2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Oct 292016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

While driving at 70< hit a small bump and the truck started shakinv violently. Only way to stop it was bring the vehicle to a complete. Started back out and it worked fine. This has happened several more times. I have went as far as to having the torque convertor replaced with no luck. It does this to me at the speed os 65 to 75 mph.I have been reading and learned its refererd as the death wobble and is caused by faulty suspension and steering components.

- West Sunbury, PA, USA

Dec 202014

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

This is the 4th time we have had to go back to dealership and them turn us away by doing a visual inspection stating there was nothing wrong with the truck, however we cannot get an alignment because sway bar, track bar, and tie rods all needed to be repaired. Took truck back again after there was so much pooping noise and vibration from the front end that I could not take it anymore. Outer tie rods were done, and found out the track bar was cracked so a new one replaced the original one yet no record was completed of this with the dealership, only that they tightened the track bar. I am so fed up with the dealerships and Chrysler with all of this nonesense, it is really going to come down to us completely having a bad accident or something to this extent before something is done, and we stop having to pay for all the repairs to a faulty front end. Driving down the rod feeling the vibrations is very scary, and not knowing if the tires are going to come off.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Nov 162016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Multiple repairs to the front end suspension of the vehicle, to the point that we are now paying for the repairs and the dealership denying they replaced the most recent track bar on the truck and blame the tires on the truck. I am really tired of running off into a ditch after hitting a bump in the road or steer to miss a pothole. Just fix the truck correctly and stop making excuses telling us it is our tires when it is a 4X4 and they cannot put more sturdy parts on the front end or take blame for the steering shaft and gear box when these have been recalled under the death wobble. Hub assembly had to be replaced on this truck as well. Trying to turn the vehicle into a parking spot and constantly having to back into a space. This death wobble has gone too far. As far as the electrical they cannot find why the dashboard keeps flickering and we keep blowing fuses or bulbs. It is really getting annoying with this truck and all the repairs which we have had to do this vehicle, and yet take responsibility for it.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Oct 012016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

After hitting a road imperfection, transition, or bump while driving at freeway speeds (50 to 70 mph), the front end and steering shakes violently. The only solution to stop the violent shake is to rapidly slow my truck to 35 mph or slower and hopefully be able to pull to the side of the freeway. I have nearly been in or have caused accidents on about a dozen occasions. I have replaced tires, shock absorbers, and the steering box and the problem continues to where I believe the truck is not longer safe to operate at freeway speeds. This violent front end / steering shake event has occurred on more than 2 dozen occasions.

- Alamo, CA, USA

May 282016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Driving to work and hit bump on freeway at 70mph. Truck shook violently on right side front. This is the second time it has occurred. First occurrence was at 102,000 and second occurrence was at 141,000. It is known as the "Dodge death wobble". the repair the first time consisted of replacing the front steering components. The repair was done by an off-road shop. Tomorrow (6/6/16), the truck goes to the repair shop for evaluation. This time was scary. The truck shook violently. I had to reduce speed rapidly and was lucky that it was the weekend and there were only a few vehicles behind me.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

May 012016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle shook and vibrated severely after driving over a bump in the road. The failure subsided after the speed was reduced to 40 mph. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Marysville, WA, USA

Apr 062016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Front end of Dodge Ram and steering wheel will shake and wobble violently after hitting small bump in road at high speeds. Shaking continues for about 12 seconds. Very dangerous when happening in interstate traffic.

- Janesville, WI, USA

Jan 112016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 50 mph, the vehicle began to vibrate violently. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the road for a brief moment and then resumed normally. The failure recurred on a separate occasion. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the front stabilizer was replaced. The mechanic also informed that the steering linkage would need to be replaced. The vehicle was taken to another independent mechanic for a second opinion, who confirmed that the steering linkage would not need to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 296,670.

- Charlevoix, MI, USA

Mar 012016

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

While traveling at highway speeds, if I hit a bump or pothole, the front end begins to shudder violently nearly causing a loss of control and causing me to suddenly move to the left or right. This happens nearly on a daily basis on my way to or from work. The only way to stop the "death wobble" is to quickly slow down below 30 mph. This has cased near rear end collisions with people following me. This appears to be a well known problem that the auto maker refuses to solve. I hope someone doesn't end up hurt or killed because I lose control of my vehicle.

