6.0

1. needs a recall (2 reports)
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Ram 3500:

1997 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments

May 012004

Ram 3500 Laramie 5.9L I6 Cummins

My fuel gauge doesn't work, period. The only way I know when I have to fill up is by resetting my trip meter and hoping that my fuel mileage doesn't deviate too much so I fill up every 400 miles or so.

- , Jonestown, TX, USA

Apr 262004

Ram 3500

Everyone I know who ownes a 97 dodge ram 3500 tells me their fuel sending unit went out right after the warranty did. Dodge knows about this problem. I bought the truck because of the Cummings Turbo engine and that's the only thing on the vehicle that's not JUNK.

Someday I expect to have a good running engine sitting in the driveway and ALL the Dodge parts fallen off laying around it.

- , Texarkana, TX, USA