8.2

1. Dodge needs to issue a recall (34 reports)
  2. Dodge should issue a recall (15 reports)
  3. replace dashboard (12 reports)
  4. I will buy the new dash if Dodge has corrected the material (3 reports)
  6. cover with dashboard cover (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 3500:

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Jun 012011

Ram 3500 Laramie Diesel

This truck is babied. It is only used to pull my horse trailer to shows and is kept under a shed. When out, I use a sun visor so I couldn't understand why the dash cracked. I knew it wasn't from sun exposure. We recently had to replace the ac baffle and were afraid that the whole thing would break in half. Luckily it did not.

I am the original owner, so I would think Dodge would do the right thing and repair before someone gets hurt especially after what you pay for those bad boys!

- , Keysville, GA, USA

Feb 102012

Ram 3500 5.9L Diesel

The two piece dash is cracked in several places and continues to get worse as time goes by. I have found numerous complaints of the same nature on several year models of this truck. Seems Chrysler does not consider it a defect and will not replace it without substantial cost to the consumer. With such a wide spread problem this is definitely a recall item which should be taken care of by the manufacture.

- , Magnolia, TX, USA

Sep 182012

Ram 3500 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel

I realize as an automobile "matures" problems are incurred. Having $600 worth of plastic bust apart for no apparent reason is very much overwhelming. This is parts only, labor provided by the shop I own.

- , Connelly Springs, NC, USA

Jan 012004

Ram 3500 LS

What can I say, only that buying such of a nice pickup it is very hard to understand that I am having such a problem with dash cracking so bad. We paid so much for this truck thinking we were getting the best dodge had to offer for the money. Turns out we still continue paying for low quality dash caps that could have been made of better and stronger material. We wish dodge would step up and fix this problem but the only thing they can say is sorry. This is not good enough they should correct this problem if they want to continue having loyal customers to buy their products.

- , Crystal City, TX, USA

Aug 242004

Ram 3500 ST 5.9L

always counted on dodge ( NO MORE) payed good money and received trash.

have always been proud and taken care of my pickups will probably buy ford after this.

- , Cordell, OK, US

Oct 062004

Ram 3500 ES

i purchased this new dodge ram 2003 and a year after the dashboard started cracking slowly and kept getting worse with months. when i replaced it had 9 cracks, and i always protected from the sun. the problem is the plastic. should be a recall from dodge and should be replaced at no cost to client.

- , Hialeah, FL, US

Nov 072009

Ram 3500 Dually 5.9L

really upset really upset, just cant believe this dash is so cheap

- , Lithonia, GA, USA

Jul 162008

Ram 3500 Dually 5.9L

Material that makes dashboard is just brittle hard plastic .

- , Lithonia, GA, USA

Jul 012010

Ram 3500 Cumming 6 cyl

I have been in the dodge family for 40 plus years,and really love owning one.But the dash board is a headache.I wouldn't mind this if every so often they would do a recall, or pay for another one.I look in the parking lots and I notice every dodge ower has this problem.Ihave my truck parked under a car porch and I'm still having the same problem so its not the sun.PLEASE help me...

- , Fayette, MS, USA

Jan 012010

Ram 3500

I have taken great care of this truck and I really like it, but the cracked dashboard is unsightly and obviously of poor quality. For such an expensive truck-Dodge needs to do something about replacement of these defective dashboards and upgrade the newer truck interiors. Come on....how about some quality and pride in an American product?

- , Lakeside, CA, USA

Aug 192010

Ram 3500

DODGE NEEDS TO HAVE THE VEHICLES RECALLED AND FIX THE DASHES BEFORE IT DOES KILL SOMEBODY. DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT IS TOO LATE.... IF IT DOES HAPPEN THEN YOU MIGHT THINK TWICE AND LISTEN TO THE PUBLIC.

- , Gilmer, TX, USA

Jan 122011

Ram 3500 Laramie 5.9L

I have always had Dodge P/U, this is 7th, and 3ed diesel, after paying over $40,000 for this one and expecting it to last for many more years then this. I have taken good care of it, using armaral, windshield sunshade when its parked outside, etc., now when clean it you have to wear leather gloves so you don't tear up your hands, it certainly a safty hazerd.

This is the worst problem I've ever had, it looks tarribly bad, and don't quite know what to do about it, you can throw a cover over it or spend $1,000 to get it repaired and from what I hear it will happen again. It ruins the resale / trade in value. My brother has an 02, 2500 and its the same way!

In short it looks like it is, "a piece of sh*t", Chrylser corp. should stand behind it's product, issue a recall, improve the material.

- , Conway, SC, USA

Mar 012009

Ram 3500 SLT 5.9L V6 Turbo

Dodge has been aware of this problem for years but continue to not admit fault. Mine started over 2 years ago and now is beyond belief. I'm leaving it like to show everyone what a problem it is. This is the worst advertising Dodge could get. I've collected antique cars for 30 yrs and have never seen a problem like this even on a 50 yr old car. Dodge says they have had only a few complaints, WHAT? Everyone needs to be calling them.

- , Lakeland, FL, USA

Apr 222011

Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins Diesel

sharp edges. cheap plastic. Only had truck 2 months.. Cracked over night. Seen this is an issue for lots of Dodge Truck owners.

- , Dillsburg, PA, USA

Jan 152009

Ram 3500 SLT 5.9L

Dash is cracking in several places on my 03 ram dually, Looks terrible, cheap junk materials. Had several rams over the years but this will be my last dodge product, if not fixed by Chrysler.

- , Cordova, TN, US

Jun 151909

Ram 3500 5.9L Diesel

The dashboard is cracking for 2 years now and pieces are falling through and into the electrical wiring alone the firewall.

- , Denton, TX, USA

Jan 032008

Ram 3500 Laramie 5.9L I6

IT IS BULLCRAP HOW THE DASH CRACKED THE TRUCK IS NOT EVEN TEN YEARS OLD. DODGE NEEDS TO DO A RECALL!!!!!

- , Mishawaka, IN, US

Apr 092010

Ram 3500 5.9L Diesil

Every Dodge truck I have seen in these year models have cracked dashes they need to step up and do the right thing.

Update from Jul 15, 2011: No fix yet wheres the recall

- , Lufkin, TX, USA

Jun 012010

Ram 3500 SLT 5.9L Cummings

This is a problem Dodge has been aware of for years and elected to turn their heads. Dodge wonders why their vehicles sales are down well hello dumb asses you don't take care of your customers after the sale.

- , Simms, TX, USA