- Lansing, KS, USA

Oct 252015

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 8-cyl

On October 25, 2015 around 11:00 am while driving 65-70 mph on the pa turnpike near allentown area (some minor road defects appeared to be in the roadway, weather conditions good) the vehicle violently shook as if all the tires were basketballs. Had to hold onto steering wheel as best as I could from all the shaking while applying brakes but the vehicle would not slow down. This is the fourth time this has happened with this vehicle after. We checked with the Dodge dealer to see if there were any recalls on anything similar and they told us no. So we began replacing tires, shocks, steering shaft and steering box, front stabilizer shock, left front ball joints and U joint, new brakes and rotors all the way around and the ones we took off were still very new looking, service station wanted to know if we wanted to keep them, we said no. The first time it happened was almost in the same area as 10/25/15 while traveling to Tennessee so we did not travel over 60 mph, then again traveling back to pa, this was when we changed out the aforementioned parts, the third time happened while our son was driving 60 mph on route 33 in easton, pa. There has to be something seriously wrong!! I just thank god my husband was driving because I would not have been able to get it under control.. we would appreciate it very much if you could investigate this issue. Thank you

- Effort, PA, USA

Sep 042013

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 13V528000 (suspension) was received in 2013. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- London, KY, USA

Jul 172015

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I was cruising down a 4 lane highway at approximately 75 mph and hit a minor bump in the road. The vehicle started shaking violently (felt like a vertical motion and not side to side) I had to apply the brakes and quickly reduce speed to keep from losing control of the vehicle. Upon some research with similar complaints I would best describe my experience as one associated with the "death wobble". this issue has occurred more than once while driving at speeds around 75 mph. The shaking was violent enough that it shook everything off of the seats before I was able to stop. The source of the shaking I believe has to do with the front axle. I thought it may be a faulty tire or unbalanced tire so I had all of the tires inspected, rotated, and balanced. There were no issues found with the tires.

- Hutchinson, KS, USA

Dec 052014

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving at 2 mph, the steering wheel seized. In addition, the contact heard a noise coming from the front of the vehicle. Upon further inspection, the contact noticed that the tie rod on the front driver's side had fractured. The vehicle was towed to a mechanic, who diagnosed that the tie rod, front left wheel bearing assembly and the front left upper ball joint needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. After the vehicle was repaired, the contact heard a noise coming from the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken to another mechanic who diagnosed that the tie rods needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V528000 (steering). However, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 142,000.

- Columbia Falls, MT, USA

Feb 282014

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl

Driving at a speed over 55 mph and hitting a bump or pot hole my truck starts to shake and my steering wheel shakes back and forth very fast and uncontrollable until I slow down below 35 mph. I have heard this called the death wobble and I see how it got its name, if a solution isn't found soon one of these times I may not be able to slow down safely and kill some one in an accident or myself.

- Medina, OH, USA

Mar 112014

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 6-cyl

My truck has what is know as "death wobble" at certain hwy speeds the truck shakes violently, you have to slow down or you will lose control.

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA

May 282014

Ram 2500 Power Wagon 4WD 8-cyl

2006 Dodge Ram 2500. Consumer requests reimbursement for power steering pump recall repairs. Consumer has a different vehicle complaint listed in artemis. The steering linkage and pitman arm were replaced. Also, the upper and lower ball joints were replaced. The consumer referenced recall # 13V528000.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Jul 092007

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 65 mph, the vehicle would violently shake when going over a bump on the road. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 79,000.

- Easton , CT, USA

Jul 042012

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that after driving over a bump, the vehicle would shake violently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure however, the front end suspension of the vehicle was replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 78,000.

- Deerpark, NY, USA

Feb 012013

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

When hitting a small bump with the right tire the whole front end began to shake uncontrolably with difficulty steering. Had to bring the truck to a complete stop on the side of the highway. There was a semi right behind me that had to swerve to miss hitting me while I tried to control the vechile. Dodge has said there is a death wobble and are aware of it, but no recall at this time. Also Dodge told me that it was a manufacure defeact and I could pay to have it fix. Have already spent $1800 dollars replacing ball joint, tirieds, bearings. Etc and still has the death wobble and unable to drive or sell due to the danger of accident.

- Radcliff, KY, USA

Jul 252013

Ram 2500 Power Wagon

I severe steering wobble at highway speed after hitting a bump/ pothole in the roadway. S wobble stopped upon slowing. While driving can feel something bumping in the steering wheel anytime you hit a bump while on slight turn. I contacted several dealers in the Ohio West Virginia area I explained my difficulty they stated they only get parts to repair 1 vehicle per week. They stated there is a list over a hundred people and they could not help me even though they stated having possession of parts to perform 6 recalls either N 62 or H47. Elm grove Dodge in elm grove wv and bob caldwell Chrysler Plymouth in columbus Ohio also stated having parts to do 4 recalls they also stated having a long list and only receiving 1 recall part per week. The dealer in ri paul bailey Dodge in North kingstown gave me this same story months ago said they would put me on the list as we'll. They never called. I contacted daimler Chrysler 7/2/14 advised of them of my situation and I'm awaiting a follow up phone call 7/3/14 to advise me if they have found a dealer to assist me. I offered to drive 3 hours to caldwell Chrysler in columbus Ohio. Also I offered to leave the truck for a week or 2 for them to complete the repairs. This is a very serious condition. Ps I offered to buy the part they stated the new customer pay part requires the purchase of 3 additional steering linkage parts as the steering linkage has been upgraded and the new parts are not compatible with the oem parts installed new at the factory. However the tie bar associated with the recall is designed to be compatible with the oem steering linkage thus making it not necessary to replace 3 other steering parts daimler would not have to pay for. Please advise asap.

- Narragansett, RI, USA