in Montana and there is not a dealer on every corner and I was unable to get to one. It was not safe to drive it.

- Absarokee, MT, USA

Sep 262011

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 8-cyl

The multi function switch was defective in my vehicle. This caused the following safety concerns with the vehicle: 1) the windshield wipers did not work, 2) the turn signals did not work, and 3) the hazzard lights did not work. I have two problems with the situation: 1) while driving the vehicle during a rain storm on 9/26/2011, the windshield wipers did not work. This caused a safety concern and could have caused a potential accident and 2) while driving the vehicle, the turn signals did not work. This caused a safety concern and could have caused an accident. After taking the vehicle to the local Dodge dealership, I was informed that the multi function switch was on back order. To be exact, four thousand multi function switches were on back order per the local dealership and Chrysler group customer assistance. Neither the local dealership or the Chrysler group customer assistance had any idea when the part would be available. I asked both parties why the part is on back order since this is a matter of safety. No answer was given. After further research via the internet, it was determine that other Dodge Ram truck owners had the same type issue with their multi function switch being defective. It would be great if Dodge would notify all owners of the problem with the multi function switch and have them reviewed and/or replaced if needed. This could potentially save someone from serious injury or death from the the multi function switch being defective while driving. My hope and prayer is to have other Dodge Ram truck owners understand the importance of this problem. It could potentially save their life.

- Trussville, AL, USA