2002 Dodge Ram 3500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Ram 3500:

2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments

Jul 032014

Ram 3500 5.9L Cummins

I went to N. Carolina to pick up my neighbor who had gotten a few days leave from the Marines. On the way home I noticed the front end steering starting to wander. I got within 30 miles of home and had to slow down to 35 mph because of vibration. When I pulled into his drive the left front wheel assembly fell off the truck. I had to jack it up right there and finish taking it apart and try to find parts on a holiday weekend. The bearings in the hub had come apart and fallen out while driving down the road. I've never seen anything like it before.

I figured I'd better replace the right side also, that's when I found out about the other steering issues, the tie rod end came apart so I had to replace the steering arm also. With new brakes, new rotors, calipers, hubs, steering arm, and tie rod, and doing the labor myself, I still had $2000.00 in it.

Like the old saying goes, 'NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED ". At this point, the truck only had a little over 111,000 miles on it .

- , Alliance, OH, USA