1. have it replaced along with tensioner pully and belt (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 3500:

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments

Sep 272008

Ram 3500 HD 5.9L Diesel

I was out in the middle of nowhere and lost the pump. When it breaks, it takes out the tensioner pulley too! It was going to be a $700 tow bill but I found a mobile mechanic that could come out the next morning. Even though it should have been covered by Dodge, I am still fighting to get my money back! They have denied the claim twice now and say it is because I am over my mileage warranty. The diesel comes with a 100k mile warranty and I was within my miles...It has been since the incident that I just heard back from the again today saying they are going to deny me. I fight with them and they say they are going to look at it again. I think it is time for an attorney!

Update from Sep 16, 2009: Still a year later and Dodge has not sent me my money back. They told me they would and now they have no record! It is no wonder they went bankrupt!

- , Richland, WA, USA